Random Movie Talk Part X: The Spy Who Loved Me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Michael Mann's The Keep showed up on Watch Instantly out of nowhere and holy shit, is it a blast. Non-sensical, convoluted and a complete mess, but a noble failure if there ever was one.

I may just have to check that out to complete my viewing of his entire theatrical resume.

It's worth it. I'm downloading the Tangerine Dream score as I type.

I'd love to snag a copy of L.A. Takedown or The Jericho Mile at some point as well.

I'd be interested to see how something as derided as LA Takedown transformed into something as praised as Heat.

Supposedly there's to be a Tree of Life trailer in front of Black Swan in NY and LA this weekend. I don't suppose this could be enough to get Laz there opening day for a change?

I'm suddenly more excited about the Tree of Life trailer than Black Swan itself.

Exit Through the Gift Shop is excellent. Simple sentences are fun, too.

Lord of the Rings blows, as do most book adaptations that only exist to hit the beats to please the fans.

:crazy:

celine-and-julie-rivette.jpg

How long before we get a mash up of the audio being changed out with the Beaver saying,
“Threaten ya? I’ll put you in a f **ckin rose garden you c*nt! You understand that? Because I’m capable of it. You understand that?”

I'm a fan of Gibson's screen presence. Always have been. And his beaver-voice is kind of amazing. Movie looks kind of trash though.

I'm just happy to see Jodie Foster back honestly, Gibson's performance looks strong and he appears to be channeling Ray Winstone with the puppet :lol:.

I'm a fan of Gibson's screen presence. Always have been. And his beaver-voice is kind of amazing. Movie looks kind of trash though.

I'm with you on Gibson. It looks like your average, middling indie family drama.

I kind of hope it's just the way the trailer's cut, the screenplay was supposed to be really special, top of the black list a few years back.

A lot of Black List screenplays stumble onto the screen, some don't. Depends.

True, I just assume they didn't completely conventionalize it on it's way, we'll see :shrug:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom