Random Music Charli LXXXII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lindsay Ophelia Lohan?

xHN8B3C.jpg

The Clash's Straight to Hell was also released in the '80's.

Does alcohol make you lose your voice? I've lost my voice. Sorta have mixed emotions on it all. Not necessarily regret, it's just weird to do something for the first time at 35 that you were once proud of yourself for having never done.

It's not so much alcohol that makes you lose your voice as it is all the yelling at people you do after you've been drinking alcohol

My favorite thing is how they keep writing "LOL" after the first sentence telling people not to use it.

Does alcohol make you lose your voice? I've lost my voice. Sorta have mixed emotions on it all. Not necessarily regret, it's just weird to do something for the first time at 35 that you were once proud of yourself for having never done.

What did you drink and how much and then what happened? We needs the detailz pleeez.

One of my friends is in the same boat as me religion wise, he just started drinking about a year ago. He and I have been friends since the first day of junior high, so it was nice to have someone I know that well around. He and his girlfriend (raised Mormon, but left in her teens) just went to a bar after another friend's wedding reception. I wasn't going to drink anything, but I succumbed to evils of peer pressure.

First drink was some horrible cocktail my friend's gf thought I might like. All of us got one, none of us liked it much. I don't remember what it was called, had pineapple juice and some sort of sour mix in it. I thought it was flat out awful. Later had a a hard apple cider, at least I think that's what it was called. That more or less just tasted like apple cider, so I liked it a lot. Had a local brand beer an hour or two after that. Beer more or less tastes like a better flavored version of this gross wheat tea that I had many, many times in Japan. My friends were shocked I didn't mind it.

I don't know, nothing super exciting to report. I felt weird from it all, so maybe I'm a huge lightweight, or it was just a massive shock experiencing it all for the first time this late in life. I thought I'd feel bad about doing it later, was sort of a surprise how little I cared. Probably felt more weird about that specifically than anything else. I don't know weird to explain. Like so many taboo things in Mormonism, it's sort of an emotional shock when you realize these so called "evil" things you've had pounded into your head as long as you can remember seem natural and harmless when you finally do it. If anything, that realization in and of itself is more depressing than anything.

it's sort of an emotional shock when you realize these so called "evil" things you've had pounded into your head as long as you can remember seem natural and harmless when you finally do it. If anything, that realization in and of itself is more depressing than anything.

That realization didn't feel like a bit of a relief, too?

I just did something new, too. Gave myself a B12 shot. :cabbagepatch:

One of my friends is in the same boat as me religion wise, he just started drinking about a year ago. He and I have been friends since the first day of junior high, so it was nice to have someone I know that well around. He and his girlfriend (raised Mormon, but left in her teens) just went to a bar after another friend's wedding reception. I wasn't going to drink anything, but I succumbed to evils of peer pressure.

First drink was some horrible cocktail my friend's gf thought I might like. All of us got one, none of us liked it much. I don't remember what it was called, had pineapple juice and some sort of sour mix in it. I thought it was flat out awful. Later had a a hard apple cider, at least I think that's what it was called. That more or less just tasted like apple cider, so I liked it a lot. Had a local brand beer an hour or two after that. Beer more or less tastes like a better flavored version of this gross wheat tea that I had many, many times in Japan. My friends were shocked I didn't mind it.

I don't know, nothing super exciting to report. I felt weird from it all, so maybe I'm a huge lightweight, or it was just a massive shock experiencing it all for the first time this late in life. I thought I'd feel bad about doing it later, was sort of a surprise how little I cared. Probably felt more weird about that specifically than anything else. I don't know weird to explain. Like so many taboo things in Mormonism, it's sort of an emotional shock when you realize these so called "evil" things you've had pounded into your head as long as you can remember seem natural and harmless when you finally do it. If anything, that realization in and of itself is more depressing than anything.

That was a great first step. Now go and get yourself hammered. Join the club. Live the life!

It is a bit overrated. However, I have been ceaselessly drinking it to excess for the last eleven years of my life. So, there you go. Best of luck with everything, mofo.

I just did something new, too. Gave myself a B12 shot. :cabbagepatch:

From the way my dad describes these, I want one. But I probably don't actually need one.

A cocktail with pineapple juice and sour mix sounds like beetus waiting to happen. No thanks. Not surprised that your first experience drinking was so blase, Scumbo. It's just a thing that people do and it can be fun in the company of people you like. Sometimes the drinks taste good, and honestly, it's probably best you stick to those for now and drink just enough to be loose and have fun. I used to feel a ton of pressure to get drunk, but people leave you alone as long as you have a beer in your hand and I have fun doing that.

Or just enjoy an occasional drink now and then. A good beer, a nice bourbon. Alcohol can really enhance food, and it can taste really good on its own.

A good glass of wine can make a meal even more perfect. I used to date a sommelier, and learning from him to appreciate wine was really cool. :up:

From the way my dad describes these, I want one. But I probably don't actually need one.

I actually do need it. My doctor gave me one during my annual checkup a couple of weeks ago and told me I could use more. So I asked her if she'd teach me how and give me a prescription. She was so excited to do it, it was cute. She's all for empowering people and helping them save money.

Echoing what others have said, mofo, it's nice to just chill out with friends and have a drink. Hard cider or a cold beer on a hot summer day is quite nice. And it's also just good to be free of issues around alcohol even if you find yourself not particularly desiring it.

I don't know, nothing super exciting to report. I felt weird from it all, so maybe I'm a huge lightweight, or it was just a massive shock experiencing it all for the first time this late in life.

First time having it, I wouldn't think the term lightweight is applicable at this point, obviously you've not built any tolerance and its new to your system.

From someone who gave it up a long time ago, just do what you feel makes sense for you, you're beyond the point in life where peer pressure should come into play.

And goes without saying, but don't drink and drive. (you might spill your drink)

If anyone is following him on Twitter, you'll know how popular astronaut Chris Hadfield has become because of all the amazing photos he posts from the International Space Station.

He comes home tomorrow and he could probably become Prime Minister of Canada if he wanted. Proof that not all Maple Leafs fans are horrible. Makes me proud to be Canadian.

Anyway, on his last day in space he posted this. Just awesome. Gave me chills. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaOC9danxNo

Hey Mofo, here's to not having your life experience dictated to you :beer:

Now go get drunk, or go drink moderately, or go have a drink every now and then, or don't ever have another drink ever again. Do whatever you want

If anyone is following him on Twitter, you'll know how popular astronaut Chris Hadfield has become because of all the amazing photos he posts from the International Space Station.

He comes home tomorrow and he could probably become Prime Minister of Canada if he wanted. Proof that not all Maple Leafs fans are horrible. Makes me proud to be Canadian.

Anyway, on his last day in space he posted this. Just awesome. Gave me chills. Enjoy!

Space Oddity - YouTube

Despite his voice drifting dangerously close into Mark Gormley territory
o
|
|\
that is indeed pretty awesome. Might have to repost that to facebook

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaOC9danxNo

Been following him for ages, but didn't see this. Amazing, thanks for sharing :up:

Back
Top Bottom