Random Music Talk CII: Brazilian Style, the longer it takes, the closer it gets.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's about time they prove that what they wanted is for people to hear the music, between this and Invisible they've done just that. It's about time, each of you is worth a minimum of $200m and claim to only be doing this for the love of sharing the music now. That and it'll give you a huge promo for your sure to be hugely-grossing upcoming tour.

Speaking of Invisible, that track belongs on this.

It's about time they prove that what they wanted is for people to hear the music, between this and Invisible they've done just that. It's about time, each of you is worth a minimum of $200m and claim to only be doing this for the love of sharing the music now. That and it'll give you a huge promo for your sure to be hugely-grossing upcoming tour.

Speaking of Invisible, that track belongs on this.

I do feel a lot better about the band, than I have in quite a while. This is commercial as hell, but at the same time, they did give us a free album, and that's nice as hell.

I do feel a lot better about the band, than I have in quite a while. This is commercial as hell, but at the same time, they did give us a free album, and that's nice as hell.

Oh absolutely, my first post in the album post was that I've been pretty pissed at them ever since February (if not 2011) and I still don't love the personnel choices or some of the cringeworthy canned banter with Tim Cook; but this announcement certainly assuaged my fear about the Apple rumors and while I'm not hearing anything I'd put in the top of their catalog this certainly made my dad and I'm just excited because this finally means new live shows!

Don't get your hopes up about the album itself though.

Apparently Beach House is touring with a bigger band this time around. Hopefully all of the drum parts are played live finally.

Where'd you hear this? Hopefully that means an album announcement is imminent.

LOL alright bros, whatever you say:

i4DEdYV.jpg

This Pitchfork review insinuates that "Brain" is a bad song. "Brain" is actually, in fact, good. The album is good too. She should've called it Goodess.

They were supposedly putting out a new album this year, back in like January, and I've heard nothing since.

Larry Fitzmaurice replied to me on Twitter this morning. No time to go into the Shuttlecock thread, has anyone posted his pathetic "leaked U2 titles" article? Nipples used to write funnier shit.

Where'd you hear this? Hopefully that means an album announcement is imminent.

Well, they announced a tour of Canada a month ago, this is in relation to that. They posted on Facebook today that two artists would be opening for them on the tour and that those same two artists would also be playing with them in a re-arranged version of their touring band.

I too assumed it meant they were close to a new album. I'd guess they probably are gonna release something early in 2015 and then do a proper US tour after that.

I feel like they had one at Bonnaroo too, but that week is understandably a bit of a blur for me at this point.

Oh, they've had a drummer for a bit now, but he didn't play the lead drum part on a lot of songs. They still relied heavily on the drum machine. And they've never had a bassist or second keyboardist or anything.

Between Interpol, Ryan Adams and U2, I say this has been an acceptable week for new music releases.

We were talking the other night about songs we always skip and just remembered two: the remixes on The Soft Bulletin. Fuck those tracks for muddling the the track listing. There's barely a difference either.

What is the light
That you have?
Shining all around you
Is it chemically derived?

Cause if it's natural
Something glowing from inside
Shining all around you
Its potential has arrived

Looking into space, it surrounds you
Love is the place that you're drawn to
Looking into space, it surrounds you
Love is the face that you're drawn to

Man, sometimes it's hard to believe that Wayne Coyne is a giant douchebag. I mean, apparently he is. But his lyrics break my heart. This shit is beautiful. Maybe he was a decent guy for most of his life and then, a few years ago, he woke up as a giant douchebag. Kind of like the guy in The Metamorphosis, only instead of a instead of a cockroach, he turned into a life-sized rubber douche.

Last edited:
There was a point last year where I listened to Superman, a song I had never really connected with, and I just started crying. The Soft Bulletin isn't my favourite Lips, but it's a very special record.

And then you've got Spiderbite, which is just Wayne checking to see if Drozd and Ivins are okay for four minutes.

I catch major feels over Suddenly Everything Has Changed once in a while. It's a song I've experienced for myself many times. You're doing some mundane chore and all of a sudden it hits you that you're getting older all the time and are going to die someday.

Wayne must have gone through an existential crisis for 3 years straight and decided the best way to cope was with partying and vaginas.

Last edited:
Yeah, I've been meaning to pick one up before they disappeared all together, to have a fresh one/offline player for remote hikes and when I'm out of the country.

Another new bit of Apple/music tech, iOS now allows for headphones to utilize the lightning port and Philips unveiled the first pair to take advantage of that, they built a better DAC and amplifier into the headphones. Not the brand I'll look to for that but it's the start of something cool. On Android you could use USB out to an external DAC but an all in one solution like this could be great if done right.

I was going to watch his iTunes festival performance until all this blew wide open, I'll have to get to that.

Back
Top Bottom