Radiohead Survivor - Final Draw - Round 10

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your Least Favorite Song

• Airbag

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Paranoid Android

• Everything In Its Right Place

• Idioteque

• Pyramid Song

• There There(The Boney King Of Nowhere)

• All I Need

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Videotape is nothing remarkable, but it sure beats the hell out of the excruciatingly forced, yet ultimately auto-pilot offering that is 15 Step.

My opinion is usually considered to be quite messed up, and those who think that are probably not too far off the mark, but in my Reckoning, In Rainbows would have been better like this.

1. Bodysnatchers
2. Nude
3. Wierd Fishies / Arpeggi
4. All I Need
5. Faust Arp
6. ReckoneR
7. House Of Cards
8. Jigsaw Falling Into Place
9. Last Flowers

There aren't a lot of changes there from the original In Rainbows. Just the removal of two songs, and the inclusion of one different song. Full credit to Radiohead. Track 2 through to 9 are brilliantly ordered (and cracking songs in their own right). A remarkable thing to create an album that has a track ordering that is indisputable, and just going by the way many have responded to In Rainbows, it seems to be widely acknowledged to be a pefectly flowing album.

Videotape is the worst song on IR, by a fair margin.

Absolutely.

I can't believe Wolf is going to exit this early. That chorus...it's just beautiful.

It's not beautiful, it's pure bliss. It's serendipity. It's like Axver dancing with cherubs in Death Metal Heaven.

Videotape is nothing remarkable, but it sure beats the hell out of the excruciatingly forced, yet ultimately auto-pilot offering that is 15 Step.

My opinion is usually considered to be quite messed up, and those who think that are probably not too far off the mark, but in my Reckoning, In Rainbows would have been better like this.

1. Bodysnatchers
2. Nude
3. Wierd Fishies / Arpeggi
4. All I Need
5. Faust Arp
6. ReckoneR
7. House Of Cards
8. Jigsaw Falling Into Place
9. Last Flowers

Getting rid of "15 Step" automatically invalidates this list, but the other songs you have here are solid. I'd go this route:

1. 15 Step
2. Bodysnatchers
3. Jigsaw...
4. Faust Arp
5. Reckoner
6. Nude
7. All I Need
8. Weird Fishes / Arpeggi
9. House of Cards
10. MK 1 / Videotape (Live from the Basement)

Mixing the MK track into that version of Videotape is so satisfying, I lovez it. That album is spectacular from top to bottom in its current form, but I do like to tweak the order a bit.

Absolutely.

It's not beautiful, it's pure bliss. It's serendipity. It's like Axver dancing with cherubs in Death Metal Heaven.

Getting rid of "15 Step" automatically invalidates this list, but the other songs you have here are solid. I'd go this route:

1. 15 Step
2. Bodysnatchers
3. Jigsaw...
4. Faust Arp
5. Reckoner
6. Nude
7. All I Need
8. Weird Fishes / Arpeggi
9. House of Cards
10. MK 1 / Videotape (Live from the Basement)

Mixing the MK track into that version of Videotape is so satisfying, I lovez it. That album is spectacular from top to bottom in its current form, but I do like to tweak the order a bit.

I agree with this whole post, and there's a lot in it. That's how good this post is.

Someone send me that MK1/Videotape thing? thefonz_29@hotmail.com

I adore Videotape, see my sig, and I really think In Rainbows is a fantastic album, start to finish, I wouldn't change a thing. The only thing I'd say is that Weird Fishes should be here, not Reckoner.

:yawn:

Hey, maybe if we drag this out long enough, we can add new tracks from forthcoming releases!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom