Quiet, please. Observe strange sounds in Randoooomdadoomdadoom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had quite the lovely day in traffic :happy: I brought lunch to my grandpa. Getting to St Paul was a mess but then driving around little Highland Park and the Village was an even bigger mess. :crack: I forgot how tiny that place is and how many people live there. It's like a small town, college town, big city all wrapped up into one. :crazy: Then I wanted to go to the mall on my side of town. Big mistake. Took me 20 minutes just to turn around and go back to the highway because I knew there was no way I was going to actually get into the mall. So I went to Kohls and Target on my hunt for a Vikings hoodie. I actually found a purple zip up hoodie at Kohls complete with the Viking head in the middle of the shirt but it was $45 on sale! :madwife: No thanks. I'll have to keep looking this week......

Just think, tonight you have to root for the Packers :evil::flirt:

Found the gifts, I can breathe again.
For the fun of it the computer is giving me fits tonight.

oh silly girl! NOTHING and I mean NOTHING stops Minnesota, especially the Twin Cities. :tsk: -26 isn't all that bad if there's no wind :yikes: It's when the windchill matches the temp or is colder that it's dangerous to be out. But the roads are completely clean and there's nothing like a warm jacket, mittens, and a scarf to help you along the way. Our plows run constantly as well as the salt and sand trucks. So you'd never know there was a snow and ice storm when you're on the highways. Perfectly clear. You just drive a little slower in this kind of weather. Even most of the sides streets in Minneapolis are clear. St Paul is another story :crack: It's like 2 different worlds between the cities :tsk:

You get used to the cold. Even being away in the desert for the last 10 months didn't stop me from walking outside yesterday and thinking it could be, and has been, a lot colder than -10 before.

Here in WI, we whine about the temps. :happy:. Everyone is grumpy cuz all the snow
Your plows run constantly? :shocked:
My community is running low on salt and it has announced it will not be salting and the streets are HORRID from the past storms with 2 more storms coming *grumble*

Happy Hanukkah, arw :)

thank you!

Just think, tonight you have to root for the Packers :evil::flirt:

Found the gifts, I can breathe again.
For the fun of it the computer is giving me fits tonight.

I know...as much as it kills me to say this.....GO PACK!!!!! :eek: :faint:

and :up: for the gifts :down: for the computer fits!

Here in WI, we whine about the temps. :happy:. Everyone is grumpy cuz all the snow
Your plows run constantly? :shocked:
My community is running low on salt and it has announced it will not be salting and the streets are HORRID from the past storms with 2 more storms coming *grumble*

well constantly as in until there's no snow on the ground and the streets are clear. We pay lots o'money in taxes around these parts to keep our steets safe in the winter.

I really hope I can get into a mall tomorrow afternoon. I have a hair appt in the morning so maybe once I'm done I can get into the mall. I really need slippers. I think mine are in AZ but those could be replaced. I can barely walk on the floor here! It's freeeeeeezing. I saw some cute ones at Gap or Old Navy or VS....:der: Not sure which.

:eek: there's a yucky spider on the wall :help:

Talked to my supervisor today and they did an exact duplicate of this week's schedule for next. I am pissed that I didn't get scheduled but then again the only way for me to work would be to leave on xmas day, in 2 days, and that's too early. So I'll book a flight tonight to leave on Jan 1st. My sup said if I get back to the resort by the 1st, which is the last day of the pay period, then I should fill out to get PTO even though I don't have any. She said more than likely they will let me borrow against it. It will take me months and months to pay it back and it totally sucks that 80 hours of vacation time is now what I'm living off of instead of getting to use it to take time off when I want. But at least I have something. We have 3 new people that get nothing more than one 6 hour shift each week. One guy has a pregnant wife at home to take care of so I wouldn't be surprised if he goes back to the resort he came from. They didn't want him to leave. But I can't imagine they are busy right now. We're a lot busier than they are on any given day. So whatever......now I'm here til the 1st. :WEIRD: Totally not expecting this one. I have plans with some of my oldest friends this Sat at a restaurant right down the road. I'm crashing their party so I asked if I could bring a friend...or 3...that way all of my friends can meet the boy at the same time. That is if all goes well tonight and he wants to meet my friends :flirt:

:drool: Well at least I breathe easy about this one.....I found a purple Vikings hoodie!!!!!!!! :hyper: It was exactly what I wanted to spend. They had others I liked a little more but of course the price was a lot more. The players numbers are on the front so of course I got RB #28 Adrian "let's drop the ball countless times against the falcons :madspit:" Peterson! :D I love AP regardless of the drops on Sun. The only other player I would have gotten is #29, his partner in crime, Chester Taylor. So I'm perfectly happy. They actually had one that said QB #10! That's a blast from the past and the qb of my childhood. :heart: Fran Tarkenton :heart: But I went with a current player. My mom kept picking out regular sweatshirts, twins sweatshirts, gray sweatshirts. I don't think she understood that I was after a purple Vikings hoodie until I tried it on and went to pay for it. :rolleyes: I can't wait to wear it! :D

I am home.
I am tired, I am grumpy.
I have a potato casserole to make.
It is still snowing.
More snow is coming.
Fa La La La La La La freakin' La :|

The 3 Christmas hires (the closers), called in or just didn't show up.
In the China Dept. the Christmas hires quit and the regular gal called in.

Great night, just great :mad:

Sorry about the hours, arw
The hoodie, I guess :wink: , is a :up:
Have fun with the boy :)

Huzzah for being finished shopping.
I still have a couple things to wrap.

Well, I had hoped to finish up the few remaining items of shopping after work; but thanks to a freaking freezing rain storm, it did not get done. So thankful to make it home in one piece--the worst part was the three-block walk from the building where I work to the parking garage. It's a slight down-hill, and the sidewalks had had the snow cleared away from earlier in the day, so there was just a glare on ice on them. I walked in the snow beside the sidewalk instead!

So MrPurrl and I made buckeyes and fudge tonight. :drool: And I'll be out there in the stores after work tomorrow with the rest of the wild-eyed crazies who have not yet finished shopping! :eek:

:| just got back from dinner and a movie with that guy I've invested 5 months of my time to.....yeah. Zero spark. :| We seem to get along great on the phone but there's just nothing there in person. I'm pissed. I sort of felt this in Oct but thought I needed to give him another chance. I have no plans for the time I'm here and he didn't say much about going out again. I asked him if he wanted to meet my friends and I at a bar on sat night and he said he had other plans. :| So we have tentative plans to meet on Sun afternoon to watch the Vikings game at a bar. I don't know.....I'm annoyed by the whole thing. :angry: Damn, damn, damn. :mad:

Well, I had hoped to finish up the few remaining items of shopping after work; but thanks to a freaking freezing rain storm, it did not get done. So thankful to make it home in one piece--the worst part was the three-block walk from the building where I work to the parking garage. It's a slight down-hill, and the sidewalks had had the snow cleared away from earlier in the day, so there was just a glare on ice on them. I walked in the snow beside the sidewalk instead!

So MrPurrl and I made buckeyes and fudge tonight. :drool: And I'll be out there in the stores after work tomorrow with the rest of the wild-eyed crazies who have not yet finished shopping! :eek:

gotta love that ice! :drool: Good luck at the mall. :eek:

Sending sympathy and strength to power shop. Good luck!
Ice :crack: Be careful!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom