Random Music Talk CI - That's When I Reach For My Refresh Button

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It depends. Some high demand cars go over sticker, but if you go in there knowing the suggested list price, you should be able to get it down more than a couple hundred. Try Truecar.com to see what the prices have been recently. Oh and they will try to sell you stuff when you sign, like extended warranties, tire insurance, so keep your guard up until you drive off the lot.

PS. Congrats!

If you do all your research (which it seems you are on top of), then go in with your price in mind. You should be able to get close to it, unless its a hot vehicle like Trojanchick said. Also this time of year a good option is to look at a 2014 as the 2015's are hitting the lots, dealers will start to try and move the 2014s quicker come Sept/October. And don't get sucked in to an extended warranty or any of the extras David Puddy tries to get you to purchase.

Seinfeld. Additional overcharge - YouTube

Alright, cool, thank you both, I will look over the link you sent, Trojanchick and I will greatly enjoy all the David Puddy clips anyone ever shares, as well.

Haha yeah that's my favorite Pumpkins song, too. I like a number of their other tracks, but I hear what you're saying.

Do you guys like chicken tenders (fingers/strips whatever)? I've been craving the fuck out of them lately. I might be pregnant.

Do you guys like chicken tenders (fingers/strips whatever)? I've been craving the fuck out of them lately. I might be pregnant.

Yes. Barbecue sauce and honey mustard on some crispy chicken tenders is a very good meal.

Or, in Bono's case, a very good food group.

So here's my schedule for Pygmalion, which starts up in about a month:

Thursday night - Real Estate (I need to buy their newest album)
Friday night - Sun Kil Moon, Panda Bear, EMA (this night is gonna kick ass)
Saturday night - Bishop Allen, Tycho, Chvrches (!), Chvrches DJ set
Sunday - Speedy Ortiz (!!!), Deafheaven, American Football

FUCK YEAH

There are also a few local bands I'm gonna see sprinkled in there, but didn't need to list them cuz nobody's heard of them.

If we don't tear each other apart before then, and actually start playing shows more frequently, don't be shocked if you see an old familiar face on that same festival bill in 2015 :sexywink:

That's gonna be great.

I've got Real Estate and Tycho on tap for this weekend

Oh and THE STROKES

I like Chicken Tenders. But I like 1979 and Tonight, Tonight waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than I like Today.

Anyone else seen Kenny vs Spenny?

Screenshot2014-08-21at22249PM_zps645fc1d8.png

I am consistently distressed with the disparity between how fucking great "Today" is and how shockingly mediocre the rest of The Smashing Pumpkins' catalogue is.

Despite being a big single, this seems somewhat random to me.

Siamese Dream is an amazing record. I'm not a fan of Mellon Collie, but Adore is solid. Corgan's voice got more annoying with time (and was more prominent in the mix) so that turned me off the post-SD albums as well.

Corgan's voice got more annoying with time (and was more prominent in the mix) so that turned me off the post-SD albums as well.

Yep, that's pretty much my main complaint. The increasing self-importance and pretentiousness of the lyrics, artwork, and Corgan's general attitude also turned me off.

Guy's, I'm buying a car, basically for the first time. All of the other cars I've purchased have been like, $1000-$2000 "clunkers" that I paid cash for. This is the first time I'm doing the whole, financing, etc. deal. What I can't comprehend are some of the prices I'm seeing listed, compared to the KBB and Edmunds True Market Values...we're talking $1500 over suggested retail for one of the cars I was looking at. All of the stuff I've read about haggling suggests that you might be able to knock a "couple of hundred" dollars off a price, and that getting something for $1,000 off is extraordinary.

When I see a price like that, should I even bother countering with a realistic offer?

I'm sure I'm singlehandedly setting feminism back a few years, but the two times I bought a car I brought a male friend along cos well, to be honest, the only thing I know about cars is how to drive them (and I can't drive stick), and I have a lurking suspicion that all car dealers are sleaze bags.

I'm sure I'm singlehandedly setting feminism back a few years, but the two times I bought a car I brought a male friend along cos well, to be honest, the only thing I know about cars is how to drive them (and I can't drive stick), and I have a lurking suspicion that all car dealers are sleaze bags.

I am right there with you. This whole thing has had me on edge for the last week or so. I have Friday off and everything to get everything squared away.

God, I wish I knew how to drive a stick. I've had to pass up on a few cars I've wanted over the years, because I don't.

Fuck manual. Sure it makes driving a bit more fun but it's just a massive hassle and in this day and age it's pretty unnecessary unless you're an avid off-road driver.

You'll get much better fuel economy with manual, as well as control over power and acceleration. Regardless, I have automatic.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference to annoy Cobbler

^^Shut up.

So this girl on tinder. I swiped right because one of her pics was with Aladdin Sane makeup and she looked real hot. But she just sent me a pic and it appears she has one of those moustache index finger tattoos :barf:

Pfffft, fuel economy. All that matters is it has an aux hole.

I learned how to drive stick when I was 16, but I was so bad at it and haven't been in a manual since--let alone tried to drive one--that it's not something I think about much. I parallel parked an ambulance in downtown Boston after never parallel parking anything in my life before that. That's my crowning automotive achievement right there.

Ugh, swtor servers are down. I bout skyrim on boredom impulse. Going to go take am arrow to the knee now /way late to the party.

Back
Top Bottom