Radiohead: Band not in Crisis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The unspeakably terrible Lollapalooza crowd ruined the one show of theirs that I have attended, so I would relish the opportunity to see them again.

Little By Little gets no love :sad: I think the FTB version is great!

The idea of them touring has me giddy, but I just pray they announce the full schedule at once instead of this dribs and drabs business that other bands have been doing. This time around, I'd like to see the band with people who aren't going to whine and complain all bloody night long.

Good performances last night. Wish they'd just release an official version of Staircase, and stop rubbing it in our face with live performances. :wink:

Damn, Staircase really is a great song. I almost wonder if it is going to feature on Thom's "Atoms for Peace" album, a la Cymbal Rush. That would explain why we have yet to see a studio version from Radiohead.

Fuck. That SNL clip was bitchin'. Phil and his doppelganger were freakin' me out, man.

Phil instead of notPhil should have been behind Thom. notPhil was great and all but Phil should have gotten the more visible position.

Great performances, though.

And I watched From the Basement yesterday. That version of Staircase is even more amazing.

And whoever said TKOL songs would be boring live was quite wrong. Who was that again? :wink:

Damn, Staircase really is a great song. I almost wonder if it is going to feature on Thom's "Atoms for Peace" album, a la Cymbal Rush. That would explain why we have yet to see a studio version from Radiohead.

If this was recorded during the KOL sessions then it's a travesty it was left off the album. It's easily better than Feral, Magpie, and Little By Little.

Wasn't crazy about Thom's vocal on Lotus Flower.

And I love it on the album version.

If this was recorded during the KOL sessions then it's a travesty it was left off the album. It's easily better than Feral, Magpie, and Little By Little.

Agree with all of that.

Overall, I think the Basement recordings are better but it was great to see them. Thom looks better than ever.
Colin needs a Queer Eye makeover for the stage.

I thought they were both good performances.

I also appreciated Baldwin's gesture at the end of the show, giving centerstage to Thom Yorke with the cast around him.

I imagine there's a lot of people who are so excited to see Radiohead play on national television, or on SNL, and aren't able to judge the actual perf objectively.

Thom's voice was pretty rough on Lotus Flower, especially in the beginning. And he screwed up the lyrics. Staircase was a lot better.

I thought they were both good performances.

I also appreciated Baldwin's gesture at the end of the show, giving centerstage to Thom Yorke with the cast around him.

I enjoyed both performances last night on SNL but I especially liked the added appreciation host Baldwin gave The band at the end of the show :up:

Alter alert?

The performance of "Lotus Flower" was atrocious. Didn't even seemed it was Radiohead: uninspired, the band seems to miss the use of a metronome (a good ear with detect some very very subtle differences in the tempos). But the worse was Thom York: a real terrible vocal deliverance, some wrong lines in the lyrics. It was painful to listen to him singing this. Plus, the Basement version proved that "Lotus Flower" is studio track and that Radiohead cannot get the perfection or the aura of the studio version.

"Staircase" is opposite. A superb track that I'm amazed it wasn't included in KOL (which I like - I'm one of the few that really liked the album and that listens to it from "Bloom" to "Separator"). It really works. However, another "good ear" will detect some mistakes and some notes out of tune (almost at the end).
Thom sounds a little better comparing to the previous song performed, but it was far from perfect. He really has to stop with those epiletic dances he learnt for the "Lotus Flower" video.

I renew the appreciation for the King Of Limbs album (a very good effort, IMO), but as live performers, the Basement presentation, some videos on youtube of random shows and now this SNL appearance leads me to think that Radiohead is not in a good shape or form.

Phil and his doppelganger were freakin' me out, man.

Me too! :lol:

It's the same drummer from the few ITB tracks I watched, and I thought he & Phil looked a hell of a lot alike when they weren't wearing matching shirts!

As for the performances, I agree with most on here: they were ok, definitely not stellar, and 'Staircase' was far better than 'Lotus Flower'.

The great thing about Radiohead live *coughCoachellaandIalreadyhavemyticketcough* is that there will be ALL KINDS of other Radiohead songs in between "The King Of Limbs" ones. :wink:

Yep. 11:30 EDT.

CN_RadioheadToutTonight_short_300.jpg

And they're playing Daily Mail.

Colbert Expands to One Hour for Special Radiohead Episode | Comedy Central Insider | Funny, TV and Comedy Blog

Stephen said, "I look forward to meeting the Radioheads and leveraging their anti-corporate indie cred to raise brand awareness for my sponsors."

:lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom