Random Movie Talk IX: Insurrection? More Like Insur-SUCK-tion, Amirite???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice. I finished it a few days ago but am kind of stalling before starting S3. Sometimes baseball and/or life takes precedence.

Life...finds a way.

Until it doesn't.

jurassic-park-6-jeff-goldblum-dr-ian-malcolm.jpg

:sad:

I'm on the fence between Deadwood or The Wire being my next project after I finish catching up on Breaking Bad.

The Wire, man. Seriously.

Speaking of The Blum, he narrates a series on AMC called "Movies That Shook The World." Exquisite stuff.

I think it was pretty insensitive for him to be digitally inserted into the latest oh-so-meta Jennifer Aniston romp, but it only upset me a fraction of how much Jason Bateman voluntarily offering his services did.

I'm only two seasons into The Wire, and finished Deadwood, but for my money right now, the former hasn't even come close to the latter... for me... yet. It could easily get there though.

I think Season 2 of the Wire was the weakest. I remember being a big disappointed with it, but then Seasons 3 - 5 kick ass, and Season 2 actually becomes better, because it fits into the overall narrative more completely.

I said this recently in another thread, but Seasons 1 and 2 are my favorites. With Season 1 being probably in my top 5 or 10 seasons of any TV show ever. And the whole stevedores plot in Season 2 is so different from anything else in the show, and is so great. And the best and most affecting episode of the whole series, for my money, is in Season 3.

4 and 5, though still afuckingmazing, are my two least favorite seasons.

Can I just say again how much I love Beady Russell? She really is what makes Season 2 as good as it is for me.

I would eagerly wait for her appearances in later seasons, and her ultimatum scene just killed me.

Ditto on the Beady love. Season 2 is my least favorite of the bunch, but I did love her storyline. But, as GAF has said, all the seasons are strong, it's just human nature to rank them, etc.

What was so brilliant about that show is that you always had the story of the cops and drug dealers, but they way they then tied it back to politics, schools, newspapers, unions, whatever - amazing. And it never got convoluted or hard to follow. The dialogue was always natural. Just a brilliant show.

Anyone else diggin on Rubicon? I'm an episode behind, but I really am enjoying it. Though if someone asked me to explain what's going on, all I could say is, "Some dude got killed and they gave his job to this other guy...and there may be some weird shit going on as well, but I'm really not sure. OH and there's two cute chicks and a hot older lady."

I am loving Rubicon, but like I was saying to Lance the other day....I cannot say if it's really that good, or if the genre/mood/pace are really just tailor-made for me.

I get that feeling too NSW, but I have a feeling that as more clues are revealed it'll only get better. We need more episodes like this week, and less like last week's not-so-useful affair.

Is that the guy who has to cut off his own arm? :hyper:

Danny Boyle has done nothing to earn my spite, so I will wait before passing judgment (mostly), but that looks horrible

Yes it is, and everything (besides this oddball trailer) suggests the film is crafted in a unique style from Boyle, and carried by a powerhouse performance from Franco, so I'll definitely give it the benefit of the doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom