"radiohead's next album" countdown and anticipation thread - part ii

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LemonMelon said:

OK then...

_JEF014193.jpg

Which hand is LP7 in? Huh? Not so shrewd, are you now? :wink:

:tsk: That's a trick question... It's clearly in the basket on the bike behind the kid...

FitzChivalry said:
So this doesn't have to do with the new album, but the "All Things Radiohead Discussion" thread is closed and I don't want to start ANOTHER Radiohead thread, but . . . .

I'm currently obssessed with Bloc Party. and I've been reading reviews on their 2nd album "A Weekend In The City", and a few reviews describe it as having that U2/Radiohead sound.

So my question: How did U2's sound get all mixed up with Radiohead's sound?

First off, I don't think either band has one particular "sound". I mean "War" U2 sounds nothing like "Joshua Tree" U2 which sounds nothing like "Zooropa" U2.

The last song on Bloc Party's AWITTC is called "SRXT" and kind of has a feel like "The Tourist" or "Lucky", but then I don't see where the U2 comparison comes in because I don't think U2 really have a song that sounds like either of those. Just like Radiohead don't really have a "Sunday Bloody Sunday" song. And as far as The Bends is concerned, I don't think U2 have a sound like "Planet Telex", "My Iron Lung" or "Street Spirit (Fade Out)". Maybe, maybe you could make a case for "Black Star" and "Sulk", but I don't know.

Could someone please explain to me how U2 and Radiohead have been deemed to have the same sound, which apparently Bloc Party. now have as well?

:hmm:

:wink:

FitzChivalry said:

Could someone please explain to me how U2 and Radiohead have been deemed to have the same sound, which apparently Bloc Party. now have as well?

i played paranoid android for my father recently. he said the style was quite similar to u2's.

also, he said that what the two bands had in common was that you really had to sit down and listen carefully to the music, otherwise you will think that it's nothing but a wall of noise.

:shrug:

Alright, it's time for me to move on from OK Computer. Where to next?

annie_vox said:
A friend got me the glastonbury DVD on the internet. I haven't seen it yet, but from what I saw on youtubr it seems to be amazing...

One of their best gigs...:drool:

and the best glastonbury performance ever!!

if there's an option, i'll take mp3..at as good a quality as you'd like :D

FitzChivalry said:

So how would one go about getting ahold of said Glastonbury DVD??? :eyebrow:

:hmm:

No, seriously. Can I buy it? Or would I have to get if from a "source"?

you could search on ebay

or download it from a torrent ...:hmm:

FitzChivalry said:

Do you know the exact date of the show, or what tour it was?

it was during the Hail to the thief tour

Glastonbury Festival
June 28, 2003

it was Radiohead's second time headlining the concert..after their disastrous 1997 performance..

some great performances.....:drool:

especially what I think its the best live version of "There There"

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tfa5RTPywWQ

:drool:

xaviMF22 said:

Thanks, dude! I'm at work today into tomorrow, so I won't be able to download until tomorrow...one of the reasons I hate being on-call! But I'll post after my first listen :hyper:

LemonMelon said:
Wow, Utoo is about to be introduced to some awesome Radiohead. Bends can melt faces. :drool:

I know...I don't know what took me so long to dive into Radiohead. I didn't get OK Computer until this Christmas.

i wish i were in utoo's shoes right now. about to dive into one of the most magnificient bags of diamonds in the history of music.

imagine listening to okc, the bends, kid a for the first time again? :heart:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom