Ramones Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryMullen's POPAngel

Blue Crack Distributor
I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
Appreciate them. Now.

ramones_lpcoverfront.jpg

I recently read Hey Ho, Let's Go! The True Story of The Ramones by Everett True and it was very good. It was written by a fan, so obviously it was a bit fawning and gave too much credit to the band at times, but overall a great book about "da bruddas". It made me go back and listen to a lot of stuff I haven't in a while (I mean exclusively, not when it just comes up on the iPod or such)... I just love this band so much. It just sucks how all but one of the original members are no longer with us. :sad:

Last edited:
The Ramones is one band that I can really appreciate when I dust off that 30 song greatest hits cd I have and start playing it. But most times, they're not even in my mind. I guess it's because I'm not a big fan of punk and minimalistic 3 chord rock! :slant: Plus I believe the genre came out in defiance to classic/progressive rock such as Pink Floyd.. one of my favorite bands. So I've never been crazy about them. But I do like songs like I Wanna Be Sedated, Rockaway Beach, Sheena Is A Punk Rocker and Rock n Roll High School. My favorite is possibly I Wanna Live.. which puzzles a lot of people. :wink:

I definintely heart The Ramones. BUT, I do have to say I'm an oddball in that my favorite Ramones song is latter day. The best albums were undoubtedly the self-titled through Rocket to Russia, or maybe Too Tough to Die. But then there's "I Believe in Miracles"

I used to be on a endless run
Believe in miracles 'cause i'm one
I've been blessed with the power to survive
And after all these years i'm still alive
I'm outta here kickin' with the band
I'm no longer a solitary man
Every day my time runs out
Lived like a fool that what i was about oh,

I believe in miracles
I believe in a better world, for me and you
oooh, and I believe in miracles
I believe in a better world for me and you

Tatooed your name on my arm
I always said my girl is a good luck charm
If she can find a reason to forgive
Then i can find a reason to live
I used to be on a endless run
Believe in miracles 'cause i'm one
I've been blessed with the power to survive
And after all these years i'm still alive

Ohh I believe in miracles

I close my eyes and it think how
It might be
The future is here today
It's not too late
It's not too late no!

And I believe in a better world for me and you
And I believe in a better world for me and you

Nothing more to add here, but definitely a favourite of mine.

Now if there was something we could do about the kids who think "Ramones" is a clothing line (I kid you not, I've heard this more than once), the world would be a happier place. :wink:

bayernfc said:

Now if there was something we could do about the kids who think "Ramones" is a clothing line (I kid you not, I've heard this more than once), the world would be a happier place. :wink:

That's a damn shame. :|

Now I want to go buy End of the Century and watch some Ramones videos. :heart:

Pssst, Martha, your sig is adorable. :cute:

martha said:

And fewer still are old enough to have seen them. :D

I saw them twice and they rocked!! :rockon: 1,2,3,4 and off they went playing 90 minutes of music in half the time. Also did my first stage dive at a Ramones show. The greatest (and first) punk rock band.

Two things:

- If it weren't for the Ramones and their musical influence, the rock bands of today would be dirt.

-LarryMullens_PopAngel, I love your Avator!!!!!!!!!!!

bayernfc said:

you mean the morons who stop at hot topic, pick up a ramones shirt, and then wear it somewhere where they think it will get them noticed by a certain somebody? better be careful, there are people on this very site who would fit that description :shh:

i played "strength to endure" about an hour ago. yay college radio.

Amazing band..I don't know how they managed to keep their formula fresh for so long but they managed it somehow.

bayernfc said:

You can punch them in the face and call them ignorant.:mad:

How cool is the Ramones dvd Raw?? :rockon:

I would still like to get the boxed set with the comic book (don't know what the thing is called) some day...

Dutch Partygirl said:
How cool is the Ramones dvd Raw?? :rockon:

i have no idea, i still haven't watched it. it's been sitting on my shelf now for what, a year? bad fan!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom