Random Movie Talk IX: Insurrection? More Like Insur-SUCK-tion, Amirite???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are they going to sit on this thing for a fucking year? They're certainly not likely to dump it in early spring.

It's not like this fall's field looks very crowded with frontrunners, so the delay is probably because Fox Searchlight already has a horse or two in the race.

Fucking awards season. What a horrible horrible thing the Oscars are.

Sighhhh. At least I should be seeing Uncle Boonmee, Enter the Void and Certified Copy this month. :rockon:

Are they going to sit on this thing for a fucking year? They're certainly not likely to dump it in early spring.

It's not like this fall's field looks very crowded with frontrunners, so the delay is probably because Fox Searchlight already has a horse or two in the race.

Black Swan and 127 Hours demand too much attention, I guess. Give it a qualifying run then release it wide in January. Newmarket's probably gonna do the same thing for The Way Back.

Fucking awards season. What a horrible horrible thing the Oscars are.

Sighhhh. At least I should be seeing Uncle Boonmee, Enter the Void and Certified Copy this month. :rockon:

Ohhhh good for you.

Very disappointed with yet another delay for Tree of Life. I guess the worst part now is that this is not caused by Malick working more on the film, but rather by Fox's own release schedule and awards season.

Apparently Fox Searchlight has True Grit and The Kids Are Alright as well as Black Swan, so they def have their hands full. But I guess the producers should have made a deal with a studio who could actually get the thing out this year.

FAIL on their part.

The pressure the awards season put on these studios if fucking idiotic. Just release the damn thing if it's finished. Even more ridiculous than Strand holding Boonmee in the states until Spring.

The notion of sitting on art because of marketplace concerns infuriates me as well. It really shouldn't be that hard to get award voters to remember shit from earlier in the year, especially with the available technology now.

Apparently Fox Searchlight has True Grit and The Kids Are Alright as well as Black Swan, so they def have their hands full. But I guess the producers should have made a deal with a studio who could actually get the thing out this year.

FAIL on their part.

Scratch that, Fox Searchlight has Conviction and Never Let Me Go as well as Black Swan.

But honestly, all three of those are female-driven projects, and the likely acting nominees for the Malick are going to be Pitt and/or Penn. Plus, the latter two are going to be more for a younger demographic. I don't think there's a whole lot of conflict to be honest.

I don't see much conflict either, and you're probably only looking at a cinematography nom for Malick if anything else.

I'm gonna live forever!

352g4yc.jpg

I'm about to watch the pilot episode of the new CW series Hellcats, which premiered last night to slightly disappointing ratings.

It's about a college cheerleading team in Memphis and stars Ashley Tisdale and Aly Michalka.

Yes.

I forget who made that Levi's ad, I think it was either John Hillcoat (The Proposition, The Road) or Andrew Dominik (The Assassination of Jesse James) who was Malick's assistant director on The New World.

I forget who made that Levi's ad, I think it was either John Hillcoat (The Proposition, The Road) or Andrew Dominik (The Assassination of Jesse James) who was Malick's assistant director on The New World.

Pretty sure it was Hillcoat.

As I've said before I've seen City of Pirates. And love it. Along with Time Regained. I'll get on Three Crowns asap though.

I don't remember you mentioning that.

Glad I'm not the only one in the country who's seen it.

Three Crowns is very similar to Pirates. You may like it a little more, you may like it a little less. But essentially the same style.

I took your guys' advice and ordered tickets for Mysteries of Lisbon at NYFF. Now I'm REALLY looking forward to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom