Radiohead discussion continues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got the download link. It's a nice sounding album. About what I'd expect from Thom.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

1st impression:
A Brain in the bottle: Not liking this yet.
Guess Again!: Beautiful
Interference: Good
The Mother Lode: Beautiful
Truth Ray: Good (interesting synths)
There is no ice (for my drink): Boring repetitive instrumental
Pink Section: Pink noise with NIN piano. Nothing special.
Nose Grows Some: Beautiful

In the end I liked it more than The Eraser. It's mellow and thankfully not as depressing as a lot of his work is. Better than I thought it would be. :up:

Finally got the download link. It's a nice sounding album. About what I'd expect from Thom.

If you follow the process, it essentially provides you with a way to download it on the same screen you buy it from. You may have closed it prematurely.

I downloaded something via a Bittorent. :sad:

Back to this (from the previous thread): I thought Thom was a vegan; how does he have a belly then? (Albeit, a small one.)

thom-yorke-shirtless-05.jpg

His expression is about what I expected it would be if he were made to go swimming.

Sometimes, late at night, Thom Yorke takes a whole mouthful of whipped cream from one of those cannisters, like Betty Draper.

Then he goes back to the computer and resumes work on his next installation.

The Mother Lode is a fantastic track, right up there with And It Rained All Night and Harrowdown Hill among my favorite Thom solo tracks.

Tomorrow's Modern Boxes is a pretty cool little album. Definitely prettier and more creative than Amok, which kind of bored me. I was hoping it would be a lot more fun than it actually was.

Last edited:
Tomorrow's Modern Boxes is a pretty cool little album. Definitely prettier and more creative than Amok, which kind of bored me. I was hoping it would be a lot more fun than it actually was.

I'm on board with this statement.

The Mother Lode is a fantastic track, right up there with And It Rained All Night and Harrowdown Hill among my favorite Thom solo tracks.

Ok, maybe I really will get this today. Or tomorrow.

Amok was, save for a couple of tracks, an outstanding album.

My initial reaction to this one is good. Need to give it more time to sink in though.

Clearly inferior to Eraser and AFS's Amok this unexpected Tomorrow's Modern Boxes. Not that the songs are bad, they're not, but I've listened to the album a handful of times, and it always seems to me that Yorke just picked up those hooks previwed in the 2.0 version of Polyfauna, put it on loop, mixed it up, added some of his trademark production and voilà. In fact, in most of the 8 tracks, it seemed to me that I was just listening to a loop version of those same hooks (which are not bad, but there's also better in Yorke's/Radiohead's catalogue).
Unlike most people, I quite liked "A Brain In A Bottle" and "Interference". Still, I'd rate it a 7/10 for now.

On the past weeks, I've been rediscovering the b-sides and outtakes of Amok and I'm really digging into "What The Eyeballs Did"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7Z3B5h3PIU

as well as the live arrangement for "Before Your Very Eyes"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34I7V1s1vX4

Listening to The Eraser for the first time, since I can't hear the new album yet because I purchased it on my work laptop, but I can't download it because I can't install new programs, and there appears to be no way to transfer it to my Macbook.

Anyway, the song "The Eraser" is fucking amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom