RA D IOHE_AD IN/RAINBOWS" continuing discussion thread part V

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lancemc said:
I prefer the Basement Tapes version to any other version of the song, to be quite honest.

:yes: That's the one that gives me goosebumps.

And guess what, the studio version sounds like that! I'm pleased.

lol

I haven't been to atease since the album came out. I think it's time to pay a visit. :wink:

They should in deed face reality...and just replace the album version with the Basement Tapes track. :)

lazarus said:
Sorry, I need a RELEASE.

Especially at the end of an album.

I think you've hit the nail on the head imo... I like the track but there is a sense of build up and nothing follows...

I'm listening to the live version right now and it reminds me of Help Me I Am In Hell by NIN, it has the same building feeling that has no pay off...

Lancemc said:
They should in deed face reality...and just replace the album version with the Basement Tapes track. :)

And, in doing so, have the exact same track without the drums. :)

Or the good outro, which makes the song.

And better to have no percussion at all than shitty percussion.

elevated_u2_fan said:

there was an article in the local paper about all the complaints about it only being 160 kbps...

Boo-friggity-hoo. If you can actually hear something wrong with Nude, you could probably hear a pin drop in the middle of Times Square.

As Jonny said, it's still better than iTunes quality. I don't see how you can ask for more than that from a download that is as cheap as you want it to be.

I'm now listening to Greenwood's pieces from the Ether Festival.

God damn they're fantastic. I haven't listened to "Popcorn Superhet Reciever" yet, but "Piano For Children" and "Smear" are truly marvelous.

I really want to pick up his Bodysong soundtrack now.

And Smear makes my anticipation for There Will Be blood grow ever more, if that's possible.

lazarus said:
Lemon, this should probably be back in the Top 10 bands thread, but I'll just drop it here. Quite possibly the funniest, most inspired thing I've ever seen on Conan, though you really have to know who he's making fun of:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSVq3UOZWCY

and this is pretty funny too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvmVeYgMpLM

Oh, haha... :lol: That SCTV sketch is particularly clever. Reminds me of that one Simpsons episode where Krusty the clown comes in to do voiceovers for his doll and finishes before they turn the mic on. :up:

Lancemc said:
I'm now listening to Greenwood's pieces from the Ether Festival.

God damn they're fantastic. I haven't listened to "Popcorn Superhet Reciever" yet, but "Piano For Children" and "Smear" are truly marvelous.

I really want to pick up his Bodysong soundtrack now.

And Smear makes my anticipation for There Will Be blood grow ever more, if that's possible.

Would you like me to send Bodysong to you?

elevated_u2_fan said:
no, not at all, it gives me goosbumps and I havent had that happen to me much when listening to a Radiohead album before, as I said before I had no idea they were interested in making music like this...

agreed. I didn't think Thom Yorke was capable of actually wooing me, but he sure did when he sang "You are all I need..." its almost like radiohead found...soul?

you know this album actually reminds me of Sky Blue Sky a bit...both contain beautifully written songs and a sense of warmth. which is why it also reminds me of ATYCLB.

Impossible Germany is absolutely sublime, but the ending of All I Need is, as lazarus said, about as good as music gets. Hard for me to say which song is better. I'm a bit biased at the moment since I've listened to this album about 10 times in a row.

"I am all the days that you choose to ignore" is one of my favourite lines of the album, as well as the line BonoManiac quoted from Videotape. I need to pay attention to the lyrics more.

anyone complaining about the 160kbps is retarded. they basically gave it away. someone call the wambulance, i got possibly the best album of the year for free but it was ONLY 160kbps, I only accept my free music in lossless format, o woe is me, pragmatic celestials upon the parapet of discomfit, 10101001010101001000000010100THE RAINDROPSTHERAINDROPSTHE RAINDROPSTHERAINDROPSTHE RAINDROPSTHERAINDROPSTHE RAINDROPSTHERAINDROPSTHE RAINDROPSTHERAINDROPSTHE RAINDROPSTHERAINDROPSTHE RAINDROPSTHERAINDROPS THE RAINDROPSTHERAINDROPS

THE RAINDROPSTHERAINDROPS

THE RAINDROPSTHERAINDROPSTHE RAINDROPSTHERAINDROPSTHE RAINDROPSTHERAINDROPSTHE RAINDROPSTHERAINDROPS

. . . . .> / / . ¿

>

__----_-

+

My favorite lines:

I am a moth
who just wants to share your light
I'm just an insect
trying to get out of the night
I only stick with you
because there are no others
You are all I need

and this disturbing little bit from Faust Arp:

Dead from the neck up
Because I'm stuffed, stuffed, stuffed

My only complaint about All I Need is that it could have been maybe 30-60 seconds longer, especially at the end.

It's like getting to see the Grand Canyon for a few minutes and then getting dragged away.

lazarus said:
My only complaint about All I Need is that it could have been maybe 30-60 seconds longer, especially at the end.

It's like getting to see the Grand Canyon for a few minutes and then getting dragged away.

I couldn't agree more. It ends rather abruptly. You don't crescendo like that and then cut it off. Except they did.

I can believe people can quote the lyrics already. I've listened to it nearly nonstop and haven't learned any yet. :huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom