Random Music Charli LXXXII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's big and bright and happy and shiny, there are "ohhhh ahhhh" vocals and harmonies, and some pulsing strings? I guess that equals Beatles for some people. Don't think there's a problem with that connection, honestly.

It was also recorded at Abbey Road.

The only Beatles song I can think of that sounds remotely close to Window is Penny Lane. But I get your point about what U2 might have been shooting for.

I thought it was pretty Beatlesy myself.

There is one movie I can think of off the top of my head that's better than the book: Forrest Gump

FCMoAQF.jpg

Remember that site that let you upload music and listen to it with a bunch of people? About 3 weeks ago, Grooveshark launched a similar feature. Might be fun to do that again someday, especially since with Grooveshark, you can just pick music from what they already have in their database. Could be fun if we ever wanted to try and do a group listen to an album as well.

I've never even listened to Thriller all the way through, but I really do think that it has great cover art and is a damn good title for an album. To have an album that sold like eleventy bajillion copies and call it THRILLER and have some big cheesy picture of you on the front in a funny pose is awesome.

I love Thriller. I mean yeah it's pretty dated and The Girl is Mine is abominable, but Billie Jean and Human Nature are perfect songs. And the guitar solo in Beat It is beast.

Beat It is a beast, in general. Great song.

I actually always thought that Beat It would be a really cool song for a white boy rock band to cover live, but then Fall Out Boy did that and now it's not that cool of an idea anymore.

The Jack Nicholson Party covered Beat It a couple years ago. We're damn white. I should upload it.

Really? Did I know about that? That's a weird coincidence.

JNP is my favorite band behind U2 and Pearl Jam.

Ben went through a weird MJ phase until he discovered the whole child molester thing. I'd record it again but he probably wouldn't sing it now. The version I have was recorded live in a living room with a microphone hanging from the ceiling.

I hate that I've been part of a band for 6 years that hasn't received half of the praise JNP has. Until I remember I'm in JNP, that is, which is awesome for me.

Yes. If we start playing gigs, you'll get the call up.

I'm sure Jimmy Whispers can hook us up at the Empty Bottle or some hole like that.

Yeah it's track 4:

9r0eq9.jpg

I'm totally cool with collaborating on lyrics. NSW is penciled in for The Nicholson Always Stabs Twice.

For the record, I think it's fucking bullshit that people can't start threads for their bands and have to be sequestered in the fucking music sharing thread that no one reads. It's a testament to the greatness of JNP that we've worked around the system.

Shouter's Butt Meat listening room. :happy:

Yeah, we totally need to do that again sometime.

I'm playing a bunch of random shit to no one right now, lol. When there's actually people listening, though, they've got a neat little up/down vote system and song requesting and a chat room.

Looks like turntable.fm isn't invite only anymore, but I think it's restricted to the US.

I'll have to check out the Grooveshark feature when I'm at home. I assume you can create your own listening/chat rooms?

Yep.

I mean, if you want to see, here's mine: Grooveshark - Free Music Streaming, Online Music Not sure how much longer I'll be playing stuff, but there ya go.

We are spinning Funeral for a Friend/Love Lies Bleediing atm and will be for a while because this song goes on forever :love:

Back
Top Bottom