Random Movie Talk IX: Insurrection? More Like Insur-SUCK-tion, Amirite???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm been hearing a lot of Oscar buzz for our girl Natalie for this Black Swan picture.

God, that would be awesome if she won that shit.

Yeah, even moreso because she should have won for Closer. Though I love Blanchett so I wasn't too upset.

I wonder if Boner somehow rigged the voting.

True Grit and Black Swan both look killer, but I'm taking I'm following my gut (and my general tastes) on this one.

Speaking of True Grit, maybe we might finally see Deakins get his award this year?

Perhaps. Although if The Social Network does well, it could go to Cronenweth.

You just never know. Could be Pfister as well, another deserving winner (from what I've seen this year).

As good as Richardson's work on Shutter Island was, it would really hurt to see him get his third with Deakins having nothing.

All true, especially agreed re. Richardson and Shutter Island. However, personally, looking at some reviews/screencaps of the Inception blu-ray earlier I really just can't become a fan of Pfister's murky under-saturated photography. Aesthetically everything about his and Nolan's work just continues to rub me the wrong way.

In other news, Gore Verbinski is directing the Lone Ranger movie.

I really don't give a shit, it just gives me another opportunity to say how much of a fucking whore Johnny Depp is.

Pathetic.

I thought of you when I saw that headline. I knew it would warm the cockles (so to speak) of your heart.

White Material is on Comcast's On Demand service... maybe some other cable pay-services as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom