Radiohead Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've said it before and I got flamed for it, I just find it an album that is awkward to listen to. As much as I adore IMBW, Pyramid, Pulk/Pull and Spinnin' Plates, I rarely have the urge to listen to this album......an uncomfortable mood about it.

It was the first album of theirs I ever heard. I often think it's better than Kid A and always think it's better than The Bends.

Hunting Bears rules. If you disagree, you smell bad and will get swine flu.

Just a amazing thing to listen to, quite a frantic, trance like song, and those videogamesque noises throughout are kind of refreshing, and it then thunders back into that groove. It demands being turned up loud. It's just a joy to listen to. I wish Radiohead committed more of these experiments to their albums.

amnesiac is most certainly excellent.

there. i think that puts an end to THAT discussion.

I feel like we've had this same Amnesiac discussion before. Anyway, they created some really great atmosphere on the album (/axver) and there are some fantastic moments and songs...but it's the last Radiohead album I would ever reach to for a listen. Including Pablo Honey.

And there are times when I enjoy Yorke's Eraser more than Amnesiac. You will be dispensed with.

I don't get the love for Amnesiac, it's easily their weakest post-Pablo Honey album to me, it's about on par with Thom's solo stuff

I don't get the love for Amnesiac, it's easily their weakest post-Pablo Honey album to me, it's about on par with Thom's solo stuff

Pyramid Song, Life in a Glass House, I Might Be Wrong, You and Whose Army, Amnesiac/Morning Bell, Like Spinning Plates and Dollars and Cents would like to have a word with you in the back please...

Amnesiac has no weak tracks. And it has "Life in a Glass House," one of their very best songs.

I wuv it.

Pyramid Song, Life in a Glass House, I Might Be Wrong, You and Whose Army, Amnesiac/Morning Bell, Like Spinning Plates and Dollars and Cents would like to have a word with you in the back please...

Like Spinning Plates is the point where experimentation stopped resulting in good music for Radiohead, it's good live though. Life in a Glass House is the best song on the album but the longer version is even better, Dollars and Cents is pretty meh, Amnesiac/Morning Bell is nothing next to the Kid A version. You and Whose Army, I Might be Wrong and Pyramid Song don't sound too good in studio since I've heard the live version

Yeah I'm really not a fan of the album overall

That thought actually crossed my mind today as I was in American Apparel listening to Lykke Li on my iPhone.

When the people I was on the trip with were raving about Kings of Leon and my first thought was, "Why are they so popular?" I realized I'm becoming a hipster as well. Fuck you.

I hate hipsters. I hate the term hipster. I hate all of you.

Then again, I hate everyone anyway.

Please proceed.

Apparently you hate yourself too:

In the 1990s and 2000s it was used to describe young, recently-settled urban middle class adults and older teenagers with interests in non-mainstream fashion and culture, particularly alternative music, independent rock, independent film, magazines such as Vice, and Clash, and websites like Pitchfork Media

You certainly hit a couple of those criteria, Lancey. You're just as bad as me now.

One of us... one of us...

I honestly just wanted an excuse to post that Freaks clip.

Just a amazing thing to listen to, quite a frantic, trance like song, and those videogamesque noises throughout are kind of refreshing, and it then thunders back into that groove. It demands being turned up loud. It's just a joy to listen to. I wish Radiohead committed more of these experiments to their albums.
I actually agree, it's frantic, it's trance-like... but I hate it instead of loving it. :lol: I compare it to Kid A in that it's a pretty damn experimental song with few real vocals and lots videogramesque noises but Kid A does it better IMO.

Kid A is far from my favourite on that album, but it's the one I've listened to the most. Go figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom