Random Music Talk C - Cobbler 'C'-ees us Into Triple Figures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am in Shitney on an all-expenses paid weekend "work" junket. Got helicopter rides, rock climbing, abseiling, surfing, whale watching and rally driving on the agenda. Have to write one 350-word article when I get back. Not bad.

I love rally, hill climbs, all that shiz. They pretty much don't televise it at all in the US any more though. Fuck you, America and your Nascar. Go watch the shittiest form of racing to have ever existed while drinking Coors Light.

People consistently beg us to host a Nascar race via social media and it never stops making me laugh.

:lol: Even her voice is a dead giveaway!

Have you listened to the new Gaslight Anthem? I'll be honest I haven't heard a single thing from the new album, but I've read some bad reactions. Waiting for a proper leak.

I had a crazy busy day at work yesterday and then passed out almost as soon as the baseball game was over, so I didn't hear it.

However, I have now, so I can weigh in:

It sounds like Gaslight Anthem. I have no idea what the problem is. Though, I will agree with the idea that the rockers aren't as good as the ballads this time around. Still, it's fine. It's not their best album, and sometimes, I think if a band puts out a good album after two or three great ones (as, IMO, Gaslight Anthem just did), it's easier to think the "good" one is shit.

Just finished FKA Twigs' album as well. I find music like this to be sooo good, but it never ends up being anything I'm passionate about, nor return to very often. I don't know why that is. The album's really good, though and the song "Closer" has some really amazing bits in it.

Just finished FKA Twigs' album as well. I find music like this to be sooo good, but it never ends up being anything I'm passionate about, nor return to very often. I don't know why that is. The album's really good, though and the song "Closer" has some really amazing bits in it.

Haven't had a chance to hear it yet but it'll be hard to top EP2.

Haven't had a chance to hear it yet but it'll be hard to top EP2.

I had only heard a few tracks, prior to this. I'll have to check the EPs out at some point.

Finally listened to the Eno album, Laz. It's basically as good as you made it out to be.

I'm assuming you're talking about High Life? I've been listening to the Eno/Cale just as much and I can't stress enough how great that one is too. You want to be in a happy mood just put that shit on.

For the SoCal folks. This looks like a fantastic lineup.

10413425_799404970091503_7844716024022247691_n.jpg

I'm friends with the people who put this on. They're also the ones behind Desert Daze. Highly recommend going, they put together great shows for low cost.

Martha, get on it. Gonna be some good psych rock in the mix.

I'm assuming you're talking about High Life? I've been listening to the Eno/Cale just as much and I can't stress enough how great that one is too. You want to be in a happy mood just put that shit on.

No, wait, I'm getting confused...how many albums has Eno put out this year? I just heard Someday World. Clearly I listened to the wrong one. Oh well...

That was what all the fuss was about. They released the follow-up High Life less than two months later. I don't think it's way better but its standout tracks (Return, Time To Waste It, Lilac) are higher peaks for sure.

Glad to have another fan of Someday World around, though!

I'll give the next album a listen tomorrow, then.

I tried to like She & Him, but I just couldn't take it and their 2nd album was, imo, really bad. I didn't bother with 3 after that.

Back
Top Bottom