Radiohead - Yea, I'm really behind the times, I know

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
clifedge said:
This is good to hear U2Fan101! I just got on the "Radiohead train" about 9-10 months ago, and luckily that was in time for their theater tour. I saw them in Philly, and let me tell you: you've got to see them live.

:drool: OMFG YES!! YOU HAVE TO SEE THEM LIVE!!! :rockon: I was at the Philly 2 show what an amazing venue! Great sound....except it was on big sweat box in there ugh...and it was raining cats and dogs that night so when we got out it was coming down so hard but it felt good after dancing my ass off and sweating like a pig.. I tell ya not a bad seat in that place.. and the security was so lax that I got to move up from about the 25th row up to the 5th row on the floor..and no one cared, lots of people in the isles just dancing.:dancing:

namkcuR said:
If you're really getting into Radiohead, you're going to want all of the non-album tracks(b-sides and ep tracks)...I have them all(except for any LP7 stuff, I don't have any of that) from 1992 to 2005. I'm speaking only of studio tracks - no live tracks, no remixes, just non-album studio tracks. By my count, I have 42 of them, and that's every single one that I know of. It's not easy to find the singles and eps to buy, and I know how long it took me to find these all on the internet, so, if you want, post your e-mail and I'll send you a link to a zip file with all of them in it.

Here's a list of all of the non-album tracks I have and the releases on which they first appeared:

DRILL EP 1992
Stupid Car

ANYONE CAN PLAY GUITAR - SINGLE 1993
Coke Babies

CREEP - SINGLE 1993
Yes I Am
Inside My Head
Million Dollar Question

POP IS DEAD - STANDALONE SINGLE 1993
Pop Is Dead

ITCH EP 1994
Faithless, The Wonderboy
Banana Co.

MY IRON LUNG EP 1994
The Trickster
Lewis(Mistreated)
Punchdrunk Lovesick Singalong
Permanent Daylight
Lozenge Of Love
You Never Wash Up After Yourself

FAKE PLASTIC TREES - SINGLE 1995
India Rubber
How Can You Be Sure

HIGH AND DRY - SINGLE 1995
Maquiladora
Killer Cars

STREET SPIRIT(FADE OUT) - SINGLE 1996
Bishop's Robes
Talk Show Host
Molasses

KARMA POLICE - SINGLE 1997
Lull

AIRBAG/HOW AM I DRIVING? EP 1998
Melatonin
A Reminder
Pearly
Polyethylene(Parts 1&2)
Palo Alto
Meeting In THe Aisle

NO SURPRISES - SINGLE 1998
How I Made My Millions

I MIGHT BE WRONG LIVE RECORDINGS 2001
True Love Waits(there is no studio recording of this song, and this is the only officially released version of it)

KNIVES OUT - SINGLE 2001
Cuttooth
Worrywort
Fog

PYRAMID SONG - SINGLE 2001
Fast Track
The Amazing Sounds Of Orgy
Trans-Atlantic Drawl
Kinetic

COM LAG EP 2004
Paperbag Writer
I Am A Wicked Child
I Am Citizin Insane
Gagging Order
Where Bluebirds Fly

circa1992@aol.com

Palo Alto, Lull, Cuttooth, Fog and Kinetic are masterpiece b-sides......

The Bends bores me from time to time....so much so, that I have no yearning to listen to Pablo Honey.

Thom Yorke's new solo album is worth checking out too. Flows really nicely as an album, and is more coherent (IMO) than HTTT.

I have a similar situation, as my friend tried to get me into Radiohead a while back, but I didn't really start appreciating them until recently. My two favorite albums are The Bends and OK Computer, as these two albums are pretty much the best thing since music was invented.

does anyone have a good version of man 'o' war (big boots) that they could give me?

all I've heard is the meeting people is easy version and I'd really love a recording

if anyone has any of the on a friday demos that would be great also

thanks

namkcuR said:
If you're really getting into Radiohead, you're going to want all of the non-album tracks(b-sides and ep tracks)...

Fog

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :combust:

My ABSOLUTE favorite B-side and one of my favorite Radiohead songs ever!

namkcuR said:
Gagging Order
:drool: :drool: "Gagging Order" = soooooo good!

Welcome to Radioheadland U2Fan101! It's a great ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As another recent convert to Radiohead (the last 11 months), I thought it was extremely interesting to read your ranking of their albums, and your thoughts on the band in general. If I had to rank them myself (bearing in mind I don't have Pablo Honey), I'd have to go for this:

1. Kid A
One of the greatest albums ever made. Absolutely perfect from start to finish, with Everything in its right place and National Anthem clear standouts, Optimistic being a close third.

2. Hail To The Thief
It really intrigues me coming to any bank retrospectively how you can hear albums without the hype surrounding their release, and really listen to them completely objectively. This album is brilliant. Perhaps a wee bit too long, but quite simply an excellent album. There There is possibly my favourite Radiohead track, and Myxomatosis, Sit Down Stand Up, and Drunken Punchup... are superb too.

3. OK Computer
I'd have to agree with the original poster's 'B' rating. It's a really good album, but doesn't quite elevate itself in my mind to being a 'great' album. Karma Police, Airbag, Lucky, and Paranoid Android are, obviously, all superb, but some of the songs (Electioneering particularly) let it down a bit.

4. The Bends
The first Radiohead album I bought and again a really strong album if, again, not quite 'great'. Grows on you I think the longer you listen. My problem with it is perhaps that it dips a bit in the middle (after Fake Plastic Trees), before coming up trumps with the fantastic Black Star leading to Street Spirit.

5. Amnesiac
THe funny thing about this album is that, although it's really good and contains two of Radiohead's best songs (Pyramid Song and Crushd....), as well as the wonderful 'Hunting Bears', it lacks something, possibly coherence, to push it to that different level. It really does show, however, that the sessions for Kid A really were a creative high for the band.

On a further note, what really stands out for me are some of the new tracks played on the current tour, particularly Videotape - stick that in your beach clips and smoke it! Great band though and I really wish too that I'd jumped on the bandwagon earlier, but then, of course, I'd have missed out on going back through their stuff one by one (albeit haphazardly!)

Can't wait to see them in Marlay Park in Dublin on Thursday! :drool:

PookaMacP said:
As another recent convert to Radiohead (the last 11 months), I thought it was extremely interesting to read your ranking of their albums, and your thoughts on the band in general. If I had to rank them myself (bearing in mind I don't have Pablo Honey), I'd have to go for this:

1. Kid A
One of the greatest albums ever made. Absolutely perfect from start to finish, with Everything in its right place and National Anthem clear standouts, Optimistic being a close third.

2. Hail To The Thief
It really intrigues me coming to any bank retrospectively how you can hear albums without the hype surrounding their release, and really listen to them completely objectively. This album is brilliant. Perhaps a wee bit too long, but quite simply an excellent album. There There is possibly my favourite Radiohead track, and Myxomatosis, Sit Down Stand Up, and Drunken Punchup... are superb too.

3. OK Computer
I'd have to agree with the original poster's 'B' rating. It's a really good album, but doesn't quite elevate itself in my mind to being a 'great' album. Karma Police, Airbag, Lucky, and Paranoid Android are, obviously, all superb, but some of the songs (Electioneering particularly) let it down a bit.

4. The Bends
The first Radiohead album I bought and again a really strong album if, again, not quite 'great'. Grows on you I think the longer you listen. My problem with it is perhaps that it dips a bit in the middle (after Fake Plastic Trees), before coming up trumps with the fantastic Black Star leading to Street Spirit.

5. Amnesiac
THe funny thing about this album is that, although it's really good and contains two of Radiohead's best songs (Pyramid Song and Crushd....), as well as the wonderful 'Hunting Bears', it lacks something, possibly coherence, to push it to that different level. It really does show, however, that the sessions for Kid A really were a creative high for the band.

On a further note, what really stands out for me are some of the new tracks played on the current tour, particularly Videotape - stick that in your beach clips and smoke it! Great band though and I really wish too that I'd jumped on the bandwagon earlier, but then, of course, I'd have missed out on going back through their stuff one by one (albeit haphazardly!)

Can't wait to see them in Marlay Park in Dublin on Thursday! :drool:

*green with Envy*..... wishing I could go to that show.. You will have to come back in here and tell us how it was...with details too!...:wink:

U2Fanatic4ever said:

*green with Envy*..... wishing I could go to that show.. You will have to come back in here and tell us how it was...with details too!...:wink:

It was superb! The new songs were all excellent, particularly Videotape and All I Need. People around us at the start were annoyingly chatting away through any song not from OK Computer or The Bends, but when we moved up things got better. Got to hear some of the classics played fantastically well, and the Hail To The Thief tracks really stood out too live. Highlights for me were certainly the 5 Kid A tracks they played, particularly Idioteque, which was incredible. There There, 2 + 2 = 5, Paranoid Android, Pyramid Song were all excellent, but of the older stuff it was really Lucky that stood out for me. Great sound from the guitar and wonderful to hear all those voices singing back at them.

Oh, and Beck was superb as a support act. The puppet show was brilliant, and his sound is excellent.

namkcuR said:
and I know how long it took me to find these all on the internet, so, if you want, post your e-mail and I'll send you a link to a zip file with all of them in it.

Hey I'd like those tracks as well. My e-mail is:

beautiful_dayU2@hotmail.com

By the way I'm computer illiterate. I just got a Macbook notebook. Will the zip file work on that?

Justin24 said:
No Comment :|
pffff... if you really have 'no comment', then don't fucking post. :rolleyes:

or are you too afraid to say what you really think?

Freedom of Speech and Just to let you all know. I have been listening to Zooropa and I take back my ratings on Stay. I can't get it out of my head.

lmjhitman said:

or are you too afraid to say what you really think?

Radio Head is Boring, There is nothing "Amazing about there music. I will say that. So now let the bashing of me begin by you and others, who I am sure will say "oh your so un intelligent, etc...

But I still love ya pep's :wink:

Then say that man, the "no comment" business looks extremely lame.

that's all, no hard feelings or anything.

Well, you should have said that in the first place. There's no point in writing something to the effect of "no comment :|" in every Radiohead thread you see.

EDIT: We think the saaame things at the same tiiiime, LMP. :wink:

there's no such thing as freedom of speech here. this is not a government-run message board.

your 'no comments' could be construed as trolling.

from the FAQ:

What do I have to do wrong to get banned from the forum?
If you are trolling the forums you may be banned.

Trolling: Intentionally disrupting a forum by posting obviously inaccurate or inflammatory information and/or hoping to get a rise out of people. The perpetrators are known as "trolls". This also may also apply to our members who decide to 'troll' other forums. Should this lead to problems on OUR forum because of it, you may be banned.

lmjhitman said:
there's no such thing as freedom of speech here. this is not a government-run message board.

your 'no comments' could be construed as trolling.

from the FAQ:

Well then I guess everyone would be a troll because people post things to get a rise from people. Thank You Very much and I hope you have a wonderful Day.

Peace.

GibsonGirl said:
Well, you should have said that in the first place. There's no point in writing something to the effect of "no comment :|" in every Radiohead thread you see.

EDIT: We think the saaame things at the same tiiiime, LMP. :wink:

:wink:

I was listening to Amnesiac at the same time as you too.

Posting and trolling are two completely different things.

Like me saying "I don't like Hail to the Thief, it smells like kitty litter" over:

"Anyone who likes HTTT needs to stick their heads into the nearest gopher hole and cry."

for no reason.

you're totally right, lmp. :up:

but by posting 'no comment', you're leaving it up to the reader to infer what you're really saying. so if i infer that 'no comment' means 'you're all a bunch of douchebags for liking radiohead,' then it could be construed as trolling.

anyway, if someone really believes in freedom of speech, they should, like you said earlier, just post what they think in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom