"RA D IOHE_AD IN/RAINBOWS" continuing discussion thread part iv

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lazarus said:

Ouch. I doubt I'll like it less, as Kid A is my second least favorite Radiohead, only above Pablo Honey.

BTW, Lance, you might want to head over to Zoo Station, where we're laughing at your expense, in your absence, in numerous threads.

:wink:

Well, Kid A is far and away my favorite album of their, so there's some perspective for that comment.

Now, on to Zoo Station. :wink:

Ok, so Jonny Greenwood is playing tunes that remind me about what rock'n'roll is all about.
I love this.

must...keep...listening....amazing...

i'm seriously about to pass out, but i want to listen to this whole album, dunno if that will happen tonight

I forgive Radiohead for Hail To The Thief. They are back. THIS is the band I fell in love with years ago. :heart:

Now...onto the tour...:wink: j/k

Nude is blowing mine.
Flashbacks of hearing it for the first time, 18 months ago.
How can it be this good?

:huh:

What's wrong with Videotape, exactly? It's a little busy production-wise, and it doesn't build to anything, but they hardly ruined it. Xavi, you love Motion Picture Soundtrack...why would you dislike Videotape?

Well, videotape isn't as cheestastic as the live version, but they didn't quite nail the outro like in the Basement Tapes version.

LemonMelon said:
What's wrong with Videotape, exactly? It's a little busy production-wise, and it doesn't build to anything, but they hardly ruined it. Xavi, you love Motion Picture Soundtrack...why would you dislike Videotape?

no build up like the live version

its missing Jonny's guitar

and those cool noise at the end

its good..I just expected better :wink:

So Arpeggi just ended.

So far:

1. Bodysnatchers
2. Nude
3. 15 Step
4. Arpeggi

GOOD GOD I LOVE THIS BAND

+ better than I expected, = satisfied, - disappointed

15 Step =
Bodysnatchers +
Nude +
Arpeggi +
All I Need =
Faust Arp +
Reckoner +
House Of Cards =
Jigsaw Falling Into Place =
Videotape -

The ending of the record is a grower, but the rest is mind-blowing. I love it.

Well, after first listen, going into second, I think I can place this about on par with OK Computer, which means it isn't anywhere close to being my favorite anytime soon. But it's still better than Pablo Honey and HTTT at least. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom