Random Music Talk CIII; WHATCHA GONNA DO BRUTHA WHEN HOMOMANIA RUNS WILD ON YOOOOOUUU

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As an album, it might be their worst. It's all over the place, feels totally themeless, incoherent, and is a frustrating listen sometimes. But I love pretty much all of the songs on it individually.

Does that make any sense?

Yes. It absolutely does.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Cori, Durufle's Requiem. Has your group ever sung that? I went to hear Pacific Symphony and Pacific Chorale perform it tonight. Jiminy Crickets, it was amazing! The concert hall where I saw it has a massive pipe organ that really sounds great.

/choral music talk

Pipe organs are cool.

Not cool is, and one of the reasons I don't get how fm radio still exists, the station here that seems to play acoustic matchbox 20 every single day at around the same time. Like that's a thing someone wants to hear. Fucking matchbox 20, acoustic, every day at some point between 7:30 and 8am. I don't really think anyone wanted to hear acoustic matchbox 20 in 1998, let alone every day in 2014.

Radio stations here pretty much suck. The Sound 100.3 out of Los Angeles does an okay job of not playing the same songs over and over again but sometimes falls into the same cycle of playing certain classic rock hits. KROQ is okay, kind of. It's just weird, since I have grown up here in Southern California it really messes with my mind when they'll play a certain grouping of songs that they played in 1994 when I was in high school.

However there are two college radio stations that I really like to listen to.

But when I am at work I stream Minnesota Public Radio's "The Current" radio station. Which is incredibly awesome.

Cori, Durufle's Requiem. Has your group ever sung that? I went to hear Pacific Symphony and Pacific Chorale perform it tonight. Jiminy Crickets, it was amazing! The concert hall where I saw it has a massive pipe organ that really sounds great.

/choral music talk

I haven't. I'll have to give it a listen.

The only ones I've actually sung are Mozart, Faure and Rutter. All of which I love.

I fucking love it, so yes. ;) I've actually been hearing bits of it pop up in TV shows and movies lately, which makes me pleased as punch.

I hope they lose this lawsuit, just because they haven't lost enough of them yet to compensate for all the shit they've stolen over the years.

Ariel Pink's pom pom is close Album of the Year for me upon the first two spins.

I'd be more surprised if I saw an article mentioning a zeppelin song discovered to be wholly original, quoting a musicologist "we compared the song to thousands of early blues recordings as well as many of the band's contemporaries, and were unable to find a single riff or chorus that even vaguely resembled any of them."

Ariel Pink's pom pom is close Album of the Year for me upon the first two spins.

Interesting. I'll have to check it out. Wasn't a fan of the last album.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Pretty interesting demographic over there. Easton at least looked like it was doing its best to ward off the economic problems that have been plaguing a lot of middle American cities of its size.

Yeah, of the cities in the Lehigh Valley, Allentown is probably more what you'd expect for a middle America city. They've taken a bigger hit there than Easton or even Bethlehem.

Back
Top Bottom