Random Movie Talk Part Eleventy-1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have Queen's soundtrack to Flash Gordon. Loved that movie when I was a kid.

I have to admit, when the film cuts to a chained James Bond and Columbo, and Bond says after a pause....."tell me more about this Houdini" I laugh. Not that I've seen the movie in years (3 weeks ago).

Criterion announced that they will have a "flash sale" today. Not sure yet what they will offer.

I know that the emphasis is on the Blu releases and such, but it would be nice to see a DVD set like Mr. Arkadin, The Killers, The Lower Depths or Spartacus on sale. There's always July, but still.

I would sin against my avatar if I didn't mention that The Man With No Name trilogy Blu-ray set is Amazon's Deal of the Day today, $23.99.

That reminds me, I've had the Blu-ray of Days of Heaven rented for about 2 months from Netflix and haven't watched it yet....

How would you even find that out this early? Is there a website you can check, or are you phoning around?

The theater that shows independent and foreign films near here's website has a list of when new films arrive.

According to AMC

Tree of Life Synopsis:
In a mystical world of folklore, several individuals embrace in a race to find the Tree of Life, said to give immortality, fertility, and other supernatural powers.

Did I miss something?

Well, as expected, I can either drive to Chicago to see it, or plan a visit to see my cousin in Grand Rapids and kill two birds with one stone. Doesn't open there til July 1st though, but that's ok.

EDIT: Missed the note on the bottom about it going wide 7/8/11. I'm sure some theater around here will get it by then.

I can either go on June 3rd to my least favorite theater (man that's coming up a lot lately) or wait another week and go to one of my favorites, I'm really anxious being a fanboy and all, but I guess after so many years one week more isn't a big deal.

In the good news department, I just found out that the theater that the Attack the Block screening is at has Cave of Forgotten Dreams, actually in 3D, double feature time!! :hyper:

Well, we can trade thoughts, I've been waiting to see Meek's Cutoff for a long time as well, it seems like it's having the slowest roll out I can recall.

Tree of Life opens in Orlando the same weekend that I'm heading back. Psyched about that. If I could order tickets now, I would.

Meek's is playing at a smaller venue in town in June. I put it on the list of available films for the theater programming committee that I'm the head of... doubt that the committee would decide to book it.

That sale was anti-climatic...

They said that they'd offer a special sale for people on Monday for re-tweeting the info.

In the good news department, I just found out that the theater that the Attack the Block screening is at has Cave of Forgotten Dreams, actually in 3D, double feature time!! :hyper:

I saw those two in the same day, too.

He'll spend all night trying to pin that title on you, you know.

Judaism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom