Random Music Talk CXV: Kill Em All

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I'm not that far from Brussels but far enough to be completely safe.

Sent from my H60-L04 using U2 Interference mobile app

Yes I'm not that far from Brussels but far enough to be completely safe.

Sent from my H60-L04 using U2 Interference mobile app

it's great to hear.

it's not great that Facebook comment section is filled with xenophobes and conspiracy theorists.

Condolences to our Torontonian friends on the death of Rob Ford.

rob-ford2.jpg

Kendrick the other night. Gonna blog that. Modest Mouse tonight, so listening to Strangers to Ourselves again. There's some great stuff on here, it just gets lost amidst a LOT of filler and awful track titles. Lampshades on Fire, Shit in Your Cut, Ansel, Coyotes, Ground Walks, The Best Room and Of Course We Know can all sit among the good latter-day MM songs.

Pistol remains one of the worst songs I've ever heard and I mean that quite seriously. I can't sit through it.

Also decided to pass on The Decemberists, since it's 90 fucking dollars and they don't seem to play very much of my favourite record (Castaways & Cutouts).

Still need to hear Lonesome Crowded West properly but Good News is my fav MM album. Moon & Antarctica... I want to love it, but just can't get there.

Heyo, Bo knows this, (What?) and Bo knows that (What?)
But Bo don't know jack, cause Bo can't rap
Well what do you know, the Di-Dawg, is first up to bat
No batteries included, and no strings attached

:(

Modest Mouse last night. Was at a small-ish arena, the sides were entirely blocked off. The vibe felt a bit off all night. Felt like the band didn't feel much love from the crowd. Isaac Brock tried his hardest but his banter is a bit shit and felt a little forced. He's a cool dude, can shred guitar, has a great beanie and smokes and drinks tea on stage. But yeah. I just couldn't reeeeally connect much. I was also a bit preoccupied with my anxiety. but all that aside, it was a pretty great show. The setlist was pretty great for me, if they'd done The World at Large I would have left thinking it was pretty much perfect.

Fire it Up is a song that I didn't know that had a really great guitar riff, that was probably my first highlight, Dark Centre of the Universe was awesome, very dramatic live, the opening and the chorus rules. The Best Room>Dashboard>Gravity Rides Everything was a great stretch. Black Cadillacs was good to hear and closed the main set.

Encore opened with Shit in Your Cut which was great. Float On... to me at least, I think it's pretty obvious that they're deathly sick of playing this song. It wasn't close to the highlight for me. Decent, but I'll take the album version. Paper Thin Walls was a lot better, great late-show number, and was followed by Ground Walks, which was fucking excellent, equal with Fire it Up, Dark Centre, Best Room, Paper Thin Walls as the highlight. And then they closed with Good Times, which I fucking love, but the atmosphere was just not there, and the house lights came on almost straight away as it ended, Isaac just saying "it's been a pleasure to play for you, thank you". Great, but not excellent. All in all a great show, but far from an all-timer.

Just wanted to report the fulfilment of a bucket list item today - the Joshua tree in DVNPImageUploadedByU2 Interference1458886944.042885.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom