Radiohead: Band not in Crisis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, hey, I had totally forgotten about that From The Basement thing! Off to YouTube.

Also, the thread title is fantastic. :laugh:

Bloom is much more impressive on that basement show than the Glastonbury gig, but I still overwhelmingly prefer the studio version.

I have a difficult time thinking he isn't just confused. If not, worst opener ever.

You'd expect U2 to pick a shitty opener though, Radiohead's are usually phenomenal.

You'd expect U2 to pick a shitty opener though, Radiohead's are usually phenomenal.

I really wish that I had been able to see a Bat for Lashes / Radiohead show from a few years back. Did not Grizzly Bear also open for them on the In Rainbows tour?

Did not Grizzly Bear also open for them on the In Rainbows tour?

Outside of 18th and 19th century English literature, I think this is the only time I've ever seen somebody avoid using the contraction when making a sentence like this. Fucking wow.

GirlsAloudFan said:
Outside of 18th and 19th century English literature, I think this is the only time I've ever seen somebody avoid using the contraction when making a sentence like this. Fucking wow.

Whenever you post about yup's grammar it's like you are a big bully picking on the nerd for talkin' weird. :laugh:

Here are my thoughts on the whole Radiohead vs. U2 debate that goes on often around here:

I love Radiohead. Their creative well has not run dry yet, and TKOL is, in my opinion, their 3rd best work (after Kid A and OK C). what gets them so much more current love than U2 is their understated attitude compared to U2's bombastic attitude which can turn some off. Even though Radiohead's music is more inventive, ingenious, and innovative than U2's, U2's music has a feeling flowing through it that is absent from Radiohead. While some RH songs move me like crazy, there are some songs by U2 that just take me to a whole other level than anything Radiohead has ever created. Because of this, I like a lot of U2's music more, however I appreciate Radiohead's vision more. I guess what Im trying to say is, U2 is unintentional genius with spirit, while RH is intentional genius with intelligence.

Radiohead is music you hear with your brain, U2 is music you hear with your spirit.

just my $0.02

Oh, and also:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHS3ci9H_Uc

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLrCGgA0bEY&feature=related

No, it's just the whole band comparison thing. What defines intelligent music anyway? I've never understood.

I don't really think there's any sort of debate that goes on around here. In the lame U2 sections maybe, but not here.

I don't really think there's any sort of debate that goes on around here. In the lame U2 sections maybe, but not here.

No, it's just the whole band comparison thing. What defines intelligent music anyway? I've never understood.

Ah ok, sorry, was just expressing my thoughts on the heated debate of the 2 that goes on around here. I thought it would be better expressing these opinions on this side of Interference rather than on EYIKIW but I guess not...

As for Intelligent music, I guess I would mean music that is really skillfully composed, created, and performed with a lot of attention to detail. RH's time signatures, details, ways of creating sounds all stimulate the brain (at least for me). Their music is very skilfully put together and really makes you think, so in that case, I guess its kind of music for your brain - hence 'intelligent music' even though the word 'intelligent' may not be the right word to use in context of what Im trying to express. I guess with U2, I dont really think about the composition of the music - I just feel it. With Radiohead, there are other mental processes that come into the listening experience for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom