Random Music Talk CIX: Thank God We Have Limes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is there anyone who would actually find this thing appetizing? Hot dogs and potato chips on a hamburger?

Most-American-Thickburger.jpg

I just saw the commercial for this thing and laughed for a solid minute after it ended. I love it. I'll never eat it, but that ad is perfection.

I have PTSD after the Phoenix arena pre-show bathroom situation at Carl's Jr.

Also, the name itself pisses me off. Carl's Junior WHAT?

Shouldn't it be Carl Jr's? Carl Jr's Restaurant?

It's like Ruth's Chris Steakhouse.

I mean, what's a Chris Steakhouse? Are their cows all named Chris, or are they serving guys named Chris?

:lol:

We don't have Carl's Jr here (or if we do, it's not a part of New England I've ever been), so honestly the few times I've seen the place mentioned, if you were to ask me I would have assumed it was Carl Jr's. Like Wendy's, or something.

Do you have Hardee's? It's the same place, basically. Midwest/east, it's Hardee's. In the west, it's Carl's Jr.

I have never seen a Hardee's before either.

But that doesn't mean there isn't something out in the Boston area, there's a lot of suburbs out there I've never had cause to go. Although I did accidentally wind up in Waltham last week because I forgot how to get home from Cambridge momentarily.

Nope, according to their website the closest one to me looks to be near Kingston, NY and there is not a Hardee's in all of New England.

That is one of the least appetizing things I have ever seen.

You want this, don't you?

IMG_1065_zps2b289d94.png

I remember everyone going out of their way to hate on Go when it came out, but now there's this song, which strikes me as very similar, and people are loving it.

Do you have Hardee's? It's the same place, basically. Midwest/east, it's Hardee's. In the west, it's Carl's Jr.

The only place I have ever seen a Hardees is the Indiana turnpike rest stops.

I remember them having a poster with a picture of some monstrosity triple-bacon melt or something, with the tagline "no one ever high-fived over tofu." As a vegetarian I am probably over-sensitive to these things, but I still think that ad is ridiculous, because why would you ever willingly alienate a potential customer base? I might have bought fries or a shake there, but not after having seen that ad.

It lines up with the Carl's Jr ad attitude - that fucking gross bro-code bullshit with scantily-clad women eating juicy burgers and washing cars or whatever the fuck.

I don't know, I could have high fived the waiter at this vegan cafe place a couple weeks ago because my grilled tofu/corn pancake/kale breakfast was really fucking delicious. Miso-almond butter gravy is apparently a) a thing and b) fantastic.

I remember everyone going out of their way to hate on Go when it came out, but now there's this song, which strikes me as very similar, and people are loving it.

Two songs can be of the same genre and only one of them be terrible.

The terrible one is Go.

Let's not rag on Go.

Because having one grammatically confusing name isn't enough for them, so they have a different name in some states for shits and giggles?

I also feel the same way about the burgers & fries at Five Guys, because I just like food in general. I should probably be more like 60 lbs overweight instead of about 20...

I love them so very much. That's the best story. Dangerous for the health, but AWESOME.

Five guys bag stuffing is something Lance's mom would be able to converse about.

Last edited:
I've only eaten there the one time. I didn't realize a regular size order of fries was fill a good sized cup with fries, place in bag with burger, and then continue to shovel fries into bag until completely full.

No additional charge for all the extra toppings one could desire on a burger is pretty magical though.

So bad for your arteries.

Since this is actually a random music thread and not random burger thread...

I was not overly in love with either of the sinners & saints or Ramallah songs I had heard off the new EP, but 1) after the s&s show last week and 2) hearing the rest of the songs, I've really never been so content to listen to a 6 song EP on repeat. Or if I have been content to do that, it's been a really long time since then that I can't recall who it was.

BTW, Hewson, forgot to comment: I had a teacher in high school who got to the portion of the Jeopardy try-out where they were placed in the data pool. She never got called either. Stupid, Trebek.

I've forgotten how to post a picture apparently between now and when I put one in the vinyl thread a few hrs ago. But this Rastafarian Gumby stuffed toy showed up in my house the other day, someone hung it in the window in the in between walkway thingie between the doors, and I have no idea who put it there.

Edit: got it. The picture part. I still have no idea where Gumby came from.
image_zpsvkfofgfz.jpg

I've forgotten how to post a picture apparently between now and when I put one in the vinyl thread a few hrs ago. But this Rastafarian Gumby stuffed toy showed up in my house the other day, someone hung it in the window in the in between walkway thingie between the doors, and I have no idea who put it there.

Edit: got it. The picture part. I still have no idea where Gumby came from.
image_zpsvkfofgfz.jpg

You mf-ing hippy.

Back
Top Bottom