Random Music Talk CXI: W Sellin' VW To Me?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Now I'm trying to lyric search songs that might reference all three hinted people. The closest thing I could think of was this little Illuminati theory:

Don Mclean's song American Pie has a lyric about James Dean in it. Madonna covered the song, and Michael Jackson had a song covered in the film American Pie 2.

That was another possibility for James Dean mentions, but there's no connection to the other two.

Anyone want to help me win €2000+? Then please tell me from what song that extremely short fragment in the following link is. The songs listed are all wrong. There's also a tip: Madonna, Michael Jackson and James Dean. I don't think it's possible but maybe someone here has an incredible talent for this kind of stuff. The only thing I can think of is the beginning of There Is A Light That Never Goes Out. But it's not exactly the same.

Someone guessed Pride and I could definitely hear that. The last person guessed a Viet Cong song. :lol:

VRT MAX
Someone got it right. And it was impossible to guess for you guys as it was a song by a Belgian artist, a good one too.

The song's called Icon.

There's a new one now. Just as difficult.

Sent from my H60-L04 using U2 Interference mobile app

August 2015 can fuck off and go straight to Hell.

Spoilered because it's not a bid for sympathy, just a vent of sorts.

I started the month with a very painful lower abdominal issue that has somewhat sorted itself out, but will probably require surgery before the year is over. I had to sleep sitting up for several nights, and I missed seeing Marriages in San Diego. Then Tuesday night I ate something really bad, lost consciousness standing in the bathroom, and woke up to the sound of my head hitting the bathroom wall. I hyperventilated so bad my hands formed into claws and my sweetheart called the paramedics. IWB, do they all wear wings and halos? These guys did. They were so nice and so kind. It was my first ambulance ride. At the ER, I managed to puke up my entire lunch and dinner, so I felt a little better after that. My 2 AM CT scan of my head was clear, so I was home by 3:45 AM. Fucking hell, what a fucked up month.

Music.

Jeez, Martha. Praying for you on this, as I do when shit goes down. Surgery is scary stuff, but I hope it's a fairly simple fix, whatever it is.

I'll throw out some of my own medical news: I'm trying to figure out why my stomach is absolutely useless and why I'm having trouble digesting things, so I've been back and forth from the doctor and lab the past few weeks. Blood work came back normal in every possible area. So...yay? A lot of embarrassing and painful tests still yet to come.

Ugh, sorry to hear martha. Hang in there and get better soon. You too, LM.

I'll throw out some of my own medical news: I'm trying to figure out why my stomach is absolutely useless and why I'm having trouble digesting things, so I've been back and forth from the doctor and lab the past few weeks. Blood work came back normal in every possible area. So...yay? A lot of embarrassing and painful tests still yet to come.

Good luck with this.

Back
Top Bottom