Radiohead Survivor - In Rainbows - Quarterfinal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your LEAST Favorite Song

• Bodysnatchers

Votes: 14 35.0%
  • Nude

Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Weird Fishes/Arpeggi

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • All I Need

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Reckoner

Votes: 8 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If A Reminder doesn't win the Airbag/How Am I Driving? draw, there's going to be heck to pay.

Heck, I tell ya.

impy13 said:
If A Reminder doesn't win the Airbag/How Am I Driving? draw, there's going to be heck to pay.

Heck, I tell ya.

Meh. Pearly, Palo Alto and Polyethylene especially pawn that song.

lazarus said:

That may be so, but the ratio of qualifiers to total songs is way out of whack. Some of these EPs have 5 songs on them, even 4.

My Iron Lung = 7 songs
Airbag = 6 songs
Com Lag = 5 songs
IR Bonus Disc = 8 songs

One has 5, none have 4.

I will grant you that the ratio seems a little out of whack at least for Airbag and Com Lag, but I don't really see what harm it will do, other than making the final draw a little bit longer.

The way I set it up, in the end the final draw would be comprised of 16 album tracks and 14 non-album tracks(2+2+2+2+3(misc b-sides 1) + 3(misc b-sides 2)). I wanted the non-album tracks to get equal or at least near equal reperesentation as the album tracks in the long run, and not just be an afterthought of a few tracks tacked on after all the album tracks. At 16-14, the album tracks still have the edge, but nearly half of the final draw would be non-album tracks, which would mean people would have to really compare those non-album tracks to the album tracks. The majority of these non-album tracks are NOT throwaways and with the final draw evenly distributed among album and non-album tracks, at least one or two of those non-album tracks is bound to give the album tracks a run for their money. Imagine what a shocker it would be if a non-album track actually won the whole thing.

Anyway, that is my rationale. My basic question still remains - what harm will it really do in the long run to let the EPs send two songs apiece to the final draw?

But would those 2 songs sent be at the same quality as songs thrown away in the album rounds?

More often that not, no.

LemonMacPhisto said:
But would those 2 songs sent be at the same quality as songs thrown away in the album rounds?

More often that not, no.

That's precisely my point. It's not doing any harm to include more songs, but when you're giving b-sides equal weight to album tracks, you have a problem.

Also, those number of tracks for each EP are misleading. Are you including only the non-album tracks? Because Airbag and My Iron Lung, for example, wouldn't be eligible twice, and I imagine that would go for any alt. versions or remixes.

I'd think it over, because I imagine the fewer number of people who are going to vote in the b-side rounds are going to agree.

Com Lag EP is gonna be in it? It's the only thing by Radiohead I haven't heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom