Random Music Talk CVIII: Enhanced with a string section...maybe.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we all agree as a collective never to place Bob Dylan and Mumford & Sons in the same sentence ever again?

Co-signed.

e60434bc0c535165f99a10a3dfd178bd_400x1000.jpg

Wtf is up with all the one word thread titles?

dan_smee is bored and trolling.

I stand by the fact that titling a thread "If..." is garbage.

I may have suggested reasonably assertively that one word titles were stupid, the OP got their back up and defended it, so I was proving a point about how annoying it was. I went too far, but still, the OP shouldn't be posting one word titles and defending it as the right thing to do.

Dude you're an adult with a wife and a good life. You take this forum way too seriously. Might be excusable if you had nothing going on in your life but take a breather. You ended up embarrassing yourself imo. Those other posters are idiots but as we all well know there's a gigantic amount of idiots in EYKIW and the tour forum. Not worth wasting your time.

the guy referred to himself as a "professional medic" and you let that one be? as opposed to an amateur medic? oh this first aid shit, yeah it's just a hobby?

I know there's a few post-punk fans here, but anyone into the Comsat Angels? I've been listening to Sleep No More a whole bunch recently, and it's just fitting my mood at the moment. It's also one album where dated early 80s production really helps it - it's cold and clinical, but the songs are exactly that.

Dude you're an adult with a wife and a good life. You take this forum way too seriously. Might be excusable if you had nothing going on in your life but take a breather. You ended up embarrassing yourself imo. Those other posters are idiots but as we all well know there's a gigantic amount of idiots in EYKIW and the tour forum. Not worth wasting your time.

Yeah - I bailed on it pretty quickly, realised it was just pretty ordinary form from me.

Not an excuse, but things at work have been over the top stressful lately, and I've been taking some problems home with me. The stress release is the tour coming up and trying to lock into that frame of mind I was in following setlist parties in 2005. But I am just snapping when people are annoying me rather than letting it go. As I said, not an excuse, but an explanation I suppose.

My iTunes Match library sits at 24,144 tracks, which means I am going to have to start culling things pretty soon so I don't bump up against the 25K limit.

I have been buying CDs since 1987. Some quick calculations show that I have acquired an average of 16 tracks per week for the past 28 years.

My iTunes Match library sits at 24,144 tracks, which means I am going to have to start culling things pretty soon so I don't bump up against the 25K limit.

I've been wondering if iTunes is going to introduce some kind of upgrade or expanded space to Match. I'd certainly pay for it.

Cori that sounds like a nightmare, how many hours were you stuck at the airport for all up?

9? 10? I don't remember what time we finally got on a plane that was able to actually take off.

So the Hamburglar...

There is no way this isn't creepy, yes? Inquiring minds want to know.

It looks like a horrible Halloween costume. But I want to know if he still says "Robble robble."

It's easy to forget about Random Access Memories but holy fuck where there some great songs there. I will never tire of Get Lucky and I think I just got a speeding fine driving to Contact.

Yeah - I bailed on it pretty quickly, realised it was just pretty ordinary form from me.

Not an excuse, but things at work have been over the top stressful lately, and I've been taking some problems home with me. The stress release is the tour coming up and trying to lock into that frame of mind I was in following setlist parties in 2005. But I am just snapping when people are annoying me rather than letting it go. As I said, not an excuse, but an explanation I suppose.

That's no good mate. Work stress sucks, I had a quite stressful day a couple of weeks ago. Good to have an outlet, just don't look like a dickhead like the rest of em!!

has anyone heard timecop1983? iirc it's just a dude from the netherlands. but the music is pretty good. i think the genre is called chillwave? very reminiscent of the 80s (me liking it should surprise no one) but still original sounding and not dated.

An album after my own heart. I hope the music lives up to the promise.

Has anyone checked the new Calexico? If you like them, it's worth giving it a spin. I would say it's an average Calexico album, but that's not a bad thing at all. They consistently put out good records.

Tapping on the Line, with a Neko Case cameo, is one of my favorite songs in the new album.

What a horrible night I had last night.

Hit-and-run by a car on my brand new bike, shredded my ankle (I was extremely lucky not to have been killed, the difference between certain death and a moderate ankle sprain being about two inches), told by the responding police officer that I had wasted his time reporting it, broke said brand new bike, had to walk home 15 km in a t shirt and shorts after dark on a cold night, didn't get home till midnight and didn't eat dinner till nearly 1 am, and now I'm at work and can't focus because I didn't sleep and I also can't stop replaying all this shit in my mind. I wish it was at least Saturday so I could try to sleep in all day and not think about it.

Ugh.

Sorry guys, just needed to vent for a sec. :sigh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom