Random Movie Talk thirteen (Nikki Reed was pretty hot)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
At least you recommended a good gelato place to me in DC, I'll be eternally grateful for that.

Would your Timberlake quip have been funnier if you'd have said "bye bye bye" after it instead of "bye bye"? I'm not sure....

just having fun

I liked the middle part a lot, Pitt and family,
but just like Sean Penn, I don't know why the hell he was in the movie.

The middle part is there because the main character is reflecting on his upbringing & his contentious relationship with his father, it's the frame story for the existential and introspective tone of the movie. Kids don't have that kind of thought process when they're going through something, it's only later that you try and parse something out of the experiences you've had. The film begins with Penn's character being reminded of his brother's death which gets him to look back in the first place.

anton corbijn's film: the american
not much plot, acting or dialogue
but love the cinematography and scenery

it felt like a 2 hour version of a depeche mode video, with george clooney as dave gahan :D

Crazy, I know, but I'm going to go to the first weekend of this:

Cinemark - Cinemark Oscar Marathon

I'd go both weekends, but I've already seen Django Unchained, and it would be cheaper for me to just see Zero Dark Thirty and Silver Linings Playbook on their own. Argo will be out on DVD by the 19th, so, well, it'll be the one out of 9 I didn't see in theaters. I can live with that.

This rubber movie, with the psychic tire name Robert rolling through the desert making stuff explode, might actually be the most pretentious thing I've ever seen.

I made it about 20 minutes in before I shut it off to watch this is England instead. I don't know how I haven't seen this before.

Alright folks, here's a visual update on the film I've been directing on and off for the last year.

These haven't been color-corrected yet.

ScreenShot2013-02-23at90327PM_zps034d2501.jpg

ScreenShot2013-02-23at91224PM_zps0c84ef2f.jpg

ScreenShot2013-02-23at90755PM_zps83c8b2cc.jpg

ScreenShot2013-02-23at91502PM_zps09036a3f.jpg

ScreenShot2013-02-23at90659PM_zpsb3017f01.jpg

ScreenShot2013-02-23at91609PM_zpsc787a95b.jpg

ScreenShot2013-02-23at91156PM_zps6a9faf01.jpg

ScreenShot2013-02-23at90557PM_zps7b5f86ab.jpg

:up:, I'm excited for you, thanks for the update.

Meanwhile, been doing last-minute Oscar binging. Not going to see every Oscar nominee for Best Picture, but I'll come close by tomorrow night.

Looking good laz, when it's all locked in would love to hear some thoughts on the production overall.

This is England FTW, but I couldn't make it past the first TV series.

On a music related note, I'm currently binging on whiskey, Stones and Dylan. Tomorrow may be a sick day.

I didn't see the tv series. The movie was on netflix, and I'd been meaning to watch it pretty much since it came out. Fucking awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom