Radiohead named top act in the world

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoomerang96

ONE love, blood, life
and they beat out u2 while they were at it.

kudos fellas for giving Q some credibility...

*lifts a cold one in honour of the fab five.

oh come on gang, wish em well!

they deserved it more than any other band!

with 8 looks and no responses, im sure you all are dieing to respond...

:wink:

I think it's great that Q sticks to their guns, and calls it the way they see it. You may not have to agree with them, but at least they haven't folded like Rolling Stone has in so many ways.

I've seen Radiohead live, as well as U2. They were two of the best live performances I've ever witnessed. I don't think I could say which one was "better" because they were so very different. I enjoyed the U2 performance more, simply because they are my favourite band (and for all the reasons why they hold that title), but objectively I can understand why Radiohead would be classified as the top act in the world. Same goes for U2.

Last edited:
100 views and only 8 replies - 3 of them which are by the author.

how does this thread make everyone feel?

oh dont worry, if u2 had won id be doing the same thing to their pathetic fans over at ateaseweb.com

bunch of wankers...

Zoomerang96 said:
100 views and only 8 replies - 3 of them which are by the author.

how does this thread make everyone feel?

oh dont worry, if u2 had won id be doing the same thing to their pathetic fans over at ateaseweb.com

bunch of wankers...

Why does one always have to react immediately? Why does everyone has to react to every thread about U2? Why is it always big news when U2 loses an award (they lose constantly, even though they also win a lot).

Anyway, congrats to Radiohead for winning Best Act In The World Today. Of course I had hoped that U2 would have won, but Radiohead is certainly also one of the best (with also a very active Internet community). At least Oasis didn't win it (thankfully (sorry, I don't get/like them)).

C ya!

Marty

It is now Bruce - 10 hours...

Let me guess, they also named Vin Diesel "Best Actor Of the Decade", too?

Radiohead are good, but extremely overrated.:wave:

welll gollleeee
yay to radiodead
i love them boys
but truly im gonna start resenting them like another band if they dont come back to aus soon.
jonny get yer arse down here will ya
deathbearance, tell them to come over please

hah, if U2 had won you would have claimed that it was because they would stoop to the lowest of levels to please the media nowadays

so, all in all, I can't say I'm that impressed or care that big a deal

Salome said:
hah, if U2 had won you would have claimed that it was because they would stoop to the lowest of levels to please the media nowadays

so, all in all, I can't say I'm that impressed or care that big a deal

no, i wouldnt say that.

but you can bet they did everything in their power to win... :sexywink:

amanda, i will do my best.

Um i don't think so. Radiohead do have an extremely innovative sound and they are good, but i wouldn't call them top in the world.

I'd think of U2/REM/Depeche Mode in that category.

I have to see them live before it's too late

From what I've seen of the live footage it's quite remarkable

and radiohead are most definitly not over-rated.

The November Q was worth the import price. Congrats to Radiohead.

In Q's 50 most powerful people in music their was a picture of Thom on Big Ben, any idea if that was for real?

Sicy said:
"weirdo".

Yes
yes:up:

That was part of the song..

Young Thom Yorke penned the words nearly a decade ago-
"Im a Creep
Im a weirdo
I dont belong here"..

DB9
:dance:

Last edited:
wannabe said:
The November Q was worth the import price. Congrats to Radiohead.

In Q's 50 most powerful people in music their was a picture of Thom on Big Ben, any idea if that was for real?

i havent seen the picture.

that magazine is very expensive in north america...well over 10 bucks. a bit much for something i can read on the internet...

U know what? Slap my arse if u want to but I am fed up with this 'Top Act of the World' thing.........

'Temporary Top Act for the Here And Now in the World'...would work better, I mean, how the fuk do u know for fuking certain, that the top act is the toppest act, huh?

forget sales, that means nothing, just shows how big the fanbase is.......

but I has started to annoy me now.

and this has NOTHING to do with Radiohead being top.I just tink the whole ting is bolloxy stupid!

:rant:

maddie i agree completely. i just find it humourous cause bono always talks about being the best band in the planet, and then this happens...for the second year in a row.

Zoomerang96 said:
maddie i agree completely. i just find it humourous cause bono always talks about being the best band in the planet, and then this happens...for the second year in a row.
Weren't they Q Magazine's "Band Of The Year" only just last year?

Zoomerang96 said:

that magazine is very expensive in north america...well over 10 bucks. a bit much for something i can read on the internet...

It was, but well worth it. It had that top 50 pullout and in the mag itself was the recent U2 "Ten Years of Turmoil" article. It also has a hefty article on the Foo Fighters and their new One By One.

they came there last yr, u just brought floods when they were there!

The Wanderer said:
cowgirl, why should we tell radiohead to go to australia when they don't come here?!

because ive got prettier hair than you

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom