Random Music Talk CVI: Leave Kanye Alone!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
David Pajo's Instagram shows a pic of him in the hospital giving a thumbs up and his neck is scarred and bandaged.

NOOO What are they doing?!?!?! Don't write an article about Jimmy Whispers! Jesus, this ruins everything.

EDIT: Read the article. What the fuck, did Jimmy Whispers sell out to the man? A record?! To purchase? From a label?

I feel so jaded, right now.

If Jimmy can't resist corporate America, what hope do the rest of us have?

I have been inconsolable* about this all day at work today. My coworker has tried to reassure me that one day I'll be happy to say I saw Jimmy Whispers at the Empty Bottle, in a manner akin to those who brag about having seen The Ramones at CBGBs. I don't believe him.

*Exaggeration

Port Of Morrow is better than I remember it being.
Yes! I love that album. It's filled with great hooks. It was also the first Shins album I listened to. I listened to an older one (with a blue cover) a little while later and I thought it paled in comparison.

Yes! I love that album. It's filled with great hooks. It was also the first Shins album I listened to. I listened to an older one (with a blue cover) a little while later and I thought it paled in comparison.

homepage_large.cfac9a34.jpg

:up:

If Jimmy can't resist corporate America, what hope do the rest of us have?

Alright, I couldn't say anything until Travis saw the email confirmation, but I definitely just bought the special edition vinyl for him for his birthday, lol.

Oh Inverted World is one of my all-time favorite albums, just a fantastic batch of songs.

Port of Morrow...eh...

Win Butler just came off the bench for the celebrity all star game. How long until he leaves with the basketball?

Well I figured out what's wrong with the album again. It starts off fantastically with Caring Is Creepy but the second song is a slog which makes me want to stop listening immediately. The few songs after that didn''t change my mind on that.

I started the new Title Fight album instead. I didn't expect it to be shoegazey. Nice surprise.

Sent from my H60-L04 using U2 Interference mobile app

Alright, I couldn't say anything until Travis saw the email confirmation, but I definitely just bought the special edition vinyl for him for his birthday, lol.

I'm sure there will be something unique about it, like Whispers pressed his own piss into the vinyl or something like that.

I'm sure there will be something unique about it, like Whispers pressed his own piss into the vinyl or something like that.

Perhaps, perhaps. I'm trying to look at the positives here. I've honestly usually been the first person to congratulate an artist for making it big, but Jimmy seemed so wonderfully Chicago. Our little secret, you know?

Bah! I'm glad I'll be able to listen to his tunes from the comfort of my own home soon enough.

Does he have his own tunes, though? I only remember him singing along semi-competently to those casio beats or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom