Random Music Talk CVII - At Home with Cobbler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cobl04

45:33
Lots of fun things happen in my life living out of home. This thread will be used to share some of those moments.

Here is me attempting to cook

IMG_3400_zpsr02bxcaw.jpg

And here is Teresa with Teddy, who I have had since the day I was born.

IMG_5096_zpszmfoqelk.jpg

Please enjoy.

Empty Road is such a good song. The album is super derivative of The Smiths, Felt, Yo La Tengo and others, but who complains about that in 2015?

Yeah the bookends are by far the best tracks, the rest is all very derivative and relatively inconsequential but it all sounds good and effortless so it's not something I'll be whinging about. It breezes by very nicely.

I honestly didn't get much out of the new Twerps album. It starts off pleasantly enough, but by the end it was all samey and boring.

They're a decent band to see live on a really hot summer day though.

I thought about it, but I didn't have anything that was much better. Let's be honest, I was probably just going to use a rape(d by wolves) joke like I did the last time I started a thread. And everyone knows that's not funny.

Agreed. It would also help if you practiced the art of mise en place while cooking. You might not have so much clutter, or dropped food :(

That movie looks sooooooooooooooooooooooo stupid, but I have this small inkling of a feeling that it'll be good.

This was quite lovely.

I feel like you could be using your counter space more efficiently than you are.

Agreed. It would also help if you practiced the art of mise en place while cooking. You might not have so much clutter, or dropped food :(

But see I had a working system in that photo. I ran out of bench space cos my other housemates hadn't cleaned up in full. So even though it looks bad that there's bacon on the floor, it is on plastic and I also did some cutting on the floor (on a cutting board) because I didn't have the room. So it looks bad but it worked.

You see, I clean up after my roommates if I need the space and they haven't cleaned. But in my house we are all pretty responsible about taking care of that stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

For the brief time that I lived with roommates, I did tend to clean up after them if I needed something done, but I grumbled furiously to myself about it.

My old housemates would never wash the dishes they didn't destroy while cooking. Two of them were absolutely incapable of cooking without setting off the smoke detectors, and the third would steal anything left in the fridge.

But see I had a working system in that photo. I ran out of bench space cos my other housemates hadn't cleaned up in full. So even though it looks bad that there's bacon on the floor, it is on plastic and I also did some cutting on the floor (on a cutting board) because I didn't have the room. So it looks bad but it worked.
yeah, like peef and ashley said, if you need the bench space, clean up after them. my kitchen is ridiculously small, if the sink's full of dishes or something i just do them before i cook. and then i do my dishes immediately afterwards* because sitting dirty dishes are gross.

*no really, i realise i take it to an extreme level but i usually do my pots/pans immediately AFTER cooking, before i've even eaten. i always seem to cook stuff (curry, spaghetti) where if the ring of sauce sits, it takes forever to soak and clean, so i just started soaking immediately, then realised it'll take ten more seconds to just clean it then, and that's how i got to this ridiculous point.

My old housemates would never wash the dishes they didn't destroy while cooking. Two of them were absolutely incapable of cooking without setting off the smoke detectors, and the third would steal anything left in the fridge.

This is why I live by myself.

Personal news alert:

Well, have lived by myself for a bit over a fortnight, having previously lived by myself for three years when I first moved to Melbourne. My partner of more than five years left me at the start of the month. It was unexpected. I'm... still alive. I've kept a lid on the news until now because we hadn't quite decided whether or not we'd say it publicly until yesterday (we're still talking, and hope to remain friends). Plus it's just been nice to come to Interference and post banal jokes and talk about sport. Anyway, there's my first and hopefully last Serious Personal Life Post in RMT. As you were.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom