R.E.M. Survivor - Murmur - Round 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pick your least favorite

• Radio Free Europe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pilgrimage

• Laughing

• Talk About The Passion

• Perfect Circle

• Catapult

• Sitting Still

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

LemonMelon

More 5G Than Man
Last round, 9-9 was eliminated.

Votes:

9-9 - 11
We Walk - 3
Laughing - 2
Sitting Still - 1 :tsk:
Shaking Through - 1

I think it's fairly obvious that We Walk is the weak link at this point. If you guys ousted Stumble because of how repetitive it was, We Walk really doesn't belong here.

We Walk at least has a unique sound, and is a fun little ditty. But I don't know what I would axe before it. Moral Kiosk (despite the great title) or Shaking Through, maybe?

I'll vote for either of those you mentioned to help save We Walk. I'd go with Laughing, too. Your call Laz.

Cool, I'm down with waiting.

Also, who is this Bono_212 character that has the gall to come in here and vote for We Walk? Some n00b? I've never heard of this person before, and I don't think their vote should count. :D

Shaking Through. I'll take playful REM over not-bad-but-not-all-that-great-compared-to-what's-left REM. :)

Cool, I'm down with waiting.

Also, who is this Bono_212 character that has the gall to come in here and vote for We Walk? Some n00b? I've never heard of this person before, and I don't think their vote should count. :D

I know that fool. Terrible person. Voted for Pride in the tuf survivor as well.

When we get to Life's Rich Pageant, I'll be showing some love for Underneath the Bunker as well. I love it!

I'll certainly be voting to eliminate Just a Touch and Hyena before that one.

I hope The Flowers of Guatemala gets through to the main pool. Such a beautiful track.

Agreed to everything you said here. Just a Touch is one of my least favorite REM songs. Hyena isn't bad, but it falls into that "okay, but kind of middling in that mediocre REM way."

If I had to pick 4 to continue from LRP, it would probably be:

Begin the Begin
I Believe
The Flowers of Guatemala
These Days

Fall On Me is a classic, but as a ballad it's not fit to hold Guatemala's tampon.

I love We Walk, especially after learning more about the meaning of some of the lyrics from PopSongs 08:

Michael Stipe’s explanation for the song’s lyrical content is somewhat intriguing. Apparently it’s based on visiting a place in Athens called the Print Shop. To get to the main room, one would have to go up a flight of stairs and through a bathroom, where occasionally there would be a person bathing with their arm leaning over the edge of the tub, recalling Jacques-Louis David’s portrait of Jean-Paul Marat, the French Revolutionary who was stabbed to death in his bath by an assassin. It’s an odd and striking image to be sure, but it’s a curious basis for a song, especially since there is so little to the lyrics aside from the repetition of this sideways allusion to a famous painting.

We Walk itself is enough to make me turn to knife crime, but if it beats Moral Kiosk next round...:doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom