Radiohead: Band not in Crisis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I spent today driving a little more than an hour, each way, to Atlantic City for work. That gave me the opportunity to listen to Radiohead's KOL -From the Basement twice (along with a mix of other tunes I tacked on to the end -- The Butcher, Feeling Pulled Apart By Horses, Twisted Words, etc.). I've struggled a bit with the official King of Limbs album, but this stuff is tremendous - really.

Thursday night I'll be on the field in Philadelphia for U2. I think it is my 12th U2 show, and I could not be more pumped for the night. U2 and RH are different, but I refuse to choose sides. Both are major contributors to my brain and soul, and I can live with that.

I really wish that I had been able to see a Bat for Lashes / Radiohead show from a few years back. Did not Grizzly Bear also open for them on the In Rainbows tour?

I believe so. Liars opened the show I went to and they were alright, nothing revelatory.

Where can I track down audio rips of the new Basement tracks? And where can I find Admiral Kirk?

GirlsAloudFan said:
Outside of 18th and 19th century English literature, I think this is the only time I've ever seen somebody avoid using the contraction when making a sentence like this. Fucking wow.

Hahaha. I do hear it now and then.

So, the road between Needles and Ludlow is long. Lovely to be sure, but looooong. About 100 miles or so from Barstow, Until the End of the World comes on and I start to imagine what a Radiohead cover of that song might sound like. I think it just might work.

Or were the miles getting to me?

Remember when physical Radiohead bootlegs/rarities comps used to circulate, and a surprisingly large number of them included a recording of Edge's live "Sunday Bloody Sunday" b-side mistakenly attributed to Radiohead? I do.

Remember when physical Radiohead bootlegs/rarities comps used to circulate, and a surprisingly large number of them included a recording of Edge's live "Sunday Bloody Sunday" b-side mistakenly attributed to Radiohead? I do.

Me 2

I laughed at the thread title. It's ironic, because I don't know any other band that's making a living out of their ongoing crisis besides Radiohead, and Thom Yorke especially :wink:

And I'm enjoying this crisis. King of Limbs is a good album, just a little to short.

'Saturday Night Live' announces two new-season hosts

Quote:
Kicking off four consecutive news shows on Sept. 24 will be Alec Baldwin, returning as host for his record-setting 16th appearance. Radiohead returns for their second appearance as musical guest.

I was wondering about this. I told my friend the last time I remember them being on SNL was when "Kid A" came out, but I wasn't sure if they had been on since then.

Apparently not.

I hope they play 'Separator'. :pray:

All I know is if they appear on the BBC, someone in here is going to be pissed.

They will no longer be politically insightful.

I will not mention names.

:lol:

I'd never expect them to do something like this but it'll probably be great all the same.

I'd never expect them to do something like this but it'll probably be great all the same.

Never expected them to once again be the musical guest on a show they've previously been the musical guest on before? :huh:

:wink:

That performance of The National Anthem from SNL blew my mind when I first saw it. Thom dances, or perhaps more appropriately, flails convulsively for half the song while Jonny sits on the ground tuning what looks like an antique radio.

That performance of The National Anthem from SNL blew my mind when I first saw it. Thom dances, or perhaps more appropriately, flails convulsively for half the song while Jonny sits on the ground tuning what looks like an antique radio.

This FTW.

I remember watching it at the time and being blown away by Thom's seeming epileptic fit.

The National Anthem/Idioteque on SNL = one of the greatest things I've ever seen on television. It made me think that weird new album I had bought a few days earlier that barely had guitars and sounded nothing like The Bends/OKC is maybe not so bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom