Radiohead - Yea, I'm really behind the times, I know

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2Fanatic4ever said:
:mad: hey now.. its not that bad of a song.. At least I think so.. and with them working the new album right now who knows how that song will evolve.

I like FMW too. :wink: :drool:

U2Fanatic4ever said:

as long as you didn't say "spooks" making it to the next album.. :lol: ugh..

to each their own... :wink: I think 4 min warning will make it/or maybe as a b-side possibly.

yea hopefully it will make it as a B-Side:wink:

I just got ahold of some Amnesiac and HttT b-sides:

The Amazing Sounds of Orgy
Kinetic
Where Bluebirds Fly
Paperbag Writer
I Am Citizen Insane

and in some crazy way, I love them.

The Amnesiac b-sides should have made the album, atleast over Hunting Bears :barf:

LemonMacPhisto said:
I just got ahold of some Amnesiac and HttT b-sides:

The Amazing Sounds of Orgy
Kinetic
Where Bluebirds Fly
Paperbag Writer
I Am Citizen Insane

and in some crazy way, I love them.

The Amnesiac b-sides should have made the album, atleast over Hunting Bears :barf:

you forgot fog:drool: :drool:

I'm Ready said:

you forgot fog:drool: :drool:

I had heard Fog before, so that's why I didn't list it.

:drool:

Worrywort is so fucking amazing. Play it before Idioteque, it transitions beautifully.

namkcuR said:
If you're really getting into Radiohead, you're going to want all of the non-album tracks(b-sides and ep tracks)...I have them all(except for any LP7 stuff, I don't have any of that) from 1992 to 2005. I'm speaking only of studio tracks - no live tracks, no remixes, just non-album studio tracks. By my count, I have 42 of them, and that's every single one that I know of. It's not easy to find the singles and eps to buy, and I know how long it took me to find these all on the internet, so, if you want, post your e-mail and I'll send you a link to a zip file with all of them in it.

Here's a list of all of the non-album tracks I have and the releases on which they first appeared:

DRILL EP 1992
Stupid Car

ANYONE CAN PLAY GUITAR - SINGLE 1993
Coke Babies

CREEP - SINGLE 1993
Yes I Am
Inside My Head
Million Dollar Question

POP IS DEAD - STANDALONE SINGLE 1993
Pop Is Dead

ITCH EP 1994
Faithless, The Wonderboy
Banana Co.

MY IRON LUNG EP 1994
The Trickster
Lewis(Mistreated)
Punchdrunk Lovesick Singalong
Permanent Daylight
Lozenge Of Love
You Never Wash Up After Yourself

FAKE PLASTIC TREES - SINGLE 1995
India Rubber
How Can You Be Sure

HIGH AND DRY - SINGLE 1995
Maquiladora
Killer Cars

STREET SPIRIT(FADE OUT) - SINGLE 1996
Bishop's Robes
Talk Show Host
Molasses

KARMA POLICE - SINGLE 1997
Lull

AIRBAG/HOW AM I DRIVING? EP 1998
Melatonin
A Reminder
Pearly
Polyethylene(Parts 1&2)
Palo Alto
Meeting In THe Aisle

NO SURPRISES - SINGLE 1998
How I Made My Millions

I MIGHT BE WRONG LIVE RECORDINGS 2001
True Love Waits(there is no studio recording of this song, and this is the only officially released version of it)

KNIVES OUT - SINGLE 2001
Cuttooth
Worrywort
Fog

PYRAMID SONG - SINGLE 2001
Fast Track
The Amazing Sounds Of Orgy
Trans-Atlantic Drawl
Kinetic

COM LAG EP 2004
Paperbag Writer
I Am A Wicked Child
I Am Citizin Insane
Gagging Order
Where Bluebirds Fly

Thank you...would love to hear these.

decdan@yahoo.com

I saw Radiohead for the first time at Greek Theatre this summer and was blown away. I'm really looking forward to hearing their new album.

I didn't want to start a new thread, so I figure I'd go with this one. Hopefully Xavi or U2FantaticForever can help me with my question.

I just read something that said Radiohead are in the studio recording (which I already knew) with Nigel Godrich (which I didn't know!)???

I thought they weren't going to work with Nigel on this one? I thought that they both agreed that for Radiohead head to move forward and not become staid or static, that it was in everyone's best interest if Radiohead worked with a new producer for this new album?

What happened to that? When did it change?

FitzChivalry said:
I didn't want to start a new thread, so I figure I'd go with this one. Hopefully Xavi or U2FantaticForever can help me with my question.

I just read something that said Radiohead are in the studio recording (which I already knew) with Nigel Godrich (which I didn't know!)???

I thought they weren't going to work with Nigel on this one? I thought that they both agreed that for Radiohead head to move forward and not become staid or static, that it was in everyone's best interest if Radiohead worked with a new producer for this new album?

What happened to that? When did it change?

Well apparently the sessions they did with Spike Stent weren't all that great....Thom really wants Nigel to produce the next LP. The man loves Nigel

However the rest of the band wanted a new producer....they felt they were to "comfortable" working with Nigel and wouldn't progress

anyway yes they are recording with Nigel and I am damn happy about it:wink:

Last edited:
xaviMF22 said:

Well apparently the sessions they did with Spike Stent weren't all that great....Thom really wants Nigel to produce the next LP. The man loves Nigel

However the rest of the band wanted a new producer....they felt they were to "comfortable" working with Nigel and wouldn't progress

anyway yes they are recording with Nigel and I am damn happy about it:wink:

yep! :yes: Exactly what Xavi said is what I heard and read too. I am sure this album will be frickin amazing.. I mean look at the new songs they did live this past tour.. I love em all! And if they rework them it will only be better..

Look out for a mind blowing album and new tour.. woohoo!! Hopefully the tour will be in 2007. :wink:

xaviMF22 said:

Thom really wants Nigel to produce the next LP. The man loves Nigel. However the rest of the band wanted a new producer....they felt they were to "comfortable" working with Nigel and wouldn't progress.

That's really funny seeing as how Thom would be outvoted 4-1 in favor of a new producer.

I don't really know much about producers and their influence on the music. I think if the craft and songwriting is there, it's there. And if it's not there, then it's noticeable.

All the greatest production in the world can't save an album full of sub-par songs. And vice versa. Great songs will be great, no matter the production.

I don't know. Ok Computer, Kid A, Amnesiac . . . they were all very special. I don't think Hail to the Thief was really up to par, and I don't know if that's because of the songs or being "too comfortable" with Nigel or if being "too comfortable" with Nigel was just the excuse for the sub-par songs. Ok, now I'm dizzy! hehehehehe

Hopefully, they'll all pull it out of the bag this next time. Sounds good so far.

I'm Ready said:
wow never seen a guy who likes httt more than ok computer

I prefer HTTT to OK Computer. In fact I'll go one further and put it in their top three - along with the Bends and Amnesiac.
What drew me in to HTTT were the Bridge School acoustic performances of Sail to the Moon and There There. After hearing those, I went back and listened to the studio versions again, and that served as sort of a back door into the album.
The only limitation I see to HTTT - and this is not really a limitation, but a caveat - is that is a work of profound darkness. Not darkness with cracks of light coming through, like Achtung Baby, but a hopeless and permanent dimness. Thom's lines describe well the experience of listening to the album:
In pitch dark I go walking in your landscape...

All you ever really need is Gagging Order. Whenever I start listening to Radiohead stuff I always end up listening to that song on repeat. :)

Back
Top Bottom