R.E.M. Survivor - Reckoning - Round 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pick your least favorite

• Harborcoat

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7 Chinese Bros.

• So. Central Rain

• Pretty Persuasion

• Time After Time (AnnElise)

• Second Guessing

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

LemonMelon

More 5G Than Man
Last round, Talk About The Passion was eliminated, and Radio Free Europe, Pilgrimage, Perfect Circle, and Sitting Still were sent through to the final draw.

Votes:

Talk About The Passion - 7
Pilgrimage - 4
Perfect Circle - 3
Sitting Still - 3

Final Draw:

Gardening At Night
Radio Free Europe
Pilgrimage
Perfect Circle
Sitting Still

Reckoning came in 7th on the favorite R.E.M. album poll, so three of its songs will proceed to the final draw.

I think I'll give this album a fresh listen before I vote for this round, but right now I'd say that So. Central Rain, Harborcoat, and Rockville are the three I'd like to see advance.

very good album
but Letter Never Sent never did it for me

and Second Guessing will be next on my list

OK, first off, you all must know that I have never particularly liked So. Central Rain. Its alright, hardly my least favorite here, but I would prefer it wasn't one of the three to go through, which seems inevitable at this point. For me, it's got to be 7 Chinese Bros., Pretty Persuasion, and Rockville, but I have a soft spot for Letter Never Sent.

Little America should go this round.

BTW, according to the original rules I set up, only three songs should have gone through from each album, maximum, but now I'm quite glad I screwed up, because getting Murmur down to four was painful enough, and albums like Reckoning have more than two songs worthy of reaching the finals.

So here's what it will look like from now on:

4 songs
1. Automatic For The People
2. Lifes Rich Pageant
3. New Adventures In Hi-Fi
4. Document
5. Murmur

3 songs
6. Out Of Time
7. Reckoning
8. Fables Of The Reconstruction
9. Monster
10. Green

2 songs
11. Accelerate
12. Up
13. Around The Sun
14. Reveal

1 song
Chronic Town
Each set of b-sides/outtakes

This translates to nearly 50 songs in the final draw, which is certainly a bit much. But it will cause a lot less bickering in the individual rounds. :D

Little America, though I agree with Cori that Camera is rather boring, and a bit overrated.

Also, Harborcoat is the best thing on this album by a mile.

I'd also like to see Pretty Persuasion go ahead.

OK, first off, you all must know that I have never particularly liked So. Central Rain. Its alright, hardly my least favorite here, but I would prefer it wasn't one of the three to go through, which seems inevitable at this point. For me, it's got to be 7 Chinese Bros., Pretty Persuasion, and Rockville, but I have a soft spot for Letter Never Sent.

Little America should go this round.

Yeah, that's cool. To each his own. But, for me, it would be tragic if So. Central Rain didn't make it through. I think it's one of the band's greatest songs.

Edit - I'm listening to this shit right now, this album rocks. God damn your confusion!

Alright, the 5 standouts on the album for me are Harborcoat, So. Central, 7 Chinese Bros., Pretty Persuasion, and Rockville. Really, I'll be cool with any of those advancing.

Camera is a nice song and a pretty damn good lyric but it was the one I enjoyed the least on this listen that I just finished, so it gets my vote.

As soon as I finish this Doves album I'll give Reckoning another listen in order to give a fair vote. :wink:

Who the heck are KhanadaRhodes and Bono_212 and who do they think they are voting for Rockville in the first round? That's just insanity. Would you guys enlighten me and maybe help explain how, in any realm of rational thought, that song could be considered the worst song on Reckoning? Thanks.

:instigator:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom