R.I.P Jeremy Beadle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vaz02

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
LONDON (Reuters) - Jeremy Beadle, one of Britain's favourite television presenters during the 1980s and early 1990s, has died, it was reported on Wednesday.

Beadle, 59, died of complications from pneumonia while being treated in a hospital in North London, The Sun's website reported. He died surrounded by his family, including his wife Sue and his children.

His agent was not immediately available for comment.

Beadle, the host of programmes such as "Beadle's About" and "You've Been Framed", was a constant presence on TV screens for more than a decade, although in recent years he kept a much lower profile, preferring to write books and do charity work.

The presenter was diagnosed with cancer in 2005, but did not let the condition restrain him, going on to publish three new books last year.

In his heyday, he pulled in up to 15 million viewers a night with his mix of comedy and family fun, particularly with the iconic "Beadle's About".

He was awarded an MBE in 2001 for his services to television and for his charity work, raising tens of millions of pounds, especially for children with leukaemia.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/entertainmentNews/idUKELK06975420080130

------------------------------------

He was such a british television legend, i have fond childhood memories of watch 'you been frammed'.

You will be missed R.I.P

:ohmy: :sad: :( :shocked: oh god i can't believe that! I'm in such shock, that's awful.

Used to watched Beadles About and YBF a lot when I was growing up in the early 90's. Always a laugh to watch. I met him a year or so ago in a pub in Hampstead, just a quick hello at the bar. Nice guy. A very untimely death.

:(

used to love watching YBF as a kid and he became synonymous with it. didn't know he raised all that money for charity. RIP Jeremy.

Aardvark747 said:
Used to watched Beadles About and YBF a lot when I was growing up in the early 90's. Always a laugh to watch. I met him a year or so ago in a pub in Hampstead, just a quick hello at the bar. Nice guy. A very untimely death.

You're so lucky to have met him :yes: that sounds lovely :)

Back
Top Bottom