Random Music Talk CVII - At Home with Cobbler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope the point of that story is that you were honestly good to drive, and not "LOL I got away with it."

I can't imagine you'd share the story if it were the latter, but I get super uncomfortable when people share stories like that.

Nah, I was fine. I wouldn't have been allowed to drive by everyone. The girl who jumped on stage then offered me the worst dating advice a drunk person can give another person.. She wasn't allowed to drive. I should mention I had 5 drinks spaced out between 5 hours padded with water tea and food.

People in Los Angeles tend to have a higher...tolerance when it comes to these kind of situations. Especially in the days before Lyft and Uber.

I've had a couple close calls myself. And I also know a lot of people who have had DUIs.

I think my martini's were a little on the weak side. But yeah, I turn 38 this year, so my days of REALLY drinking and driving are behind me. When I was younger I had those moments where I woke up and realized "Holy shit, how did I get home..."

But I had that reminder last night, that even though I felt okay, had the officer for whatever reason become suspicious and ask me to pull over (Like he did with a car full of younger people) and if I had to take a breathalyzer my life would have changed. Of course if I was like shit faced wasted and got into the car and drove and killed myself or a family, yeah, that too would have changed everything.

Did those "very special episodes" of TV shows I watched in the '80s not teach me anything?

I've driven with a beer or two in my system a couple times. But I've been in two accidents (completely sober) and the very thought of getting in another one terrifies me so much that I never chance it.

I still feel horrible about my one "I shouldn't have driven" moment ... and that was about 20 years ago.

I think I'm finally done with my massive CD purge. It almost feels like I got rid of too many (probably around 350), but my total is 1,499. Which is where I usually think my total is. But it had actually gotten up over 1,800. Which is ridiculous.

aqmXzq7.jpg

It is not safe to listen to any extended collection of Underworld tracks. Not if there's wine around. It's a shame, really. People in AA probably have to swear off Underworld too.

I think I'm finally done with my massive CD purge. It almost feels like I got rid of too many (probably around 350), but my total is 1,499. Which is where I usually think my total is. But it had actually gotten up over 1,800. Which is ridiculous.

I've gotta get rid of a load of magazine & newspaper articles that I have collected in one cupboard. it's not good to hoard

I am compiling a list of genre's from the world of film, tv, music, books, theatre, fanfiction, radio/audio, comics, panthletes, newspapers and magazines.
For the music list I have considered the possibility may need to expand and seperate New Age music into New Age and Native Spirit. Native Spirit encompasses African music, Australian Aboriginal music, West Indian music, stuff played on pan pipe and Enigma's back catalogue.

New Age music includes meditation music, trance and albums with birds singing and sounds from rainforests.

I've been into Yaz this weekend after watching an episode of The Americans where they were mentioned several times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom