Radiohead Survivor - Final Draw - Round 15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your LEAST Favorite Song

• Fake Plastic Trees

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Street Spirit (Fade Out)

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Airbag

• Paranoid Android

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Let Down

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Everything In Its Right Place

• Idioteque

• Pyramid Song

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • All I Need

• Reckoner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's still between Everything in Its Right Place and Pyramid Song for me, but my vote's been going to the former.

Since I love all these songs, my strategy will be to swoop in seconds before the poll closes and save something.

The wheels are just spinning until Everything in Its Right Place and Pyramid Song are out.

Street Spirit? Really?

I still don't see the big fuss over it. It's probably the best song on Amnesiac (which isn't saying much), but I don't think it's one of their best.

It's hypnotic, it's elegant but exotic, and the lyrics are totally evocative, chilling yet uplifting. The drumbeat off-kilter yet caught in some kind of trance, the solemn and ominous piano, the strings that threaten to carry you off into Thom's dream world...I can't say enough about it.

I brought Amnesiac home and listened to it for the first time on headphones, and have never wavered from my opinion that it's Radiohead's best work, even if the sum of the parts are better than the whole compared to their other albums. The diversity of styles found on Amnesiac still astounds me.

I've always been mystified by the lack of total unconditional love for Amnesiac. It's the misunderstood black sheep of the family. :(

Well, I'm not a big Kid A fan, so I think that might have something to do with why I don't like Amnesiac either.

How to Disappear Completely, Optimistic, and Idioteque are really the only tracks I enjoy from Kid A, and Pyramid Song and Knives Out are really the only ones I enjoy from Amnesiac.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom