Random Movie Talk Part Eleventy-1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't realize the individual Alien / Aliens movies were being released on Blu-Ray today. You can actually buy all 4 individually ($15 each this week) for less than the entire set. Tempted to just get the first two and call it good though.

I haz Mysteries of Lisbon.

The torrent is out, but not Blu. Considering it's two parts and each is only like 1.3 gigs we're not talking great quality, either.

I'm debating on whether or not if I should get it; god knows when it will come to theatres here, and if we'll even get the long version. I'd rather see the whole thing for the first time than the truncated version.

It's a reasonably small file, but I can attest to the quality of the version that's out there. Definitely better than more Ruiz rips out there, if not in HD just yet. I was hoping the blu rip would be out by the time the KG free-leech period started, but I won't have the bandwidth for it after this so I just grabbed the regular rip.

Ok, went to the official site, and apparently it's getting U.S. distribution now. Prob won't be in the major markets until Sept/Oct.

But there was also this, which I don't understand:

Mysteries of Lisbon by Raul Ruiz

I can't find anywhere that this is being sold.

Yeah, I haven't looked for the dvd being sold anywhere, but I think it might just be in France for the time being.

Didn't realize the individual Alien / Aliens movies were being released on Blu-Ray today. You can actually buy all 4 individually ($15 each this week) for less than the entire set. Tempted to just get the first two and call it good though.

I'd splurge for the whole set for the wealth of special features. Plus, I'm a bigger fan of Alien 3 than most.

Woody's new one sounds exactly like my kind of film by way of early Cannes reviews. Can't wait.

I have to admit the trailer for the film doesn't exactly make me giddy, but the reviews are so good, I'm going to have to check it out.

I'd splurge for the whole set for the wealth of special features. Plus, I'm a bigger fan of Alien 3 than most.

I don't hate 3 and Resurrection, but I just don't know if I like them enough to spend an extra $30 or $40 (depending on if I bought them individually or in the set). Similarly, knowing my watching habits, the likelihood that I'd ever actually make use of the 2 extra discs of bonus features on the box set is close 0. I rarely watch anything more than deleted scenes and such, and those are on the individual discs.

That all said, still mulling it all over as to what I will or won't buy. Need to do it this week while the sales are still going.

I don't hate 3 and Resurrection, but I just don't know if I like them enough to spend an extra $30 or $40 (depending on if I bought them individually or in the set). Similarly, knowing my watching habits, the likelihood that I'd ever actually make use of the 2 extra discs of bonus features on the box set is close 0. I rarely watch anything more than deleted scenes and such, and those are on the individual discs.

That all said, still mulling it all over as to what I will or won't buy. Need to do it this week while the sales are still going.

All fair points. I wonder what's on the individual discs? Commentaries?

All fair points. I wonder what's on the individual discs? Commentaries?

It's the same features that are on the individual discs in the set. Theatrical and directors cuts, audio commentaries, deleted scenes, isolated scores.

The slip covers for the individual discs are awesome:

100_2561.jpg

I knew when the trailer for Midnight In Paris came out they weren't showing very much of the movie, but I'm pleasantly surprised at just how much they kept under wraps, I'm also pumped that unlike most Cannes premieres, it's coming out right away. :hyper:

It's the same features that are on the individual discs in the set. Theatrical and directors cuts, audio commentaries, deleted scenes, isolated scores.

The slip covers for the individual discs are awesome:

100_2561.jpg

This changes things.

nutting.gif

Am I crazy or does that price seem a little expensive, esp. considering how much the Apocalypse BR went for? Granted it didn't have all that printed material but how much does that cost?

Also, RKO 281 isn't exactly something I'm stoked about owning.

The Disclosure Edition's list price is 60. It's going for 45 on Amazon.

This is more comparable to the Ultimate Edition of Casablanca that came out a few years back and is already out of print. Warners is prepping a 70th Anniversary set for 2012.

The Disclosure Edition's list price is 60. It's going for 45 on Amazon.

This is more comparable to the Ultimate Edition of Casablanca that came out a few years back and is already out of print. Warners is prepping a 70th Anniversary set for 2012.

The stand-alone Blu is $45. The collectors is going for $50.

I'm sure I'll still get it.

Star Wars I'm holding off on, because I'm not sure Amazon will have the best price there.

The stand-alone Blu is $45. The collectors is going for $50.

I'm sure I'll still get it.

Star Wars I'm holding off on, because I'm not sure Amazon will have the best price there.

Right. The $45 that I meant was for the current price of Apocalypse Now.

Man, if you find a better Star Wars price, more power to you. I think the price I paid for my preorder is a steal.

Agreed.

OK I need a little fill in the gap on Black Swan.
Piece of shit Redbox disc was scratched and couldn't get it to play from the point where she drags Mila Kunis' body into the bathroom and 6 minutes later when she's on stage for the final dance.
Obviuosly Mila was never really there, but what transpired?

She definitely exists as a member of the ensemble, but anytime she seeks out interaction with Portman, that's when she's a figment of her imagination.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom