*rages at crappy radio music*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

unforgettableFOXfire

I serve MacPhisto
Yep, the title says it all. Im sick and tired of a lot of the crap on the radio. Thus, Ive popped in sgt peppers lonely hearts club band after an overly overly long haitus... Great CD... I normally like hard rock, but this is so refreshing from the hollow messageless/storyless crap thats on the radio, same chords, same words, same hollow reflection of society's values... Im afraid Im starting to think the beatles and that era was the epitomy of our civilization before it all went to shit. Well... Thats all for now... Feel free to ignore this, I just felt like posting my thoughts at the moment.

Im fixin a hole where the rain gets in, to stop my mind from wanderin, where it will goooooo.... la la la... *wanders off*

daisybean said:
I rarely listen to the radio anymore. The only time I do is when I'm close to the city and can get in one of the college stations that actually plays good music.

Me too, daisy! I love college stations. There is one college station near me that plays a lot of U2 songs that most people wouldn't be familiar with. (i.e. Out of Control, Zoo Station, In God's Country, Seconds) It seems that everytime I tune into that station, sooner or later I hear a U2 song.

Right on.

I gave up on radio when Matchbox20 and the Backstreet Boys became popular.

NPR has been my driving companion ever since. :)

Sicy said:
If I hear "Blurry" ONE MORE FRIGGIN TIME!!!

:scream:

* rips hair out

:|

LFMAO

I had to sit thru Muddle of Pudd a month ago at a festival concerts. Some of their fans are total nitwits.

I can't even count the times a crowd surfer was thrown ontop of me by someone lifting them up.

I work in college radio, so I get to hear all the good stuff before the CD stores and the other stations do.

Seriously! And I don't have to play Puddle of Mudd or anything else I don't like. My show is REALLY eclectic. On an average day, you could hear NIN followed by X-Ray Spex followed by DJ Shadow followed by The Roots.

So I don't have a problem with a lack of creative new music. I get tons of it every day! :)

cosmicgirl said:
I work in college radio, so I get to hear all the good stuff before the CD stores and the other stations do.

Seriously! And I don't have to play Puddle of Mudd or anything else I don't like. My show is REALLY eclectic. On an average day, you could hear NIN followed by X-Ray Spex followed by DJ Shadow followed by The Roots.

So I don't have a problem with a lack of creative new music. I get tons of it every day! :)

Keep up the variety! We could use more like you out there manning the spinner. :D

Welcome to Interference, btw.

wooohoo for radio k! that's the station at the u of m.

if i can't get that in i listen to drive 105....but i miss zone :( i know other interferencers who do too...AND if i'm gonna reminics (there's a c in that, but i dunno quite where, so i joost added it in) any twin citians remember rev 105? *sigh* them were the good ol' days...

Back
Top Bottom