Quiet, please. Observe strange sounds in Randoooomdadoomdadoom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lmao:
funniest question of the day from a relative who shall remain nameless:
"paper? do you have the paper?"

We are gonna be lucky to see todays paper tomorrow :lmao:

I am gonna be one of those fools shopping tomorrow after I get the haircut cuz Sunday another 4-7 inches of snow is coming *visualizing Tom Hanks laughing*

Round 2 shoveling done. The section of driveway I had done much earlier was completely snowed in again (with more snow than before). Can you say thundersnow?
We came in to rest.
Dad got the snowblower working :yippie:
Problem is that to get thru it I have to knock down the monster drifts (2-3 feet depending where it is in the driveway). I knock down, he snowblows and I do clean up behind and the pathway to the house back and frontyard.
Probably another 2 rounds to go........so who wants to come and rake the roof? :huh:
It isn't even winter yet :scream:

What part of *Snow Emergency* don't people on my street understand? Note to the neighbots: That means no parking on the street..............get off, get off, get off the street. The plow can't clean up the street completely with you there! :mad:

I just called in.
Non critical Milw. County workers are being told to stay home.
Hundreds of schools are shut down (I enjoyed the sheriff deputy who commented, "the kids are off school so they will want to go to a movie or the mall". When I had a snow day as a child, there is NO way my parents would have taken me anywhere. If school was shut down cuz of snow, then shoveling or homework or home stuff was done)
It is Snowmageddon or a Snowpocalyspe

today was probably the last day of class for some of those kids since xmas is next week. I'm sure the malls will be packed with crazy people who just have to be out spending money.

I agree about the homework thing. My parents would have never let us do anything on a snow day.

:uhoh: I hope the snow isn't too bad tomorrow night at about 11 pm :eek:

Round 2 shoveling done. The section of driveway I had done much earlier was completely snowed in again (with more snow than before). Can you say thundersnow?
We came in to rest.
Dad got the snowblower working :yippie:
Problem is that to get thru it I have to knock down the monster drifts (2-3 feet depending where it is in the driveway). I knock down, he snowblows and I do clean up behind and the pathway to the house back and frontyard.
Probably another 2 rounds to go........so who wants to come and rake the roof? :huh:
It isn't even winter yet :scream:

What part of *Snow Emergency* don't people on my street understand? Note to the neighbots: That means no parking on the street..............get off, get off, get off the street. The plow can't clean up the street completely with you there! :mad:

just be careful shoveling with that leg of yours.....

YouTube - Tom Hanks - The money pit

Willing to share.
:hug:. EEK.
I wish I knew what to say to make you feel better.
:hug: seems to sum it up best

Going home sounds good :up:

I just watched this twice......I wish that would have been my reaction when I saw the schedule. At first I thought my Sous Chef and supervisor were trying to be funny by putting up a schedule that said OFF on it for the week but then I saw everyone one else was off too. I turned around and looked at them and said asked where the real schedule is. They kept telling me it was the real schedule but I didn't believe them. We have a glass case message board thingy by our time clock with the schedules posted there. There is no way our receptionist would put up a fake schedule so I went over there to look. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!! So then I went outside to get some air and tried to not to throw up my lunch. Then I went back to work. Normally I'd get my ass kicked if I would have just walked out for 15 minutes like that but I think they both knew how shocking this was to everyone so no one said a word to me.

I'm still shocked and also very worried. Today is the 1st day of the new pay period. I have 40 hours of PTO to cover 2 weeks. :barf: I usually work about 15 hours of OT in 2 weeks so that's really getting paid an extra 22.5 hours. So I'm going to go from getting paid for 102 hours to 40 hours. :help: :scream:

we're out of tape and there's gifts to be wrapped. I keep thinking I need to get ready for work now so I can go to the store for the tape, drop it off at home, and then just head out to work a little early. No one will notice if I'm a half hour early. I have so much to do for the restaurant anyways and it will be super busy on Sat night that I won't get a thing done. So I should probably go soon..........but then reality sets in. :happy: I really feel like I got laid off yesterday. I can't believe my resort is dead to the point that 80% of it's kitchen staff is completely off right now. Those that are working are really only there for a few hours. The occupancy rate is in the single digits. It was so busy two weekends ago that we worked almost 12 hour days and barely got a break to sit down.

I think I'll go out and get that tape soon.....

I sent my supervisor a text and told her to find the money pit clip on youtube. She watched it and then said she was glad I didn't laugh like that at work yesterday. :angry:

we're out of tape and there's gifts to be wrapped. I keep thinking I need to get ready for work now so I can go to the store for the tape, drop it off at home, and then just head out to work a little early. No one will notice if I'm a half hour early. I have so much to do for the restaurant anyways and it will be super busy on Sat night that I won't get a thing done. So I should probably go soon..........but then reality sets in. :happy: I really feel like I got laid off yesterday. I can't believe my resort is dead to the point that 80% of it's kitchen staff is completely off right now. Those that are working are really only there for a few hours. The occupancy rate is in the single digits. It was so busy two weekends ago that we worked almost 12 hour days and barely got a break to sit down.

I think I'll go out and get that tape soon.....

It kind of sounded like the "L" word to me in a way, too. Didn't want to say it outloud. The "L" word is what the rumors are in our company.

Your field sounds almost like working in daycare, in that unless you own your own business, you don't go into it thinking that you are going to get make $. You do it because you really enjoy doing that job.
Did you ever think about going into the teaching aspect of it?

I sent my supervisor a text and told her to find the money pit clip on youtube. She watched it and then said she was glad I didn't laugh like that at work yesterday. :angry:
So she's not a Money Pit fan? Pity.

I actually did a pretty fair impression out in the driveway about 15 minutes ago. I had the radio on as I was shoveling and they very happily announced the cancellation of the Winter Storm Warning only to follow it up with a Winter Storm Watch for Saturday night 4-7 inches is coming. It was at that point that I did the laugh in the middle of the driveway.

OH and the end of the driveway is still not been completely finished. *little white flag of surrender*
Now I go curl up in my Pj's with my leg on a pillow and a heating pad on my back. Thank God for my knee brace.
Did I mention that I am drinking Kriek Lambic Belgian beer? Tasty.

It kind of sounded like the "L" word to me in a way, too. Didn't want to say it outloud. The "L" word is what the rumors are in our company.

Your field sounds almost like working in daycare, in that unless you own your own business, you don't go into it thinking that you are going to get make $. You do it because you really enjoy doing that job.
Did you ever think about going into the teaching aspect of it?

it is a labor of love. Even bakery owners don't make all that much. We charges $1000 for the wedding cakes we make and everyone that works on it can barely pay the bills. I love what I do and wouldn't go back to sitting in a cubicle M-F from 8-5, having to sit in boring corporate meetings, etc. I wouldn't change this for the world.....I just wish I made a tad more and didn't have these weird mandatory periods of time off. Another year or so and I'll be making a little more of what I had hoped to make starting out. I knew going into this that I was going to get screwed over for $ because I was hired at a student rate and then when they promoted me, they gave me the usual $1.00 they give for a promotion but it's still less than what my title actually makes. They should have given me about another $1.00 more. My boss knows this but can't do much about it. It just proves to him how serious I am about learning as much as I can about my work.

Yeah I definitely want to teach. It doesn't pay much but if you think about it, it's really only a 25-30 hour a week job. You get full benefits and have time to work in the industry as well as teaching. You need about 5 years in the field outside of school to get a job. My school loves to hire alumni and I'd love to teach there one day so we'll see.

For now I'm dirt poor but I still go to work each day shaking my head that I get to decorate cakes and make fancy pastries all day and there's someone that is paying me to do this. I can't tell you how much fun my job is even on the most stressful of days there.

So she's not a Money Pit fan? Pity.

I actually did a pretty fair impression out in the driveway about 15 minutes ago. I had the radio on as I was shoveling and they very happily announced the cancellation of the Winter Storm Warning only to follow it up with a Winter Storm Watch for Saturday night 4-7 inches is coming. It was at that point that I did the laugh in the middle of the driveway.

I don't think it's a question of her being a fan or not, I just think she was happy I didn't go into some hysterical fit of one sort or another. She had to leave at 4 due to all the OT she worked this week. She texted me when she got home and said she was worried about me working alone for the few hours I stayed because she knew how upset I was.

the unemployed boss are good for something.....the house is spotless. They keep the kitchen pretty clean but today I came home to a fully vacuumed house and freshly washed kitchen. Now if they would only clean the bathroom that has the shower in it!

:(

It's really weird that all of this is happening only about an hour and a half drive from me. These big crime cases usually are so far away, and this one seems like it should be but it's not :(

Sorry about the snow and job difficulties.

Even though I knew in my heart that Caylee was probably dead, I held out hope that by some miracle she would be found alive.
I felt the same way about Dahmer. My city :(

I may stop at World Market and pick up some Guinness and try to make your cake for Christmas Eve, arw. We'll see how I feel.

So the cake is a go............the muffin tin version.
If the ganache isn't necessary, what else can I use to top them?

I don't think it's a question of her being a fan or not, I just think she was happy I didn't go into some hysterical fit of one sort or another. She had to leave at 4 due to all the OT she worked this week. She texted me when she got home and said she was worried about me working alone for the few hours I stayed because she knew how upset I was.
ah, I see.
A caring boss.
What is that like?

I'm a little concerned I'm not going anywhere tomorrow night. Chance of snow 80% with winds close to 30 mph plus drifting snow. That's how tonight was supposed to be so I picked Sat. :angry: Well I also didn't want to rush out of here but it was a big factor. The flight I was going to take tonight was about an hour late but it's in the air right now. I hope the snow and winds are finished or won't have started until I land.

I :heart: NFL network. :drool:

I'm watching the '98 Vikings game that they lost :angry: against the Falcons. They should have won this game and gone to the Super Bowl. It was Randy Moss's first season in the league. I remember these players so well. Names and faces I haven't heard about in years....I remember this game so vividly. I still can't believe they lost.

my friends just texted me to say there's going to be a blizzard tomorrow night in MN :happy: Guess I'm staying in Phx.

sorry :(
Just got up to see our storm watch got dowgraded to winter weather advisory and the heaviest stuff is falling to the north. Still not pleasant here, but better than before.
sorry :(

Ya gotta believe in miracles.

Gotta run and get ready for errand/shopping day :wave:
Later!

Mall :crack:
So people find last minute shopping fun?
I am still missing one more thing for dad, but I couldn't take the mall anymore. I had to leave.

Got a card in the mail when I got home from shopping from a friend who has battled ovarian cancer for 7 years now.
I had a heads up from a phone call from a co-worker/friend last night about the card.
Mine was delayed a day cuz we didn't get any mail yesterday.
Nothing like tearing up in the middle of the store today when I actually read the letter........

This explains why we heard nothing from her when we called and sent cards.
:sigh:

Got a card in the mail when I got home from shopping from a friend who has battled ovarian cancer for 7 years now.
I had a heads up from a phone call from a co-worker/friend last night about the card.
Mine was delayed a day cuz we didn't get any mail yesterday.
Nothing like tearing up in the middle of the store today when I actually read the letter........

This explains why we heard nothing from her when we called and sent cards.
:sigh:

:hug: is she the one you used to talk about in your journals a few years ago?

so far my flight is only delayed 40 minutes. I think it's supposed to be done snowing by the time I'm supposed to land....in -25 degree windchills :happy:

If I didn't have this guy at home that I want to get to know better then I would be staying put. But it's been 5, going on 6 months, that we've known each other and we're both ready to figure out what exactly we are to each other. So maybe it'll be worth the delayed flight and cold weather. I hope so.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom