Rage Against the Machine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pub crawler

New Yorker
So word is Chris Cornell is now officially Rage's lead vocalist. I am a fan of Cornell, but I haven't heard him sing with Rage. I look forward to the release of their first album in Feb. Has anyone heard Cornell sing with Rage?

*grabs Pub for a reeeeeeally long cuddle!*

biggrin.gif

Soundgarden was an Ok-band but to be honest I never really liked RATM. De la Rocha was just screaming things into the mic which no one could really understand IMHO (at least I didn?t)

------------------
beLIEve

Not a big Rage fan but like Chris Cornell.

------------------
~ME THREE

Don't get sentimental
It always ends up drivel

Loved Soundgarden but I was a little disappointed by Chris' solo album. I didn't think there were any songs on there as good as that track called "Sunshower" that he did for the 'Great Expectations' soundtrack.

I also loved RATM, so I'm really looking forward to this new collaboration. Am I the only one who thought that 'Renegades' was their best album?

ahhhhh!!! I love Chris Cornell... have always been a Rage fan too... I cant wait to hear this!

------------------
God has got his phone off the hook, babe...Would he even pick up if he could?

Does Cornell share Rage's politics??? And what happened to ol' ZACK???
Besides Zacky-boy never did "sing"! He just rapped and screamed bloody murder!

"Wake uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup! Wake uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup!", comes to mind... Man I love Rage's energy, yet NOT their politics.

AND when does Sammy Hagar get a shot at it!???

I have one thing to say to Rage:
"Game over, mannnnnn... Game overrrrr"

I used to like Rage a lot. but I don't know if I can handle Chris Cornell as the singer now. I hadn't heard that at all.

------------------
Taste is the enemy of art.

I loved Chris Cornell.
I love Rage Against the Machine.
I really doubt that the two can work together. I'm reminded of the time Navarro joined the Chili Peppers. It seemed like a marriage made in Heavan at the time but it just didn't work musically.

MAP

Originally posted by Matthew_Page2000:

I really doubt that the two can work together. I'm reminded of the time Navarro joined the Chili Peppers. It seemed like a marriage made in Heavan at the time but it just didn't work musically.

Interesting. I'll admit, there's a part of me thinking Rage + Cornell = badass wonderful music, but sure, this marriage could turn out to be quite unspectacular.

And Trash Can, I agree with you in that I always felt Rage's energy was the biggest thing they had going for them.

In any case, it'll be interesting to hear some new tracks in the very near future.

Back
Top Bottom