Radiohead Survivor - Hail To The Thief - Round 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your LEAST Favorite Song

• 2+2=5(The Lukewarm)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sit Down. Stand Up.(Snakes And Ladders)

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Sail To The Moon(Brush The Cobwebs Out Of The Sky)

• Backdrifts(Honeymoon Is Over)

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Go To Sleep(Little Man Being Erased)

• Where I End And You Begin(The Sky Is Falling In)

• There There(The Boney King Of Nowhere)

• I Will(No Man's Land)

Votes: 15 51.7%
  • A Punch Up At A Wedding(No No No No No No No No)

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Myxamatosis(Judge, Jury & Executioner)

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Scatterbrain(As Dead As Leaves)

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A Wolf At The Door(It Girl. Rag Doll.)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
The Gloaming(Softly Open Our Mouths In The Cold) was eliminated last round.

Vote Count:
11 - The Gloaming(Softly Open Our Mouths In The Cold)
9 - I Will(No Man's Land)
5 - Scatterbrain(As Dead As Leaves)
3 - Go To Sleep(Little Man Being Erased)
2 - Backdrifts(Honeymoon Is Over), A Punch Up At A Wedding(No No No No No No No No)
1 - Sail To The Moon(Brush The Cobwebs Out Of The Sky), Myxamatosis(Judge, Jury & Executioner)
Total: 34

Songs Already Eliminated:
47.The Gloaming(Softly Open Our Mouths In The Cold)
46.We Suck Young Blood(Your Time Is Up)
45.You And Whose Army
44.Knives Out
=42.Life In A Glass House
=42.Packt Like Sardines In A Crushed Tin Box
41.Like Spinning Plates
40.Morning Bell/Amnesiac
39.Dollars & Cents
38.Pulk/Pull Revolving Doors
37.Hunting Bears
36.The National Anthem
35.Optimistic
34.Morning Bell
33.In Limbo
32.Kid A
31.Motion Picture Soundtrack
30.Treefingers
29.Karma Police
28.Exit Music(For A Film)
27.Lucky
26.Subterranean Homesick Alien
25.No Surprises
=23.The Tourist
=23.Climbing Up The Walls
22.Electioneering
21.Fitter Happier
20.High And Dry
19.Black Star
18.(Nice Dream)
=16.Just
=16.Planet Telex
15.Bullet Proof...I Wish I Was
14.Bones
13.My Iron Lung
12.Sulk
11.Creep
10.Stop Whispering
9.Thinking About You
8.You
7.Lurgee
=5.Prove Yourself
=5.Anyone Can Play Guitar
=1.How Do You?
=1.Ripcord
=1.Vegetable
=1.I Can't

Album Ranking/Weighting
1.OKC - 3 Songs in the final draw - Airbag, Paranoid Android, Let Down
2.Kid A - 3 Songs in the final draw - Everything In Its Right Place, How To Disappear Completely, Idioteque
3.The Bends - 3 Songs in the final draw - The Bends, Fake Plastic Trees, Street Spirit(Fade Out)
4.In Rainbows - 2 songs in the final draw
5.Amnesiac - 2 songs in the final draw - Pyramid Song, I Might Be Wrong
6.HTTT - 2 songs in the final draw
7.Pablo Honey - 1 song in the final draw - Blow Out
8.MIL, A/HAID, and CL EPs as well as IR-Disc 2 - 2 songs each in the final draw
9.Two misc b-sides draws - 3 songs each in the final draw
Total: 30 songs in the final draw

I would like to make a plea.

Please do not vote for I Will. It is an incredibly gorgeous song, musically and lyrically. Listen to it again. Focus on the melody, and on the backing vocals in the last third of the song. Focus on all of it. Understand why you shouldn't vote it off yet. Please.

:pray:

May I ask a question? What exactly is it about I Will that is so horrible that it deserves to be eliminated before everything else that's left? I just cannot fathom why a song that I feel is so gorgeous is deemed so unfit to continue by eleven(so far) of you. So what is it? What's so horrible about it?

Scatterbrain, fuck off.

I Will is much better.

namkcuR said:
May I ask a question? What exactly is it about I Will that is so horrible that it deserves to be eliminated before everything else that's left? I just cannot fathom why a song that I feel is so gorgeous is deemed so unfit to continue by eleven(so far) of you. So what is it? What's so horrible about it?

It's fucking boring, man.

Almost as much as How to Disappear Completely.

namkcuR said:

I just don't like it as much as I like the others.

namkcuR said:

Lyrically strong, musically slight. Should have gone with a fuller arrangement.

namkcuR said:

It's boring. It's a b-side.

Now chill the fuck out.

He's just taking this so seriously! It's just an internet poll, dude. Who cares what anyone else likes?! Enjoy what you like. :wink:

namkcuR said:

This is what I said about Dollars and Cents. Didn't make any difference to anyone though. I voted for I Will because it's the most forgettable track on the album.

Appreciative of your replies, no matter how much I disagree. Moving on...

Sit Down. Stand Up.

The endless 'raindrops' ending kind of ruins it for me. Cut that off and I wouldn't be voting against it right now because the rest of the song is great.

Not that it makes any difference this round.

I like the raindrops thing, especially because it seems to piss so many people off.

If the music behind it wasn't so awesome it would be lame, but I think the song has a great finish.

namkcuR said:

I quite like it actually, just as I do The Gloaming.

lazarus said:
I like the raindrops thing, especially because it seems to piss so many people off.

I like the raindrops thing simply because the first time I listened to it in my car ginormous raindrops fell on my windshield from a clear sunny sky. I kid you not. That song has metaphysical powers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom