RA D IOHE_AD "IN/RAINBOWS" continuing discussion thread part VI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
gump said:

Yes indeed.

I wonder if the CD release will also come with the bonus disc...
I doubt it will because "In Rainbows" is the official album of 10 songs and they specifically wanted the perfectly sculpted album. Those other 8 might come out another way. It seems clear that not all of them (perhaps not any of them) were deemed lesser material, but just didn't fit thematically with what they were trying to achieve. Ed's said in past interviews for Kid A that they don't want albums to be substantially more than 40 minutes. Thom said "Jigsaw" almost was left off the album.

I'm sure anyone wishing they'd ordered the discbox can still order it!

You're very welcome, Fitz Chivalry and Joyfulgirl and any others who've enjoyed it. You might want to download it in the next week because send space has a time limit. You can also find it in the main forum and multimedia of ateaseweb.com, though. I haven't listened to the interviews extra carefully myself as the album is playing in the background so I wanted to keep the volume very low. I still haven't heard the album as I'm not ready. I'll probably have a listen when I get the discbox, though. :)

Last edited:
djerdap said:
An AtEase member got the discbox early. He will not upload the disc 2 tracks, but he did post pictures. :drool:

http://www.ateaseweb.com/mb/index.php?showtopic=235026493

Very nice, I was just thinking last night that these should be coming soon.

Anyone know if those of us who ordered it in North America will receive it from a North American distribution point, or will it be sent from the UK as well?

Radiohead plays Roskilde '08 it was announced today.

Tickets go on sale on December 1.

This will be huge.

Radiohead on YouTube and AOL Radio
Posted on December 1st, 2007.

Radiohead’s label in the US, TBD Records, are upgrading the band’s online presence with a YouTube channel and a channel on AOL Radio.

Earlier on a Facebook page was opened, where fans can add Radiohead to their profiles. Now, the Radiohead YouTube channel has gone live. The YouTube channel ( youtube.com/radiohead) currently hosts only two videos, taken from the Thumb’s Down webcast, but more videos will be added soon. And if that wasn’t enough, an “all Radiohead” channel will be available on AOL Radio in the coming week.

here's the link.. http://youtube.com/radiohead

they have 2 vids up as of today.. :D

ok... you're probably right.

but come on... i need the music now. i've got lots of commutes tomorrow morning and my ipod is screaming for the sweet nectar of new radiohead.

Zoomerang96 said:
ok... you're probably right.

but come on... i need the music now. i've got lots of commutes tomorrow morning and my ipod is screaming for the sweet nectar of new radiohead.

I say Tuesday is our best bet :(

I received this tonight:

Hello,

Just to let you know…

Your “In Rainbows” discbox has now left w.a.s.t.e. in the UK

You can expect delivery of your discbox in the following estimated times.

UK 1-8 days

Europe 1-14 days

Rest of World 5-18 days

Wherever possible (especially to customers in the USA), we’ve sent these by road and sea.

December is a busy time of year for postal services globally, so please be patient.

We thank you for your custom and hope you enjoy your discbox when you receive it.

Best wishes.

u2popmofo said:
I received this tonight:

Hello,

Just to let you know…

Your “In Rainbows” discbox has now left w.a.s.t.e. in the UK

You can expect delivery of your discbox in the following estimated times.

UK 1-8 days

Europe 1-14 days

Rest of World 5-18 days

Wherever possible (especially to customers in the USA), we’ve sent these by road and sea.

December is a busy time of year for postal services globally, so please be patient.

We thank you for your custom and hope you enjoy your discbox when you receive it.

Best wishes.

Oh, gosh. I'm still not ready to hear any of it..... I hope it's in good condition and I don't get any import duties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom