Random Music CXXVI: The Woy Eet Eez - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-04-2019, 02:49 PM   #141
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
i wrote several paragraphs today explaining rather clearly what my deal is.

anyways i've more than said my piece, honestly i'm glad you changed your mind and i hope your day gets better.

Cmon Dave, he’s not a bad guy. Clearly he wants to be heard and he knows if he creates a thread, in this day and age, it won’t survive.

Not to speak for mikal, but I suspect he appreciates everyone’s opinion here. Particularly the mainstays.

It’s okay to be annoyed by it.

Old 05-04-2019, 03:10 PM   #142
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Cmon Dave, he’s not a bad guy. Clearly he wants to be heard and he knows if he creates a thread, in this day and age, it won’t survive.

Not to speak for mikal, but I suspect he appreciates everyone’s opinion here. Particularly the mainstays.

It’s okay to be annoyed by it.

Appreciate it man. Dave C is a good guy too and we had a chance to talk it out.

Old 05-04-2019, 04:23 PM   #143
Blue Crack Addict

i never said mikal is a bad guy. far from it. anyways we talked it out and it's over. let's all move on.
Old 05-04-2019, 04:45 PM   #144
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
i never said mikal is a bad guy. far from it. anyways we talked it out and it's over. let's all move on.

Your hair is sun damaged

Fight me now
Old 05-04-2019, 06:06 PM   #145
The Male

Local Time: 07:11 AM
I'm glad Mikal is here because he gives a shit about things and throws himself into every discussion he's involved in. Sometimes he goes overboard like today but he's got things going on so I get it.
Old 05-04-2019, 06:40 PM   #146
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Does he care as much as Shouter though?

That was him who had the line about caring more than most people, right?
Old 05-04-2019, 08:36 PM   #147
The Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by gump View Post
And the verdict is: I really like it. I’m loving that they once again saved for the back half of the album a couple of slow burning songs that crescendo into the stratosphere, like Mary in the previous album and Terminal Paradise / Jenny in this one. Adrianne Lenker is just a fantastic songwriter.
I really liked it too. Great vibe and some strong tunes. Probably the best thing I've heard by them so far.

I was going to listen to Sufjan's Michigan today, but then Terminal Paradise started out just like The Upper Peninsula and scratched that itch.
Old 05-04-2019, 08:40 PM   #148
Blue Crack Addict

Random Music CXXVI: The Woy Eet Eez

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
Appreciate it man. Dave C is a good guy too and we had a chance to talk it out.

I only did it so I can oblige you to go check out VHS Collection k thx u

Jk I still mean what I said

But still, do it.
Old 05-04-2019, 09:04 PM   #149
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron yuppie View Post
Does he care as much as Shouter though?

That was him who had the line about caring more than most people, right?

Shouter
Old 05-05-2019, 12:31 AM   #150
Blue Crack Addict

I would have guessed Screwtape2.
Old 05-06-2019, 01:55 AM   #151
45:33

Local Time: 02:11 AM
That Big Thief album, which I put on my to do list after gump's mention, just got the highest Pitchfork score (9.3) in four-and-a-half years. You have to go back to D'Angelo in late 2014 to find a higher score, 9.4, although within the space of five months in 2015 there were four other 9.3s - Currents, In Colour, Carrie & Lowell and To Pimp a Butterfly. (Then, strangely, those albums rated #5, #2, #6 and #1 respectively for 2015, and Black Messiah came in at #7. Art Angels and Summertime 06 both forced their way into the #3 and #4, despite rating lower in their reviews.) The only other album to come close since D'Angelo is DAMN, with a 9.2.
Old 05-06-2019, 01:57 AM   #152
The Male

It's nowhere near the best album to come out in the last four-ish years, but it's pretty damn good.
Old 05-06-2019, 02:27 AM   #153
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
That Big Thief album, which I put on my to do list after gump's mention, just got the highest Pitchfork score (9.3) in four-and-a-half years. You have to go back to D'Angelo in late 2014 to find a higher score, 9.4, although within the space of five months in 2015 there were four other 9.3s - Currents, In Colour, Carrie & Lowell and To Pimp a Butterfly. (Then, strangely, those albums rated #5, #2, #6 and #1 respectively for 2015, and Black Messiah came in at #7. Art Angels and Summertime 06 both forced their way into the #3 and #4, despite rating lower in their reviews.) The only other album to come close since D'Angelo is DAMN, with a 9.2.
They gave the Big Thief a 9.2, not 9.3

Friggin' Cobbler.
Old 05-06-2019, 02:57 AM   #154
45:33

Local Time: 02:11 AM
Literally, DAMN.
Old 05-06-2019, 07:46 AM   #155
Blue Crack Distributor

Cobbler, I trusted you. How could you?
Old 05-06-2019, 08:05 AM   #156
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post

3 songs in and not really inspired to listen any further. Not that it’s bad, but for an album scored that high, I was expecting something more than that.
Old 05-06-2019, 11:08 AM   #157
Blue Crack Supplier

Madonna just announced her next tour this morning, looks like it's going to be major cities only at this point.

She's starting with smaller venue residencies in the Big 3, including 5 nights at the Wiltern in Los Angeles. She's doing something interesting with the ticket sales which I suspect is to cut down on internet traffic as well as scalpers: you choose the date and section you want, plus any presale group password you may have (or just go for the general sale), enter your CC information, and then they're just going to text you within a couple weeks to let you know if you got tickets or not.

If you're really dead-set on going to a show, I realize this method could be frustrating, but for me, who's casually interested, it's worth a shot in the dark. Tickets range from $2000 for the GA pit in front of the stage, to $53 for the cheapest seats in the balcony.
Old 05-06-2019, 11:16 AM   #158
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
It's nowhere near the best album to come out in the last four-ish years, but it's pretty damn good.
I love their music, and I fully agree with LM.
Old 05-06-2019, 11:56 AM   #159
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
Madonna just announced her next tour this morning, looks like it's going to be major cities only at this point.

She's starting with smaller venue residencies in the Big 3, including 5 nights at the Wiltern in Los Angeles. She's doing something interesting with the ticket sales which I suspect is to cut down on internet traffic as well as scalpers: you choose the date and section you want, plus any presale group password you may have (or just go for the general sale), enter your CC information, and then they're just going to text you within a couple weeks to let you know if you got tickets or not.

If you're really dead-set on going to a show, I realize this method could be frustrating, but for me, who's casually interested, it's worth a shot in the dark. Tickets range from $2000 for the GA pit in front of the stage, to $53 for the cheapest seats in the balcony.
I’ll give the ticket requests a shot when they announce the Miami dates. After 30+ years of arenas and stadiums, she was already teasing that she wanted to change things up.

Glad I got to see her in an arena on the last tour, but these theater shows should be very interesting.
Old 05-06-2019, 12:49 PM   #160
Blue Crack Supplier

Despite being a fan since the mid-80s, I was only able to see her once, approx 10 years ago on her Sticky and Sweet tour, at Dodger Stadium. While I would have preferred to see Blonde Ambition or Drowned World, it was still a hell of a show. Very inventive visuals, diverse setlist with picks spanning her whole career, and guest appearances from both Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake (the benefits of an LA show!).

If I can see her in a smaller venue for $75 or less, I’m sure it will be well worth it regardless of how good the new material is (I think the lead single is pretty weak). I don’t think she’s capable of putting on a bad show, or wouldn’t tour anymore if she knew she couldn’t deliver.