Radiohead Survivor - Album Ranking - Round 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vote For Your LEAST Favorite LP

• The Bends

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • OK Computer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kid A

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Amnesiac

Votes: 11 28.9%
  • Hail To The Thief

Votes: 15 39.5%
  • In Rainbows

Votes: 2 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
Pablo Honey was unceremoniously blown out last round.

Current RH LP Ranking:

7.Pablo Honey

Vote Count:
31 - Pablo Honey
5 - Hail To The Thief
3 - Kid A, Amnesiac
1 - OK Computer, In Rainbows
Total: 44

I like the credit In Rainbows is getting. I listened to it on the way to school this morning for the first time in a couple weeks, and it really is some of their best work, I'd say.

Well, I voted for Kid A.

The problem is that all of these albums are so damned good. There's not a lot of fluff on these.

Looking at how I rank the songs in iTunes, they're all quality:
The Bends: 12 songs out of 12, 5 stars
OK Computer: 10 out of 12, 5 stars (the others at 4 stars)
Amnesiac: 7 out of 11, 5 stars (the others at 4 stars)
Kid A: 6 out of 10, 5 stars (the others at 4 stars)
Hail To The Thief: 9 out of 14, 5 stars (the others at 4 stars)
In Rainbows: 10 out of 10, 5 stars

I might pick OK Computer first place overall for historical import and because the great songs are SO great, even though there are a couple songs that I don't like as much.

Last edited:
elevated_u2_fan said:

That's exactly how I feel as well, I think it's a testament to RH that the difference from my most to least favorite albums is very slim... But in a good way :wink:

I totally agree. After PH, they're all more or less 5 stars in my book.

I was torn between The Bends and HTTT, but ended up choosing HTTT...

LemonMelon said:
Can someone please tell me why Kid A has 3 votes? :eyebrow:

What's so great about Kid A compared to the others?

It has several songs I like a lot, but it also has Kid A, Treefingers, In Limbo and Motion Picture Soundtrack, which don't do that much for me.

Amnesiac gets me more excited.

SeattleVertigo said:

What's so great about Kid A compared to the others?

It has several songs I like a lot, but it also has Kid A, Treefingers, In Limbo and Motion Picture Soundtrack, which don't do that much for me.

Amnesiac gets me more excited.

The whole album is great. :tsk: It has incredible atmosphere, sequencing, and most of the tracks are fantastic. Certainly not the worst of the bunch. :p

I cannot believe that anyone on Earth does not like The Bends. It may be true, but I personally refuse to believe it.

:wink:

u2popmofo said:
I cannot believe that anyone on Earth does not like The Bends. It may be true, but I personally refuse to believe it.

Who doesn't like The Bends? You know it's not me. I made that clear, right? RIGHT??

Even though I love Amnesiac, I'm surprised HTTT isn't surviving longer. It certainly has more palatable "songs" than Amnesiac, and I would have thought the Bends/OK fans would be more partial to it.

I still wonder if more people would like it if you lost the three least-accessible songs (namely I Will, We Suck Young Blood, and The Gloaming).

^ I agree, laz. But I've always been completely and utterly mystified by how many fans dislike HTTT, and how much so. I cannot understand it. Do people really think I Will is inaccessible??!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom