Random Movie Talk XIII: In Which I Cannot Come Up With a Relevant or Witty Title

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
robert-de-niro-and-martin-scorsese-.jpg

Look at these B.As

Maybe when I start the thread itself, I'll give it a few days for people to join.

Then I'll put names in a hat, and the name I pick will pick the first film and we'll go from there.

What if you're someone like me who would like to sometimes watch the movies and comment, but wouldn't want to ever pick them?

What if you're someone like me who would like to sometimes watch the movies and comment, but wouldn't want to ever pick them?

I think that if you're going to participate, you ought to choose a film when it's your turn. That's just how I'd like to see it work.

I mean, nobody can stop you from peeking at the thread and watching the films and commenting and whatnot, of course, this is just how I'd like to see it play out.

Laz - I'm picking a participant's name out of a hat, not the actual film. But that will likely be my choice. That or Yentl.

I think that if you're going to participate, you ought to choose a film when it's your turn. That's just how I'd like to see it work.

Okay, I see. As long as nobody minds me picking stuff that's totally mainstream, I could do this.

Also, would the idea be for the chooser of the film to select something he or she has seen already and wants to discuss with everyone else or to select something new to him or her as well? Or does it matter?

Also, would the idea be for the chooser of the film to select something he or she has seen already and wants to discuss with everyone else or to select something new to him or her as well? Or does it matter?

My initial reaction is that it's completely up to person choosing the film.

Oh! Thank you and/or sorry.

I love watching movies, but struggle talking about them in any sort of detail to be able to provide much for this group, I think. Which is kind of weird, since I have many wordy opinions about everything else in the world. I'm the same way about books.

If you don't care so much about that and want some estrogen in the group to balance things out, then I'd be happy to participate, and would promise to actually pay attention to the movies and not multi-task myself to death while watching them.

Oh! Thank you and/or sorry.

I love watching movies, but struggle talking about them in any sort of detail to be able to provide much for this group, I think. Which is kind of weird, since I have many wordy opinions about everything else in the world. I'm the same way about books.

If you don't care so much about that and want some estrogen in the group to balance things out, then I'd be happy to participate, and would promise to actually pay attention to the movies and not multi-task myself to death while watching them.

I'd like you to participate.

I don't have much to say beyond "liked it" or "disliked it" myself. I lack eloquence when it comes to discussing film or literature. But, still, the ensuing discussions will hopefully be educational and whatnot.

What happens if someone picks a film and everyone has already seen it? We watch again for a refresher and discuss?

What happens if someone picks a film and everyone has already seen it? We watch again for a refresher and discuss?

I think that at this stage, I really haven't thought every scenario out.

When we start the thread itself, maybe we should discuss this all there. I'll lay out the parameters and if some of them seem like they should be amended, we'll talk it out before we really start.

I'd imagine if enough people say they've seen it already we should just pick a new film. Not a big issue really.

Therein lies the problem with having mainstream films. If the idea is to expose people to new stuff and spark discussion, going to be hard with something that may be on the shallower side and/or not fresh to anyone.

Back
Top Bottom