Random Movie Talk XII: A Locker Full of Hurtin'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Coincidently, I watched the Days of Heaven BD last night and it was a beauty. It may well be the best BD I've ever seen.

Have you seen the Abraham Lincoln one as well?

I watched all the episodes they've done of the Funny or Die series so far, and most have had some highly entertaining shiznit.

I think I saw the first three a while back and then the one I posted. I cant remember if I saw the Lincoln one though. I'll have to go back and watch them all. It always makes me laugh how they lip sync to the drunken rambling. I also loved how upset the guy was that there were chunks of pineapple in his puke when he knows he chewed it

I'm gonna go see Clash of the Titans when it comes out too. Even if its just to see the new Kraken

Listening to Kubrick's producer/collaborator Jan Harlan spew out some Kubrick wisdom for the past few days has been pretty damn entertaining, as was seeing 2001 in a full film print and rewatching Strangelove, The Shining, and Eyes Wide Shut (!!!).

EYS is only 10 bucks on Blu, so I snatched that and Days of Heaven up real quick.

Nice, Basterd. Glad you've gotten to experience all that!

It's a shame that Waltz had to drop Cure, but as long as Viggo is in his spot, we're good.

A woman is the one doing the history telling, Will Ferrel is Lincoln, Don Cheadle is Frederick Douglass, and Zoey Deschanel (oh noez, Shouter!) as Mary Todd.

I think I saw part of that one, but didnt see Zooey :( I'll check it out

Still not sure if Eastern Promises needed a sequel, but I guess we'll see.

You might want to leave room.

eastern-promises.jpg

It's probably just an excuse for Viggo to immortalize his balls in yet another film. Streep : Oscar noms :: Viggo : crotch shots.

For once its a film that could be interestingly expanded upon, an unexpected pleasure and obviously not a cash grab given that EP didn't exactly smash box office records.

I do hope that Cronenberg and Tom Cruise will one day make The Matarese Circle.

Is that old biopic Gandhi with Ben Kingsley worth seeing? I have it on my DVR, but haven't decided if I want to see it, or if I feel like I just should see it.

Ehh...not a great film, standard biopic stuff but probably worth seeing just for Kingsley. He's that good. And it doesn't drag, despite the length.

I'm an hour and fifteen into it. So far, so good. I don't know much at all about him, so a standard biopic is still worth a little to me.

I'll probably only watch part of it tonight, though.

News on Scorsese's next film:

Shooting Hugo: Jerry Lewis

Between my basic knowledge of French and Google translator, I'm reading this to say that Jerry Lewis is going to play the part of some kind of mechanical man, and that Scorsese is going to use unreleased footage of him from the 70's and use some new technology to stick it in the film.

All I can say is...WOW. This film just got a whole lot cooler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom