Ramer, Tennessee Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I gotta jet, but before I leave can I just say that Peterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr's posts in that kinda recent thread of Our Pal Shaun's had me suppressing laughter in the classroom to an extent I'd never experienced before. Love that man!

Anyhow, later guys! Nice talking to you. :wave:

I gotta jet, but before I leave can I just say that Peterrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr's posts in that kinda recent thread of Our Pal Shaun's had me suppressing laughter in the classroom to an extent I'd never experienced before. Love that man!

Anyhow, later guys! Nice talking to you. :wave:

Have a good one, Bonnie! :wave:

Axver's doing mundane Uni work?! What has the world come to?! :huh:

Oh and in addition, I'm impatiently awaiting DQIV and my PT CDs/DVD. :drool:

Alas, the world has come to due dates!

I thought you were meant to have DG IV yesterday?

:ohmy:
I have no idea what the hell was up yesterday. My brother was drunk off his arse by the time I left and me, I was just fine! I was rather disappointed, actually. :lol:

Yes, we must have a drink-off. It would be lulz-worthy once one of us actually manages to get tipsy.

:laugh:

Let's totally set a time for a drink-off. I wouldn't miss it for the world! :lol:

Alas, the world has come to due dates!

I thought you were meant to have DG IV yesterday?
I was supposed to, but Hurricane Ike left so many places without power. No place that would carry video games was open yesterday, so I ordered it since they don't expect to have power for up to 10-14 days (the estimate changed. Fun. It was supposed to be Sunday.) and that's when I got the bright idea to order the PT CDs with it. I've got two packages out for delivery right now and I am excited!

:laugh:

Let's totally set a time for a drink-off. I wouldn't miss it for the world! :lol:
Well, I've still got a bunch of vodka, but I don't think I'll be drinking THAT bottle of it at least because it just didn't do anything to me! I wonder if it was the brand. It's a discontinued one. Really tasty stuff (flavoured vanilla. So what I had was diet coca-cola mixed with it.) but it just didn't do anything to me! We were watching the Simpsons last night (of all the irony, the U2 one was on.) and he was fucking smashed. :lmao:

Not really sure what to get. But I'm totally up for a drink-off one of these days!

I was supposed to, but Hurricane Ike left so many places without power. No place that would carry video games was open yesterday, so I ordered it since they don't expect to have power for up to 10-14 days (the estimate changed. Fun. It was supposed to be Sunday.) and that's when I got the bright idea to order the PT CDs with it. I've got two packages out for delivery right now and I am excited!

Wow, what a pain in the arse. But you at least have power at home?

Well, I've still got a bunch of vodka, but I don't think I'll be drinking THAT bottle of it at least because it just didn't do anything to me! I wonder if it was the brand. It's a discontinued one. Really tasty stuff (flavoured vanilla. So what I had was diet coca-cola mixed with it.) but it just didn't do anything to me! We were watching the Simpsons last night (of all the irony, the U2 one was on.) and he was fucking smashed. :lmao:

Not really sure what to get. But I'm totally up for a drink-off one of these days!

Ahh, right. I reckon you should go for absinthe or something similarly highly alcoholic. :wink:

I want to drink and drunkpost! Pity I don't have a day off fo ra long time.

Wow, what a pain in the arse. But you at least have power at home?
Yes, we do. It tried to go out a few times on Sunday. The carry-out cross the street was packed because of people swarming for ice (to keep their food cold.) and there was none left when my brother and I went for the vodka! I am fairly surprised that we still have power, to be honest. The area of town I live in is usually the first to get knocked out during strong storms like that. I really wish I had a camera to take pictures of all the damage it caused. My sister took us out yesterday afternoon and there were shingles missing off roofs, downed trees and all. :ohmy:

Ahh, right. I reckon you should go for absinthe or something similarly highly alcoholic. :wink:
Well, you can't really get absinthe here, so I'm thinking I may go with some rum. Or something around that percentage. (I believe the last bottle I had of it was around 35%.)

I want to drink and drunkpost! Pity I don't have a day off fo ra long time.

Pull a sickie. :wink:

I had a beer with a couple of people from my tute this evening. That was good fun. It wasn't the best beer and it obviously did nothing to affect my sobriety, but wow, I actually hung out with people from uni for a change.

Pull a sickie. :wink:

I had a beer with a couple of people from my tute this evening. That was good fun. It wasn't the best beer and it obviously did nothing to affect my sobriety, but wow, I actually hung out with people from uni for a change.
What I should do is somehow get my mum and my bro out of the house, down two shots of Irish whiskey and lose typing ability altogether. That would be fun.

Is it bad that I totally missed the lulz of that rap and found it totally nerdtastic?

Yes, we do. It tried to go out a few times on Sunday. The carry-out cross the street was packed because of people swarming for ice (to keep their food cold.) and there was none left when my brother and I went for the vodka! I am fairly surprised that we still have power, to be honest. The area of town I live in is usually the first to get knocked out during strong storms like that. I really wish I had a camera to take pictures of all the damage it caused. My sister took us out yesterday afternoon and there were shingles missing off roofs, downed trees and all. :ohmy:

Well, you can't really get absinthe here, so I'm thinking I may go with some rum. Or something around that percentage. (I believe the last bottle I had of it was around 35%.)

:yikes: I can't believe you guys got hit so badly so bloody far inland! At least you have electricity, so you can keep postwhoring it up. :laugh:

Get the most alcoholic drink you can and see what happens. :wink:

What I should do is somehow get my mum and my bro out of the house, down two shots of Irish whiskey and lose typing ability altogether. That would be fun.

You must do this.

In fact, why not down the whole bottle? :wink:

Is it bad that I totally missed the lulz of that rap and found it totally nerdtastic?

Is it bad that my favourite rap song is Weird Al's White And Nerdy and I can totally relate to it?

You must do this.

In fact, why not down the whole bottle? :wink:

Is it bad that my favourite rap song is Weird Al's White And Nerdy and I can totally relate to it?
:lol: I shall try to do that.

well, the thing is, I didn't get why it's funny. I was too fascinated by what she was saying about particle physics.

:nerd: Nerdy Nerd McNerd. That's me.

:yikes: I can't believe you guys got hit so badly so bloody far inland! At least you have electricity, so you can keep postwhoring it up. :laugh:

Get the most alcoholic drink you can and see what happens. :wink:

We didn't get any rain or anything except a sprinkle or two, and it didn't even really go overtop of us as far as I know, but the winds still hit us. I was sitting on my bed (which is up against the wall on the outside end of the house.) when it first started, then of all a sudden, I started to feel the bed almost like, moving. So I think, " No big deal, Shadow went under there." Then it started happening again and I looked out the window to see stuff flying around, street lights looking like they were about to fly off the wires, shingles flying off the roof on the bar across the street and the house next to us and all, man. I went outside to go catch Crista's swimming pool because it almost went over the fence in the backyard and I kept getting pushed back by the wind. I thought it was going to pick me up. I went for the door and the front door got slammed shut so hard it got jammed. It was NUTS. I'd never seen anything like that in a very, very long time. Not quite that intense.

:hmm: What do you plan on getting? It'd be only fair if we all had stuff around the same alcohol content. :wink:

:lol: I shall try to do that.

well, the thing is, I didn't get why it's funny. I was too fascinated by what she was saying about particle physics.

:nerd: Nerdy Nerd McNerd. That's me.

I imagine you'll pass out before you get halfway through the bottle. :wink:

Oh, yeah, I found the lyrical content more funny from the perspective of "haha, a rap about particle physics?!" The video, however? Hilarious.

Which brings me back to White And Nerdy - the thing about memorisng Pi at one point in that song? That's not funny. That's what I FUCKIN' DO.

I imagine you'll pass out before you get halfway through the bottle. :wink:

Oh, yeah, I found the lyrical content more funny from the perspective of "haha, a rap about particle physics?!" The video, however? Hilarious.

Which brings me back to White And Nerdy - the thing about memorisng Pi at one point in that song? That's not funny. That's what I FUCKIN' DO.
Wow. To how many places do you have it memorised? I have it to like, five. 3.14159

Wow. To how many places do you have it memorised? I have it to like, five. 3.14159

354 is my record, which I set back on Pi Day in 2005. Nowadays, I think I could only get half as far. I haven't tried to do it in ages. One day I may go for the 500, though.

We didn't get any rain or anything except a sprinkle or two, and it didn't even really go overtop of us as far as I know, but the winds still hit us. I was sitting on my bed (which is up against the wall on the outside end of the house.) when it first started, then of all a sudden, I started to feel the bed almost like, moving. So I think, " No big deal, Shadow went under there." Then it started happening again and I looked out the window to see stuff flying around, street lights looking like they were about to fly off the wires, shingles flying off the roof on the bar across the street and the house next to us and all, man. I went outside to go catch Crista's swimming pool because it almost went over the fence in the backyard and I kept getting pushed back by the wind. I thought it was going to pick me up. I went for the door and the front door got slammed shut so hard it got jammed. It was NUTS. I'd never seen anything like that in a very, very long time. Not quite that intense.

:hmm: What do you plan on getting? It'd be only fair if we all had stuff around the same alcohol content. :wink:

I'm familiar with what you mean. I've felt decent wind in Australia only twice in my time here - once when Melbourne was hit by a windstorm in April this year (didn't affect my area much, but my photography of the debris is here, if your Internet co-operates) and once back when I lived on the Gold Coast and a cyclone struck. Our power went out in the middle of it due to a fault on our property, so we went outside to the electrical box to fix it, and holy god, the winds were nuts. Kind of like Wellington on an especially windy day ...

Oh no, I'll be the sober one adjudicating the drink-off. :wink:

I'm familiar with what you mean. I've felt decent wind in Australia only twice in my time here - once when Melbourne was hit by a windstorm in April this year (didn't affect my area much, but my photography of the debris is here, if your Internet co-operates) and once back when I lived on the Gold Coast and a cyclone struck. Our power went out in the middle of it due to a fault on our property, so we went outside to the electrical box to fix it, and holy god, the winds were nuts. Kind of like Wellington on an especially windy day ...

Oh no, I'll be the sober one adjudicating the drink-off. :wink:
Ah, yes, I am familiar with those photos. That's one of the places I was looking when I was trying to find the pic to that very first icon I made for you. (Melbourne Twilight.)
Where I live doesn't really get tornadoes, but there's a town not too far from us that gets hit by them all the time. It's not impossible for one to form here I've seen many funnel clouds in my day! And ones that HAVE tried to touch down up close in person. Scary shit.

Oh no, you were wanting to have a drink-off with me. You're participating. :tsk:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom