Random Music CXXVI: The Woy Eet Eez

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i get your point but please also understand from our perspective how irritating it became to have biffy clyro shoehorned into damn near every conversation in this thread regardless of the topic. it was mildly amusing the first couple times, the 30th time not so much. you know as well as anyone else around here how we have a tendency to turn annoying posts into over-the-top jokes and memes (coughredhillcough).

anyways i hope you stick around.

Ding ding ding!

Honestly not here for the phony victim claims. Bands that get talked about, particularly active ones, frequently deserve a thread. Mikal was asked to create one and didn’t seem to care.

I don’t think it was a case of being singled out.

Having said that, as much as the posts annoyed me, I certainly didn’t want anyone leaving the forum over it.

Sorry if my excitement over a band I recently discovered was annoying. Just thought I’d share my excitement over it in here because ummmm...that’s what people do in this thread.

But for a mod to start a thread with the intention of singling out and trolling a member of almost 20 years is probably one of the more childish things I’ve seen here. Diemen, is your intention was to lose yet another member, mission accomplished. Not going to be subjected to that kind of behavior.

There are a good number of you that I’m friends with on Facebook and you can find me there... and please keep in touch. [emoji3590]
See ya.

Honestly not here for the phony victim claims. Bands that get talked about, particularly active ones, frequently deserve a thread. Mikal was asked to create one and didn’t seem to care.

yeah, frankly it's a little pathetic to act like this. it's one thing to be excited about a new band you discovered and share a few links and see if anyone else is interested. people may not like it or listen or care at all and if that's the case, then you move on and enjoy the tunes yourself, or if you really want a place to chat about them, there's about a million places on the internet you can go to talk with fans about any band that has ever existed. repeatedly spamming the band into totally unrelated conversations when you know by then that nobody else is interested, even to the point of straight up naming a *random* music talk thread after the band knowing full well that it'd irritate people, is flat-out trolling.

he was asked multiple times to create a separate thread if he wanted to talk about them so much and flat-out declined (gleefully, i might add, fully aware of the irritant he was being to the rest of us), so one was made for him. in that thread as of now there is no mention of him, nobody is attacking or mocking him, and it's a bunch of lighthearted joking around. but i guess somehow that's so insulting that he feels the need not only to leave the forums forever after 20+ years but also make a melodramatic "how could you do this to me" exit on the way out? please. :rolleyes:

i'm not even going to get into the fact that, in terms of singling out and trolling, what he regularly gave to redhill was at least 10x worse than anything he's ever gotten back from diemen, or anyone else for that matter.

Last edited:
yeah, frankly it's a little pathetic to act like this. it's one thing to be excited about a new band you discovered and share a few links and see if anyone else is interested. people may not like it or listen or care at all and if that's the case, then you move on and enjoy the tunes yourself, or if you really want a place to chat about them, there's about a million places on the internet you can go to talk with fans about any band that has ever existed. repeatedly spamming the band into totally unrelated conversations when you know by then that nobody else is interested, even to the point of straight up naming a *random* music talk thread after the band knowing full well that it'd irritate people, is flat-out trolling.

he was asked multiple times to create a separate thread if he wanted to talk about them so much and flat-out declined (gleefully, i might add, fully aware of the irritant he was being to the rest of us), so one was made for him. in that thread as of now there is no mention of him, nobody is attacking or mocking him, and it's a bunch of lighthearted joking around. but i guess somehow that's so insulting that he feels the need not only to leave the forums forever after 20+ years but also make a melodramatic "how could you do this to me" exit on the way out? please. :rolleyes:

i'm not even going to get into the fact that, in terms of singling out and trolling, what he regularly gave to redhill was at least 10x worse than anything he's ever gotten back from diemen, or anyone else for that matter.

I think your perspective is a bit jaded. I legitimately expressed my excitement about the band several times with good intentions that someone else might be influenced to give them a chance. Something similar has happened in my group of friends. Christ man, I wasn't trolling anyone. What bugs me is that I've posted about them yes, numerous times, but when you break it down, it's not like I'm doing it every day. I think the one where Laz was being Laz telling me to start my own thread was where I ranked their albums. There's nothing wrong with that. I also know that this forum is slow and starting a thread is pointless. The name of this thread is "Random". I've talked about several other bands here and have had good discussions over the years.

The other problem with your perspective is this "trolling" of Redhill you're talking about. Who didn't single out the guy who called everyone here "Grand Bitches". Whole different level man.

My main problem is with Diemen obviously creating a thread to try to single me out. I'm not trying to play a victim card here, just fed up with Diemen's crap that goes back throughout several years.

I know I said I was leaving, but your post was not consistent with reality so I felt the need to at least respond.

But whatever. Sorry that I wanted to share excitement about one of my favorite bands!

okay then mister martyr. all the best.

Good grief. I've never had a problem with you. Not sure what your deal is.

Anywho, I won't bother you guys with Biffy Clyro anymore but decided to stay. I had a bad/stressful morning and saw Diemen's thread. I've reported that and hope it can be closed and just carry on.

i wrote several paragraphs today explaining rather clearly what my deal is.

anyways i've more than said my piece, honestly i'm glad you changed your mind and i hope your day gets better.

I know. I read it.

I guess to give a more level headed response, I don't quite understand the backlash. If you go ahead and simply search for Biffy Clyro, it's not like I was posting about them every day, multiple times per day. The last time I posted about them and Laz snapped at me, it was simply me posting about my album rankings by them. My thought was that if maybe someone had thought about checking them out, they'd say "oh at least I have a good suggestion about what album to start out with". The idea that I was trying to troll or start shit is just completely false. I just want to set that record straight with you and everyone else who might have a problem with it. But considering my frequency about posting about them isn't consistent with what would be considered "trolling a forum", that's what led me to assume that I was being singled out. Hope that makes sense.

I think your perspective is a bit jaded. I legitimately expressed my excitement about the band several times with good intentions that someone else might be influenced to give them a chance. Something similar has happened in my group of friends. Christ man, I wasn't trolling anyone. What bugs me is that I've posted about them yes, numerous times, but when you break it down, it's not like I'm doing it every day. I think the one where Laz was being Laz telling me to start my own thread was where I ranked their albums. There's nothing wrong with that. I also know that this forum is slow and starting a thread is pointless. The name of this thread is "Random". I've talked about several other bands here and have had good discussions over the years.

The other problem with your perspective is this "trolling" of Redhill you're talking about. Who didn't single out the guy who called everyone here "Grand Bitches". Whole different level man.

My main problem is with Diemen obviously creating a thread to try to single me out. I'm not trying to play a victim card here, just fed up with Diemen's crap that goes back throughout several years.

I know I said I was leaving, but your post was not consistent with reality so I felt the need to at least respond.

But whatever. Sorry that I wanted to share excitement about one of my favorite bands!

Ooookay. First, you completely misinterpreted the point of my starting that thread. You clearly enjoy the band. Many people in here clearly don’t and thought you were basically trolling with your rather... insistent mentions of them. I started that thread so you could talk about them, sing their praises, maybe even turn other people on to them without having to deal with the backlash from people here. It was not my intention at all to single you out for ridicule.

Second, I’m not on here all that much. I see that the thread I started has indeed turned into people mocking the band and you (to those saying there’s no specific ridicule directed at mikal in there... it’s pretty implicit in the tone of the jokes).
So my apologies that people here couldn’t leave well enough alone and took that as an excuse to dump on the band and you more.

Lastly, I honestly don’t know what I’ve done to you in the past that makes you think I was out to single you out for ridicule, but I do sincerely apologize if you were getting that feeling from me. I definitely didn’t mean to.

Ooookay. First, you completely misinterpreted the point of my starting that thread. You clearly enjoy the band. Many people in here clearly don’t and thought you were basically trolling with your rather... insistent mentions of them. I started that thread so you could talk about them, sing their praises, maybe even turn other people on to them without having to deal with the backlash from people here. It was not my intention at all to single you out for ridicule.

Second, I’m not on here all that much. I see that the thread I started has indeed turned into people mocking the band and you (to those saying there’s no specific ridicule directed at mikal in there... it’s pretty implicit in the tone of the jokes).
So my apologies that people here couldn’t leave well enough alone and took that as an excuse to dump on the band and you more.

Lastly, I honestly don’t know what I’ve done to you in the past that makes you think I was out to single you out for ridicule, but I do sincerely apologize if you were getting that feeling from me. I definitely didn’t mean to.

Hey man. My apologies for jumping to conclusions. I was having a shitty morning and then saw the thread and the responses and automatically assumed you were in on a public mockery. Having stepped back, I can definitely see that wasn't the case. So all good. My apologies again.

I'm looking forward to listening to the new Big Thief this weekend just as much as Vampire Weekend. Capacity was such a great record, and the early indications are that they are moving in an interesting new direction.

it's not really my kind of music to be up to speed on but haven't there been a shit ton of artists lately ripping off taking a lot of inspiration from the glam rock/t rex sort of aesthetic?

That's true enough, and not just lately (hello The Darkness). So, not just Led Zeppelin, admittedly.

I'm looking forward to listening to the new Big Thief this weekend just as much as Vampire Weekend. Capacity was such a great record, and the early indications are that they are moving in an interesting new direction.

And the verdict is: I really like it. I’m loving that they once again saved for the back half of the album a couple of slow burning songs that crescendo into the stratosphere, like Mary in the previous album and Terminal Paradise / Jenny in this one. Adrianne Lenker is just a fantastic songwriter.

Sorry if my excitement over a band I recently discovered was annoying. Just thought I’d share my excitement over it in here because ummmm...that’s what people do in this thread.

But for a mod to start a thread with the intention of singling out and trolling a member of almost 20 years is probably one of the more childish things I’ve seen here. Diemen, is your intention was to lose yet another member, mission accomplished. Not going to be subjected to that kind of behavior.

There are a good number of you that I’m friends with on Facebook and you can find me there... and please keep in touch. [emoji3590]

I mean I don’t appreciate the way people are responding to you.

But hey at least you got them angry. People just tune me out when I bring up a band lmao.

i wrote several paragraphs today explaining rather clearly what my deal is.

anyways i've more than said my piece, honestly i'm glad you changed your mind and i hope your day gets better.

Cmon Dave, he’s not a bad guy. Clearly he wants to be heard and he knows if he creates a thread, in this day and age, it won’t survive.

Not to speak for mikal, but I suspect he appreciates everyone’s opinion here. Particularly the mainstays.

It’s okay to be annoyed by it.

Cmon Dave, he’s not a bad guy. Clearly he wants to be heard and he knows if he creates a thread, in this day and age, it won’t survive.

Not to speak for mikal, but I suspect he appreciates everyone’s opinion here. Particularly the mainstays.

It’s okay to be annoyed by it.

Appreciate it man. Dave C is a good guy too and we had a chance to talk it out. [emoji106]

I'm glad Mikal is here because he gives a shit about things and throws himself into every discussion he's involved in. Sometimes he goes overboard like today but he's got things going on so I get it.

Does he care as much as Shouter though?

That was him who had the line about caring more than most people, right?

And the verdict is: I really like it. I’m loving that they once again saved for the back half of the album a couple of slow burning songs that crescendo into the stratosphere, like Mary in the previous album and Terminal Paradise / Jenny in this one. Adrianne Lenker is just a fantastic songwriter.
I really liked it too. Great vibe and some strong tunes. Probably the best thing I've heard by them so far.

I was going to listen to Sufjan's Michigan today, but then Terminal Paradise started out just like The Upper Peninsula and scratched that itch.

Back
Top Bottom